Syracuse players sit out first two pratices.

Advertisement
No worries ; all good.
I'm of course a Canes fan, but also a Big Syracuse guy [so maybe I'm just a wee bit sensitive that way ... LOL].

Have a Great Day !!
This is not about being a fan of one school over another. It's about providing a standard of safety and a level playing field for competition.

NO. You have missed the point entirely. Quite frankly your response is just ignorant. Ignoring thin increased health risk, not having a uniform policy can create a competitive advantage for some teams over others. With our great UM heathcare and support of the school president, I would expect Miami to be at a competitive disadvantage because I believe UM will test more than other schools, resulting in more players sitting out giving an advantage to our opponents because of no uniform testing policy.
T here is a reason Clemson and Bama own
NO. You have missed the point entirely. Quite frankly your response is just ignorant. Ignoring thin increased health risk, not having a uniform policy can create a competitive advantage for some teams over others. With our great UM heathcare and support of the school president, I would expect Miami to be at a competitive disadvantage because I believe UM will test more than other schools, resulting in more players sitting out giving an advantage to our opponents because of no uniform testing policy.
I'm sorry. I just gave you an opinion on whether schools in specific states would be playing college football this year. I also said no matter what the league does they will not play outside of a bubble environment. I also don't believe I listed Florida as one of the states in question.

T here is a reason Clemson and Bama own

I'm sorry. I just gave you an opinion on whether schools in specific states would be playing college football this year. I also said no matter what the league does they will not play outside of a bubble environment. I also don't believe I listed Florida as one of the states in question.
What does that have to do with safety and fair competition? I think your posts should be in a different thread.

Advertisement
What does that have to do with safety and fair competition? I think your posts should be in a different thread.
Thanks for telling me how I should react to your post. MY Point was that in my opinion there will not be college football in the states I listed Regardless of testing protocals. Nothing more. All your talk about competitive advantage is great and all, but not the point of my retort. You mentioned Syracuse players and I indiscreetly snuck in that clleges in NY, among other states would not be playing this year. In my opinion.

Decisions like this are all about the culture your head coach has implemented. You see teams like Ohio State rallying together and Miami has been business as usual. Then, you have teams like Syracuse who obviously lack a strong culture.

Drop them right now and pick up teams that want to play. There are plenty out there. Do the kids want to be tested daily? I mean come on.

Advertisement
Decisions like this are all about the culture your head coach has implemented. You see teams like Ohio State rallying together and Miami has been business as usual. Then, you have teams like Syracuse who obviously lack a strong culture.

exactly. This isn’t a virus issue this is a coach and program problem!

This is not about being a fan of one school over another. It's about providing a standard of safety and a level playing field for competition.
Huh?
Just because I pointed out the error in your spelling of Syracuse [and I appreciate your correcting that], that doesn't somehow contradict, take away from, or let alone addresss the points you are trying to make in your initial post.

Are you sure the acc doesn’t have a policy? Or is the acc policy simply for less testing than Syracuse’s policy?
Let me clarify as I stated in the OP. The ACC does not have frequent testing in their policy. All P5 conferences should have the same policy. This is a bigger failure by the NCAA in not setting rules and protocols for Covid-19 that everyone must meet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
SEC policy requires teams tested twice weekly: on the 3 day and 6th day after games.

ACC requires teams tested 3 days prior to game.

Miami has stated they will absolutely meet the minimum requirements of this policy. They HAVE NOT said that is all they are doing. The University as a whole has a good plan on the reopening process, classroom protocol and dorm life.

FWIW, within the ACC itself, schools are starting the semester with all kinds of differing policies on in-person instruction, living on campus, etc.

Advertisement
Back