**Surge19' Must Gets**

337CaneNation

Sophomore
When we all look at the current roster and players that will be leaving after the 2017 season, who do you all look at as must get prospects for 2019??

I really believe the Storm18' class is the class that will go down as the class that brings Miami back to power, BUT I'm look toward the future and thinking ahead.. I just looked at the top prospects thus far for the 2019 class and I think that Miami will be well set at WR and DB, but besides those two positions, what areas do you guys see as a big area of need for the 2019 class??

Advertisement
After the 2017 season, Miami could possibly looking to reload on the defensive front!! And maybe LB.. Going into the 2018, I really believe that's the season fans will then believe the offense will be the strong point of the team, BUT we will still have a very solid defense..

Offense and defense line cause you always need those guys. LB for sure and give me Dent & Davis at CB

Offense and defense line cause you always need those guys. LB for sure and give me Dent & Davis at CB

Looking at the way the staff has recruited in 2017 and following suit in 2018, our OL group will be deep for the next few years to come.. BUT I do think the Surge19' class could be the one our staff load back up with DLs.. This Surge19' class, will be that class where the staff will be very picky on who they pursue!!

I'm guessing its going to be a small class, with a very high blue chip ratio

Advertisement
Dent because he's the best prospect in So Fl
Dontae Lucas
Another top flight DE to pair with Hunter (Brooks?)
Multiple DTs - I haven't seen any names yet
One of Noah Cain or Nay'quan Wright. Preferably both since we are likely going to lose Lo or Cam (or both?) to the draft early after 2020
Norris at WR
A QB

Advertisement
Dent because he's the best prospect in So Fl
Dontae Lucas
Another top flight DE to pair with Hunter (Brooks?)
Multiple DTs - I haven't seen any names yet
One of Noah Cain or Nay'quan Wright. Preferably both since we are likely going to lose Lo or Cam (or both?) to the draft early after 2020
Norris at WR
A QB

Just a hunch, but I think Lo stays all 4 years since he is trying to make it to the Olympics. Far easier to prepare for them if he is in college vs NFL.

I wouldn't say all these guys are "must gets", but these are just some prospects that could be on the radar:

QB - Taisun Phommachanh, Maurice Underwood, Gio Richardson

RB - Nayquan Wright, Noah Cain, Devyn Ford, Daniel Carter, Keyshawn King, Marcus Barthell

WR - Brieon Fuller, Frank Ladson, Kalani Norris, Jon Dunmore, Mark Anthony Richards

TE - Keon Zipperer

OL - Dontae Lucas, Quinn Carroll, Michael Tarquin, Renato Brown, Mark Fox, Joshua Johnson, Wardrick Wilson

DL - Derick Hunter Jr, Khris Bogle, Kayvon Thinodeaux, Calijah Kancey, Kahlill Bryan, Demarvin Leal, Javon Denis

LB - Samuel Brooks, Diamante Howard, Jeramy Passmore, Dorian Jones, Anthony Solomon, Mikel Jones, James Gordon IV, Darius Williams, Jahmar Brown, Joe Smith, Shammond Cooper

CB - Akeem Dent, Jaden Davis, Tiawan Mullen, Te'cory Couch, James Williams, Kaiir Elam, Christopher Alexandre

S - Josh Sanguinetti, Brendan Gant,

ATH - Kenny McIntosh, Jaquez Stuart, Trey Sanders

There's a bunch others I'm leaving out at every position, but we still got a long time to get more familiar with a ton more prospects.

Looks like a good year to reload at LB, sorta like we're doing at DB this year.

Advertisement
I wouldn't say all these guys are "must gets", but these are just some prospects that could be on the radar:

RB - Nayquan Wright, Noah Cain, Devyn Ford, Daniel Carter, Keyshawn King, Marcus Barthell

WR - Brieon Fuller, Frank Ladson, Kalani Norris, Jon Dunmore, Mark Anthony Richards

TE - Keon Zipperer

OL - Dontae Lucas, Quinn Carroll, Michael Tarquin, Renato Brown, Mark Fox, Joshua Johnson, Wardrick Wilson

DL - Derick Hunter Jr, Khris Bogle, Kayvon Thinodeaux, Calijah Kancey, Kahlill Bryan, Demarvin Leal, Javon Denis

LB - Samuel Brooks, Diamante Howard, Jeramy Passmore, Dorian Jones, Anthony Solomon, Mikel Jones, James Gordon IV, Darius Williams, Jahmar Brown, Joe Smith, Shammond Cooper

CB - Akeem Dent, Jaden Davis, Tiawan Mullen, Te'cory Couch, James Williams, Kaiir Elam, Christopher Alexandre

There's a bunch others I'm leaving out at every position, but we still got a long time to get more familiar with a ton more prospects.

Isn't Passmore more of a DE/DT?

TE - Keon Zipperer

It will definitely be a small class. Obviously it depends how large the 2018 class is (26 or 27), and how much more attrition we have (maybe like 6 non JR/SRs - Shireffs, Milo, Mahoney, Fines, Knowles, Finley). But with a definite 40 scholarships between the 2018 and 2019 class and like a max of 6 more coming through attrition, theres almost no chance we sign over 20 in 2019.

A super early prediction would be something like:
QB - 1: ??? Going after JT Daniels would be cool.
RB - 2: Nayquan Wright, Noah Cain
WR - 2: Breion Fuller, Mark Anthony Richards
TE - 1: Blake Hinson
OL - 3: Dontae Lucas, Evan Neal, Danielson Ike
DL - 4: Jeremy Passamore, Derrick Hunter, a couple National guys.
LB - 3-4: Samuel Brooks, Diamante Howard, Daniel Carter, Mikel Jones/Anthony Solomon/Jesiah Pierre ...theres a lot of good LBs
DB - 3: Akeem Dent, Josh Sanguinetti, Kenny McIntosh

Advertisement

TE - Keon Zipperer

Isn't Passmore more of a DE/DT?
He is, but I listed him at LB, because he basically plays Rush-end LB as of now.

But he projects as a possible DL at the next level, except his size could keep him in that LB/DE role.

Noted, thank you!

TE - Keon Zipperer

Looks like a good year to reload at LB, sorta like we're doing at DB this year.
The 2019 LB group is arguably the deepest position in that recruiting class, absolutely stacked.

Couldn't come at a better time too. Gonna need to reload another Bermuda Triangle.

Any one have insight on Mark-Anthony Richards? I think he is playing RB now, does he project as a WR like big bro on the next level?

How does he compare to Big Bro?

I'm already on to my targets for Splash'24 ... We've got some good 11 year olds we need to lock down now if we are serious about this ****

Advertisement
Back