Swagger a question for you....

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
I remember a little while back you posting about a bigtime Texas QB that was a 2013 kid (I think) and you said he was a big big Canes fan.

Who was he?

Advertisement
Kenny Hill, 6'2" 205lbs from Southlake Carroll (Chase Wasson, Chase Daniel, Greg McElroy, Riley Dodge, Kyle Padron, David Piland.... you get the picture). Out of those 6 D1 QBs (4 of whom were Texas offensive players of the year) he was the only one to start at SLC as a sophomore. Father was Ken Hill, MLB pitcher. Great frame, big strong kid with a strong arm, runs a very complex offense (he has the same OC that they had back in the Todd Dodge years, not the one they had vs Miami Northwestern), powerful runner who can run between the tackles and get 3-4 tough yards. They run a lot of zone read stuff and he is a threat to put up 100 yards rushing any given game. Threw for 300 yards and ran for 100 last night vs. Denton Guyer, one of the more talented defenses in the state. Very good accuracy & touch on short/mid range throws. Has played in front of 30k+ crowds multiple times already and won't find a prep QB in the nation who operates under more scrutiny from week to week. Needs work on the deep ball, really his only significant flaw. I'm not sure how he would classify his level of fandom, but he wears Canes swag all the time and it's over here in Texas, where Canes stuff isn't in every Foot Locker anymore like it was in the early 90s. Will probably be a top 4 QB in the state next year... maybe #2. If Olsen doesn't come he'd be a great option to take a hard look at.

Thanks Swagger! **** of a breakdown man, hopefully we can keep this Texas QB thing going with him.

FYI - buddy of mine spoke to him before he left the field following his team's playoff win in front of 30k+ last week at Cowboys Stadium. From his mouth - "Oh man, I love the U. Staying close would be nice, but if they offered I don't think I could turn it down."

Advertisement
sf - he's 2013, and I think we've been in touch but not sure how serious. Obviously sounds like we're gonna be big players for K Olsen, and if we can make a run at him I doubt we'd be interested in anyone else. I think he can play at the U for sure and is a mid 4 star type.

hit brennan carroll on twitter asap with this info....wouldnt hurt.

i know we likely lead for Olsen and fla has a few qbs...but id love a SLC qb

Advertisement
Don't wanna give out inaccurate info, re: any offers, I'll have him ask again this Saturday, tbh my mind was elsewhere at the time and I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention. I'm pretty sure that he said he had been hearing from Tech, TAMU, OU, Clemson, and West Virginia.... those are the ones I can remember.

If we can take two big time qbs next year, effin do it. No more important position on the roster, and no better way to send a competition message to the team. There isn't any scholarship situation so bad you should turn down a top qb when you don't have any on your roster already. [end rant]

This is an interesting scenario. From all indications Golden's target #'s are around 5 QB's on the roster. As of 2013 signing day you would have Morris (rising Sr), Williams (rising RS-Jr), Dewey (rising R-Fr or So), Crow (same), and even possibly Thompson (presumably would be a baseball scholarship until seeing the field, if he doesn't go pro in baseball). So likely that leaves only 1 spot for a 2013 QB.

No matter what the feelings are for Olsen we should be all over this kid anyway. Sounds like a **** of an athlete. I'll have to see if I can find some highlight film.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back