Sunny odogwu fsu game

brock

All-American
Now we know how much of a beast Demarcus walker was last year but after watching this Miami vs fsu game last year what sunny odogwu did vs him was very impressive. Sunny when healthy is as good if not better than any of the lineman we have when healthy. He shut walker down pretty much

Advertisement
Agreed. I been telling everyone dude was pretty good last year before the injury. The right side was pretty good for us.

Now we know how much of a beast Demarcus walker was last year but after watching this Miami vs fsu game last year what sunny odogwu did vs him was very impressive. Sunny when healthy is as good if not better than any of the lineman we have when healthy. He shut walker down pretty much

except for the blocked PT...they also loaded that side with like 6 guys vs our 3. Can't believe we did not see that

Don't see Sunny getting significant burn this year.

McD and St. Louis are going to be the tackles.

I haven't payed much attention but he's a gustd right.

If so our oline will be be very good:

Lt kc
Lg sonny
C gall
Rg Donaldson
Rt tyree

That's a very good line

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd rather see Sunny at RT with STL at LT than the current lineup.

Our biggest issue on the OL imo is not a lack of talent, but rather a lack of development-which has also led to injuries. Every single guy on the roster that is good to be a legit ACC level starter had to play before being ready physically and fundamentally. Kc and Linder in particular really needed a redshirt year to shed bad weight and improve strength. To no surprise both have struggled to be consistent and stay healthy. Linder in particular has really dropped off due to injruies. Darling was solid as a freshman but has been played out of position since and struggled, and seemingly hasn't regained his confidence. To his credit he has reshaped his body, but has not been the same player we expected him to be. TSL has been pretty solid but no doubt would be a different player after a RS-barely played as a true freshman, wasted year imo. Same thing goes for Gauthier. Gall was terrible here but really should've been redshirted as well.

Not a lot of blame to place with coaches bc we didn't have any other options, but the guys under Golden did not have good body composition or strength. In a couple years the OL will be deep and guys will get that extra year of development with redshirts, with the exception of guys like Navaughn that can start immediately-which is very rare for OL.

Walker will disappear from the league in a few years.

Strongly disagree. He was their best defensive player not named Derwin James imo. Gotta give credit where it's due, even tho it hurts to say about Noles. Great character guy as well, wouldn't say a word about him otherwise, I hope he has a great career. Won't see any blind hating from me.

Think Sunny is a solid backup but I like McDermott and St. Louis over him at our tackle spots.

We are going to need him as a depth guy for sure this season i think mcdermot is going to start but hopefully sunny can contribute and help us win games however i still believe that O line improvement is the most important thing going into this season and am not sold on ANY of our current guys based off last seasons performance.

Advertisement
I agree he did well; the key of course is how severe that knee injury was. If his cartilage was damaged he's in trouble.

except for the blocked PT...they also loaded that side with like 6 guys vs our 3. Can't believe we did not see that

Except that blocked PT happened after Sunny went down. The issue was that we moved St Louis to LT from TE and with Dobard at TE. We lost close to 100lbs. Dobard fell down and pulled St Louis down with him.

Walker will disappear from the league in a few years.

Strongly disagree. He was their best defensive player not named Derwin James imo. Gotta give credit where it's due, even tho it hurts to say about Noles. Great character guy as well, wouldn't say a word about him otherwise, I hope he has a great career. Won't see any blind hating from me.

It's not blind if you see him wearing a FSU jersey...

Advertisement
I haven't payed much attention but he's a gustd right.

If so our oline will be be very good:

Lt kc
Lg sonny
C gall
Rg Donaldson
Rt tyree

That's a very good line

Gall was a senior.

McDermott, St Louis
Darling
Gaithier, Linder
Donaldson
St. Louis, sunny

not sure who rotates to Lg or RG if D&D go out. Doubt the coaches would want to change LT or C so my guess would be sunny moves inside.

In 2015 walker killed their *** so they had to do something. Think he had about 3 sacks that game.

I agree he played pretty well when he was in there. He was one of our better lineman in limited action last year. Any updates on his recovery the last few weeks? I know they were talking about getting him some spring reps at some point but I don't recall whether that happened or not.

Advertisement
Back