2024 T.J Capers - LB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Louisville have fun holding onto a south Florida kid for over a year
Just a reminder about the full court press Mario put on after Ray Ray committed to Clemson about a year ago (from @Page305 ). Think his intensity won't be 4x for TJ?

Uncle Luke(Joseph's HC) got on the Footballville show and was telling everyone how relentless Mario is with recruiting. He said Mario will randomly text him 3-4 in the morning and say "F### CLEMSON, I WANT JOSEPH TO BE A CANE" lol.

Advertisement
There's some background here but I wouldn't necessarily count Louisville out completely. They are throwing money around that'll make 2022's class blush.

If Miami wants Capers, then the money will be significant to reel him in.

I dont think he's worth what Louisville is apparently willing to pay (but "stealing" a 5 star Columbus recruit from Cristobal would signal a huge coup).
NIL hasn't been an issue for us yet. I'll just assume with Mario's ability to recruit + our NIL we'll be in this to the very end and then Mario will seal the deal. Assuming he's high up on their board.

Advertisement
I wonder how much Louisville is offering for an early commit these days… should hold him over until he signs with Miami

Advertisement
Seems like they needed a few more to commit on television as those two juniors were the first two to commit live at this game ever. That led me to thinking how the early signing day has even effected how this games broadcast goes. You used to have a bunch of big *** signings as the early date didn't exist.

The bags are right but the strategy should be all too familiar with us Canes. We have done this with multiple staffs, particularly Golden and Manny, where we pushed for verbals and would go into the summer with top 10 classes sometimes the top class only to fall apart at the finish line. Im not saying UL will fall part like us but come the fall, the usual suspects start making their move and usually get their player.
Louisville is trying to build some momentum to attract other top prospects.

I don't think it will work. Mario wants the best players staying home. There's NO way Mario and Ruiz are going to let Louisville plant a flag in our backyard because loosing Capers to Louisville sends a message that SF is open season for everyone while Mario and Ruiz want to rebuild that State of Miami.

Just a reminder about the full court press Mario put on after Ray Ray committed to Clemson about a year ago (from @Page305 ). Think his intensity won't be 4x for TJ?

Uncle Luke(Joseph's HC) got on the Footballville show and was telling everyone how relentless Mario is with recruiting. He said Mario will randomly text him 3-4 in the morning and say "F### CLEMSON, I WANT JOSEPH TO BE A CANE" lol.

..... That's why I have ZERO concern on this recruitment. Like ZERO.

Advertisement
SoFla kids rarely stick to a year plus commitments. Innis committed to OU first and then picked Taint in the summer and he still flirted with Miami a little but Gattis happened. With the early signing period and OVs allowed summer is no longer all that early. I'd be surprised if Smith and Capers stick with their first commitments.
Smith would be a shocking flip IMO

Didn’t I tell y’all about Louisville last recruiting cycle when people actually had some concern about ray ray committing there lol. Let them drop the early bags & get early commitments just for the class to crumble again. Nobody worried about Louisville/Hova, let Capers get some money & bourbon for a while.

Advertisement
He committed to Louisville, so I assume he doesn’t have the grades to get into Miami currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back