Syracuse vs. Miami 8pm ACCN

Advertisement
Really interested in seeing how we attack the zone! Go canes
Passing and ball movement will have to be as crisp as it's been the last few games, and we need to continue to play at a faster pace. Guys like Jordan Miller will have to knock down open 3's when they have them.

Passing and ball movement will have to be as crisp as it's been the last few games, and we need to continue to play at a faster pace. Guys like Jordan Miller will have to knock down open 3's when they have them.
Yes sir. His play has been exciting. What’s the deal with Sam? We need him out there

Advertisement
I'm more worried about how we are going to rebound in this game. Syracuse is the 6th tallest team in the country. 6 out of their 8 rotation players are 6'6 and taller.

Advertisement
I'm more worried about how we are going to rebound in this game. Syracuse is the 6th tallest team in the country. 6 out of their 8 rotation players are 6'6 and taller.
We do have the shooters capable of stretching that zone out - just have to hit our shots. Size will definitely be an issue, but we can counter going small and being quicker, driving into the lane and collapsing the zone. Again, we have to hit our outside shots. Total is pretty high from a betting perspective, so Vegas thinks it's a shootout.

Think we can pull this one out, keep it rolling.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 4.36.59 PM.png

I attached some KenPom information above, always love looking at the varying metrics. 'Cuse shoots the three ball very well, got to lock up Buddy and co. Defensively in general, we are a bit of a wreck and have been winning by purely outscoring our opponents with a relatively up-tempo approach. Eventually, we'll have to tighten up against the bigger boys - and while 'Cuse isn't as good as Wake imo, they can present more issues (again related to size).

Definitely interesting to see despite all the size, 'Cuse's interior D isn't all that - hopefully our guards can find driving lanes and attack the rim repeatedly.

Advertisement
GAMETIME 8PM 8PM 8PM !! (hope the 6PM header didn't mess anyone up, before changing... atleast someone looking for the game at 6PM won't miss it, just have to wait a bit)

View attachment 170859
I attached some KenPom information above, always love looking at the varying metrics. 'Cuse shoots the three ball very well, got to lock up Buddy and co. Defensively in general, we are a bit of a wreck and have been winning by purely outscoring our opponents with a relatively up-tempo approach. Eventually, we'll have to tighten up against the bigger boys - and while 'Cuse isn't as good as Wake imo, they can present more issues (again related to size).

Definitely interesting to see despite all the size, 'Cuse's interior D isn't all that - hopefully our guards can find driving lanes and attack the rim repeatedly.
Interesting that we are about average in terms of experience despite being one of the oldest teams by age.

Very excited to see how we do against a decent team. In the past I would have always felt well if we win we were lucky but this club gives me a different feeling. I think we want to see how we stack up in a toss up type of game like this. Go Canes ! Make us proud 8 straight 🙌

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back