2024 T.J Capers - LB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don’t think he’s gonna get a lot of local dudes like that for this cycle.
Expect more oos players.

The local 5 stars have been wanting to leave for a while now. Imo Innis was never coming here regardless of how good of a season we had.

Same with smith. You have to understand that these kids have been dreaming of going to schools not named Miami for a very long time. They’re not gonna all of the sudden switch cause we win 10 games even if we dominate those games.
Can we win one or 2 battles? Probably. But I don’t see a 10 win team pulling all the local 5 star kids for 24.
But a 10 win team will definitely get the attention of a lot of local kids in 25 class.

Unfortunately ESD is a negative for us this year imo. Last year gave the 24 kids nothing to be hyped about.
If we have a really good season and nsd was in February then maybe we would have more of a shot.

But most of the elite players are gonna be locked up by ESD.
None of them are gonna wait to see how bowl season plays out before making their mind up about UM.
They ain't grow up seeing a good UM so it's harder to land these kids. But if he doesn't then the rise will be that much harder.

Yeah the upfront money has to be wild for this one. Having said that, ZERO excuses for Mario not to win a 5 star LB from fkn Columbus lol

If that's the case, I don't expect us to wildly bid on LBs. Maybe 1-2 year. I think Capers can be very good, but he also may just be an undersized edge. Would welcome him in this class. Will we have an NIL pitch for him, no doubt. But I'd think that big up front money is likely going to be saved (wisely) for OT, QB, WR, the the occasional DT...Corners and Edges likely lead the next group...LB down on the list.

Plus everyone's looking at rankings, and although everyone seems to agree the kid is very good, most of the locals seem to agree that 5* is really pushing it here. If you have to quantify it, more like a 4*.

If that's the case, I don't expect us to wildly bid on LBs. Maybe 1-2 year. I think Capers can be very good, but he also may just be an undersized edge. Would welcome him in this class. Will we have an NIL pitch for him, no doubt. But I'd think that big up front money is likely going to be saved (wisely) for OT, QB, WR, the the occasional DT...Corners and Edges likely lead the next group...LB down on the list.

Plus everyone's looking at rankings, and although everyone seems to agree the kid is very good, most of the locals seem to agree that 5* is really pushing it here. If you have to quantify it, more like a 4*.
I have to see more film in space and closing speed, alot of linebackers get 5 star too easy in HS at times.

Advertisement
TJ's Columbus teammates are all visiting, no info on him visiting. May be an indication of staff priorities.

I know the optics and the narrative about how Mario can't lose out a 5 star from his Alma mater, but I'm okay with Mario taking this "L".

The kid is coming off an ACL injury and hasn't put forth much effort to rehab or even train to prepare for Spring.

Capers gives strong Shemar vibes, and though not a popular opinion I'd be okay losing out on this 5 star.

- Miami Columbus Top247 EDGE TJ Capers was hanging around with Raw Miami and expressed that he’s still locked in with Louisville. Miami is still recruiting him and he’s considered making the trip to campus a time or two but hasn’t. I don’t think he’s ruling out eventually touring Coral Gables but seems firm on that pledge to the Cardinals.

Advertisement
TJ's Columbus teammates are all visiting, no info on him visiting. May be an indication of staff priorities.

OR maybe he's one of the kids were respecting the need to move in silence with... Again it's really important to remember Mario isn't doing what he does for fans acceptance. He's doing what he needs to do he can get us right. People understanding those moves don't matter to him.

OR maybe he's one of the kids were respecting the need to move in silence with... Again it's really important to remember Mario isn't doing what he does for fans acceptance. He's doing what he needs to do he can get us right. People understanding those moves don't matter to him.
Why do kids commit then compel coaches to be discreet? Boggles my mind, especially when u highlt rated and they'll take ur commit anytime

Why do kids commit then compel coaches to be discreet? Boggles my mind, especially when u highlt rated and they'll take ur commit anytime
Because we have consecutive coaching staffs who accommodate this beta bull****. "move in silence" "we're at the table"

Advertisement
Ur saying that quite possibly cause you don't understand how dirty this game is and how much certain teams are willing to break kids off so that they can get visits, make lists,make commitments,etc. Y'all think apparently that just cause nil is becoming what it is that teams don't still play the bag game. That's a HUGE misconception if that's what anyone's believing. This game is played in the shadows until it really matters. Plenty of that is done so that kids have schools that are exceptions for attention. We are most certainly one of those schools that kids are being told if they're linked to than their bread is gone.

Ur saying that quite possibly cause you don't understand how dirty this game is and how much certain teams are willing to break kids off so that they can get visits, make lists,make commitments,etc. Y'all think apparently that just cause nil is becoming what it is that teams don't still play the bag game. That's a HUGE misconception if that's what anyone's believing. This game is played in the shadows until it really matters. Plenty of that is done so that kids have schools that are exceptions for attention. We are most certainly one of those schools that kids are being told if they're linked to than their bread is gone.
1681629448424.gif

I know a recruit was told if he moves to certain HS here his scholly Is gone. A very good one. Like you said visiting or dealing with UM is a no no and can blow up your spot. The NIL has made UM the boogie man. But some “experts” here laughed at me when I rip our idiotic media for leaking silent visits. Fact is people think they have a clue how things works but they really don’t.

Advertisement
I know a recruit was told if he moves to certain HS here his scholly Is gone. A very good one. Like you said visiting or dealing with UM is a no no and can blow up your spot. The NIL has made UM the boogie man. But some “experts” here laughed at me when I rip our idiotic media for leaking silent visits. Fact is people think they have a clue how things works but they really don’t.
Yup. That's why I always say our fanbase really has no idea how much they hurt us sometimes. Obviously it's not intentional. But lord knows they do.

Yup. That's why I always say our fanbase really has no idea how much they hurt us sometimes. Obviously it's not intentional. But lord knows they do.
I got mocked by a certain poster here for going in on Frank Tucker leaking a visit that was intended to be kept quiet. A high level recruit that snuck down late in the process. Right when it gets out he commits to another school. Letting this out hurts us multiple ways , one being what you mentioned and the other is the kids won’t trust Miami. They couldn’t keep one thing in house and they couldn’t do that.

Even if it costs us one of of ten high level recruits thats one too many.

Since Mario has been here how many recruits have popped up on our radar out of nowhere or committed out of nowhere that caught people off guard? Everything matters in recruiting.

I got mocked by a certain poster here for going in on Frank Tucker leaking a visit that was intended to be kept quiet. A high level recruit that snuck down late in the process. Right when it gets out he commits to another school. Letting this out hurts us multiple ways , one being what you mentioned and the other is the kids won’t trust Miami. They couldn’t keep one thing in house and they couldn’t do that.

Even if it costs us one of of ten high level recruits thats one too many.
What’s crazy about secrets everyone has a person they trust and it eventually gets out as each person passes on to a trusted person.

I would think that the player would tell his recruiter / coach that this between us only till “ I “ share with my family first.

It should end there in confidentiality.

I get your point @Cribby , most people want to be insiders but this can be costly as you described.

I only tell secrets to people whom are of honor who will share wisdom insight upon knowing an it ends there.

GOCANES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back