SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN is always gonna be a ****

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
she writes an article on Shalala blasting the NCAA but chooses to put a photo up of her recieving a check from the dbag. Of all the photos she could choose, she selects the only one that makes the U look bad. I hope Manny eats her...literaly

UM’s Donna Shalala blasts NCAA after review finds staffers acted inappropriately
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN The Miami Herald

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/19/3241012/external-review-some-ncaa-staffers.html#storylink=cpy

Moderator Edit: I edited your thread title - please dont misspell foul language. Posters have the choice of using the curse-filter. Thanks.

231.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
FYI the editors, not writers, choose the photos and write the headlines. But don't let that stop you.

I'm not exactly a big SMD fan, but you're wrong, period, and that was way overboard.

You should direct your venom at the Herald overall:).

That pictures makes me wanna puke.

Obviously Shalala had a hunch that Shapiro was a fraud - look at her overanalyzing the **** out of that check.

I don't understand all of the anger at the Herald. This isn't a UM newspaper; it's Miami's newspaper. Their goal is to sell papers and increase their page views, not to cowtow to the local college program or professional teams. If there is a juicy story about the NCAA investigation, a recruiting dispute with a local coach, etc., they're not going to flinch to run it and feature it. That's what newspapers do. Wasn't it the local papers that broke the SMU stories that led to their dealth penalty? If this was Gainesville or some other hole in the wall, yea, maybe the paper wouldn't want to ruffle feathers with the local college football program, which in some small towns may hold tons of sway. But in a major city like Miami, no chance.

I don't understand all of the anger at the Herald. This isn't a UM newspaper; it's Miami's newspaper. Their goal is to sell papers and increase their page views, not to cowtow to the local college program or professional teams. If there is a juicy story about the NCAA investigation, a recruiting dispute with a local coach, etc., they're not going to flinch to run it and feature it. That's what newspapers do. Wasn't it the local papers that broke the SMU stories that led to their dealth penalty? If this was Gainesville or some other hole in the wall, yea, maybe the paper wouldn't want to ruffle feathers with the local college football program, which in some small towns may hold tons of sway. But in a major city like Miami, no chance.

This is the local paper, they should report from an unbiased point of view at the very least....but they don't call it both ways, they hardly cover our #2 ranked basketball game. Manny Fat and Susan **** don't write fair pieces either. They over sensationalize and hardly report the truth. That whole BS with Ice during recruiting.

Case in point, look at the stupid picture above. Is that the only picture of the President? It must be. That picture doesn't even tell the whole story, it just is a joke like the paper.

Side note: The Miami Herald is a **** paper.

Advertisement
Map, I agree with you in principle. It's just when you pick up the Tuscaloosa Times or the Gainesville Gobbler or the South Bend ****tard-Picayune or what-not, you can't help but feel frustrated...

Not true! You don't think, for a minute, that a paper like the Washington Post would write a demeaning story about a sitting American president like R. Nixon, do you?

Oh. You mean they did. NM

FYI the editors, not writers, choose the photos and write the headlines. But don't let that stop you.

I'm not exactly a big SMD fan, but you're wrong, period, and that was way overboard.

FYI the head editor is a gatah

Advertisement
she writes an article on Shalala blasting the NCAA but chooses to put a photo up of her recieving a check from the dbag. Of all the photos she could choose, she selects the only one that makes the U look bad. I hope Manny eats her...literaly

UM’s Donna Shalala blasts NCAA after review finds staffers acted inappropriately
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN The Miami Herald

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/02/19/3241012/external-review-some-ncaa-staffers.html#storylink=cpy

231.jpg

Fixed...

232.jpg

Shapiro just showed up there on his own and Shalala had no idea who he was at the time.

Advertisement

That speaks to their inefficiency. They could do so by just hiring or training better writers. Because they don't or can't, they fall back on slants and wild perspectives better left to message board discussions.

Seriously - why isn't there more coverage of the basketball team?

They HAVE been on the front page of the Sports section quite a bit in the last month... second only to the Heat, I'd say.

They use an AP picture and write a story. Isn't it a little shameful that the Herald didn't send anyone to cover the team at Clemson or FSU the past week? The Sentinel did.

Advertisement

this.

My apologies, I got a little carried away. But anyone that follows Miami for years can agree that she has cast us in a negative light ****inuously. I do think she's improved this year.

@smillerdegnan why would the herald pick the only picture that makes Shalala & theU look bad in today's article?

Her response:

I must admit I cringed when I saw that.
12:28pm - 19 Feb 13

Props for getting out in front of it.

My apologies, I got a little carried away. But anyone that follows Miami for years can agree that she has cast us in a negative light ****inuously. I do think she's improved this year.

@smillerdegnan why would the herald pick the only picture that makes Shalala & theU look bad in today's article?

Her response:

I must admit I cringed when I saw that.
12:28pm - 19 Feb 13

Advertisement
Back