SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN is always gonna be a ****

Props for getting out in front of it.

My apologies, I got a little carried away. But anyone that follows Miami for years can agree that she has cast us in a negative light ****inuously. I do think she's improved this year.

@smillerdegnan why would the herald pick the only picture that makes Shalala & theU look bad in today's article?

Her response:

I must admit I cringed when I saw that.
12:28pm - 19 Feb 13

Thanks....kinda douchy calling her a **** in the first place

Advertisement
Shapiro just showed up there on his own and Shalala had no idea who he was at the time.

LOL!

wouldnt be surprised if that shady situation was co-orchestraded by Shapiro and Haith without Shalala's knowing

Actually he's close to correct. It's not that Shalala didn't know who he was, but at the time he was just a booster, not a known criminal. The reason Shalala looked so surprised is that it was an unplanned gift and she was caught off guard. She was at the event when Shapiro walked up and handed her the check. She was caught off guard and surprised. This was corroborated by the owner of the bowling alley, who was also friendly with Shapiro but defended Shalala when she got criticized for this picture. If anything it just shows typical Shapiro, an egomaniacal glory hound who desperately wanted to be noticed. He couldn't just donate normally, he had to interrupt a UM function to give them a check unannounced.

Advertisement
My apologies, I got a little carried away. But anyone that follows Miami for years can agree that she has cast us in a negative light ****inuously. I do think she's improved this year.

@smillerdegnan why would the herald pick the only picture that makes Shalala & theU look bad in today's article?

Her response:

I must admit I cringed when I saw that.
12:28pm - 19 Feb 13

+rep

But I see what u did dere!

The Herald is an atrocious paper. I'm astonished they had the gall to try and charge people to read their spanglish mommy blog grammatical errors online

Advertisement
There is no excuse for Degnan. Remember she covered for Robinson when Moss denied admitting anything. She let Robinson play an edited snippet of tape and reported on it. That led Robinson to go back and edit the Moss quote in his story without noting the edit. On the same day the Herald ran a fluff piece on how great Charles Robinson was. Even Manny Navarro eventually chimed in with an assault. The only guys that have been saying good things were Cote and Jackson.

There is no excuse for Degnan. Remember she covered for Robinson when Moss denied admitting anything. She let Robinson play an edited snippet of tape and reported on it. That led Robinson to go back and edit the Moss quote in his story without noting the edit. On the same day the Herald ran a fluff piece on how great Charles Robinson was. Even Manny Navarro eventually chimed in with an assault. The only guys that have been saying good things were Cote and Jackson.

No one is making an excuse for her. You just can't get mad at her for the photo her editor used... which she said "made her cringe."

manny is just a hater an likely a seminole....dont take him serious as he lurked extra hard on grassy and others for his work...dude had no insight whatsoever...and he got PAID to have insight.

manny is just a hater an likely a seminole....dont take him serious as he lurked extra hard on grassy and others for his work...dude had no insight whatsoever...and he got PAID to have insight.

I think he went to FIU or FAU...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back