Syracuse players sit out first two pratices.

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Syracuse football players sat out Thursday and Friday refusing to pratice related to Covid-19. Evidently, players are not happy that the ACC does NOT have frequent testing in their Coronavirus Plan. Other conferences such as the Big10 and SEC do. Syracuse University is committed to testing players twice per week during the season. The players are satisfied with their school, but not the ACC as a whole.

I can't believe the ACC Conference heads have dropped the ball when it comes to frequent testing. The ACC needs to have multiple tests per week and specify what days those tests should be performed.

Kudos to the Syracuse football players for making a stance for the betterment of the entire conference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No Idea Idk GIF by Wiz Khalifa

I doubt we see any college football from teams in NY, NJ, Conn, Mass, Maryland or California.

Advertisement
If Dr Frenk ever added any value to the school, it's been this year.

I think you missed the whole point. Without uniform testing you have unfair competition and increased health risks.
The ACC does have a uniform policy. Syracuse at their players request has gone beyond that. The ACC can't make Syracuse test less. The ****storm that would come down if it was found you were "forcing a school to be less safe"

Advertisement
Saracuse football players sat out Thursday and Friday refusing to pratice related to Covid-19. Evidently, players are not happy that the ACC does NOT have frquent testing in their Coronavirus Plan. Other conferences such as the Big10 and SEC do. Saracuse University is committed to testing players twice per week during the season. The players are satisfied with their school, but not the ACC as a whole.

I can't believe the ACC Conference heads have dropped the ball when it comes to testing. You must have a standard across the conference to proctect everyone and have fairness in competition. You could have a school like Saracuse testing twice a week while another school only tests once per week. Saracuse could wind up sitting players testing positive while the other school has players competing who are unknown positive creating a greater health risk and an unfair competitve advantage simply by not testing as frequently.

The ACC needs to have a uniform testing policy for the number days tested per week and on what days those tests should be performed.

Kudos to the Saracuse football players for making a stance for the betterment of the entire conference.

It's SYracuse with a Y amigo.

On a related note and if there's a football season, I'm curious to see how guys like Cornellius Nunn [projected as second team on depth chart] and Jason Munoz [didnt see his name on projected depth chart] fare.

OK, the ACC can test more, but no one is allowed to play in a dome for fear of germs not being able to escape. Deal?

Yes. What does that mean for the rest of the conference? What if we do more testing and lose players against Clemson or UNC while they do little to no testing and have a full squad. Aside from the increased health risks, some teams will have an unfair competitive advantage.
My thoughts were toward prevention and detection, not the strategic use of testing.

I'd rather have safe players than the mess that Clemson had.

I don't think I missed anything. Teams in these states will never be satisfied outside if a bubble.
NO. You have missed the point entirely. Quite frankly your response is just ignorant. Ignoring thin increased health risk, not having a uniform policy can create a competitive advantage for some teams over others. With our great UM heathcare and support of the school president, I would expect Miami to be at a competitive disadvantage because I believe UM will test more than other schools, resulting in more players sitting out giving an advantage to our opponents because of no uniform testing policy.

Advertisement
My thoughts were toward prevention and detection, not the strategic use of testing.

I'd rather have safe players than the mess that Clemson had.
Your only looking at 1/2 of the equation. Our players are not safer if the other team isn't safe

Advertisement
Syracuse football players sat out Thursday and Friday refusing to pratice related to Covid-19. Evidently, players are not happy that the ACC does NOT have frquent testing in their Coronavirus Plan. Other conferences such as the Big10 and SEC do. Syracuse University is committed to testing players twice per week during the season. The players are satisfied with their school, but not the ACC as a whole.

I can't believe the ACC Conference heads have dropped the ball when it comes to testing. You must have a standard across the conference to proctect everyone and have fairness in competition. You could have a school like Syracuse testing twice a week while another school only tests once per week. Syracuse could wind up sitting players testing positive while the other school has players competing who are unknown positive creating a greater health risk and an unfair competitve advantage simply by not testing as frequently.

The ACC needs to have a uniform testing policy for the number days tested per week and on what days those tests should be performed.

Kudos to the Syracuse football players for making a stance for the betterment of the entire conference.
How do these conferences Not have a comprehensive testing plan/policy..they only had 5 months to hash it out

Advertisement
Back