Surprised No post for BTW vs. Central

skyman

Senior
Booker T. got up early and Central had no choice but to go wildcat all second half, Yearby played QB but Dalvin made plays all over the field and looked like the fastest player.

Central came back and won, 37-26.

I guess canes game got everyone down, we still got talent in dade, but unfortunately Yearby might go FSU and Cook looks like clemson...

Advertisement
I don't really care about Yearby, but I hope we go all in on Cook.

Cook look like the best player on field, and thats saying something cuz Thomas was on that same field...

YIKES!!!

Advertisement
BTW will get on track this week. They're finna beat up on this TX school they're playing. :(

Advertisement
Was at the game, but I didn't get there until the the second qtr.

Tidbits from the game (2nd qtr-end of game):

On defense: Both defenses ran man coverage for most of the night. I saw zone MAYBE a few times. Central ran a lot of cover 1 and 0 blitzes.

On offense: Booker T ran a lot of empty sets (3x2, 4x1), trips, and quads. Central had Yearby at QB, and stayed mostly in quads.

Matthew Thomas is the real deal. He takes proper angles, good tackling form, gets down hill on running plays (we need to recruit MOAR of these guys), and he can cover. He can line up as a DE, but he's an elite LB. For all of his athletic ability, he plays with a high level of intensity.

For now, Treon Harris is a Ath, and not a qb. Booker T lined up 4 receivers on the boundary, and 1 on the wide side. The WR on the wide side was continuously open on slants, and he would never look his way. Last night, he would look at his primary target, and if he's not open, then he would leave the pocket. Not uncommon of a hs qb with his athletic ability, but I never saw him look off his primary and throw to his next read.

Yearby has really good vision, and has great foot work. He's a very good inside runner. Cook's faster, and also has good vision. They both played defense, and cook also has the raw potential to be a really good safety. Cook's long td run was ridiculous, but lol at the BTW defense. It was a great run, but BTW defense did a terrible job containing the backside.

Devontae Phillips, WR from Central (c/o 2015), was very impressive. Has great size, good hands, high points the ball, and knows how to use body against a DB. He scored a td by catching a ball in front of the face of a DB, while standing behind him lulz. Clemson has already offered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
BTW will get on track this week. They're finna beat up on this TX school they're playing. :(
You aren't kidding! This game is going to be as one-sided as a Kim Kardashian marriage.

I can't remember - do you pull for CHHS (Heritage, not Chill) or Coppell?

Euless Trinity, this years team has the worst offense I've ever seen from a Euless Trinity team (Our mammoth Tongan offensive line isn't dominant like in years past)...It`s going to be a LONG year for me :-(

I think it's fascinating how personally you Texans take HS football.

You aren't kidding! This game is going to be as one-sided as a Kim Kardashian marriage.

I can't remember - do you pull for CHHS (Heritage, not Chill) or Coppell?

Euless Trinity, this years team has the worst offense I've ever seen from a Euless Trinity team (Our mammoth Tongan offensive line isn't dominant like in years past)...It`s going to be a LONG year for me :-(

Those poor big kids on the OL looked disgusted when the kids from Union just kept diving at their shins last Saturday... they wanted to hit someone. Have a feeling they're going to have to get better at that this year for Trinity to make a run, there isn't a playmaker on that offense like usual. Can't wait for the DeSoto game this weekend, I'll be there.

Advertisement
Matthew Thomas is the real deal. He takes proper angles, good tackling form, gets down hill on running plays (we need to recruit MOAR of these guys), and he can cover. He can line up as a DE, but he's an elite LB. For all of his athletic ability, he plays with a high level of intensity.

For now, Treon Harris is a Ath, and not a qb. Booker T lined up 4 receivers on the boundary, and 1 on the wide side. The WR on the wide side was continuously open on slants, and he would never look his way. Last night, he would look at his primary target, and if he's not open, then he would leave the pocket. Not uncommon of a hs qb with his athletic ability, but I never saw him look off his primary and throw to his next read.

Yearby has really good vision, and has great foot work. He's a very good inside runner. Cook's faster, and also has good vision. They both played defense, and cook also has the raw potential to be a really good safety. Cook's long td run was ridiculous, but lol at the BTW defense. It was a great run, but BTW defense did a terrible job containing the backside.

Devontae Phillips, WR from Central (c/o 2015), was very impressive. Has great size, good hands, high points the ball, and knows how to use body against a DB. He scored a td by catching a ball in front of the face of a DB, while standing behind him lulz. Clemson has already offered.[/QUOTE]

want the Phillips kid...he looks like a grown man already....

Cook imo has surpassed Yearby...Cook looks more filled out than Yearby right now...Yearby is a player though...but Miami needs to be in on Cook (he can definately play)

Advertisement
Back