Sunday Recruiting Buzz from Herald

AFCane11

Junior
CHATTER

### Besides Wisconsin starter David Gilbert, we hear UM is poised to add two other defensive linemen from FBS schools, pending academic clearance: Ernest Settles (who had 12.5 sacks last season for a Tampa high school but was thrown off the Nebraska team in June, before enrolling, for allegedly hitting a teammate in the head with a bottle at a party) and Virginia tackle Justin Renfro, a solid run
stopper who would be eligible to play for UM this season. Renfro was a backup at UVA and has only 18 career tackles but played well when needed.

Both Settles and Renfro were three-star recruits out of high school. Gilbert, the best player of the three, needs to graduate from Wisconsin before he can enroll. That's expected to happen in August.

### UM picked up its 25 oral commitment for 2014 late Saturday night when Deerfield Beach running back Brandon Powell committed. Rated ESPN's 276th best player in the 2014 class, Powell recently de-committed from Tennessee and had numerous offers, including LSU, North Carolina and Wisconsin.

### UM offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson has finally matured. "He's slimmer and stronger and in great condition," Al Golden said. "He's healthy for the first time. He killed the conditioning test. He never did that. He had no off-field distractions all summer. T he guys he's around are holding him to a different standard now. He has risen to the occasion. If he can develop good habits and consistency, look out."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ay-notes-heat-marlins-buzz.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
First I've heard of adding a tackle, Justin Renfro. Interdasting if true, if he is an upperclassmen from UVA I don't see why he wouldn't be servicable for a year in a backup role.

Good stuff

I heard Al say "We are like the Miami Dolphins Checking the Waiver Wires to see whos available"

Man we are going to be in the game this year

Settles looks like a gamer that in this program could be come a special pass rusher...

Here we are it's 8/3 and we have 25 verbal's. Golden better watch out, he's going to make the NCAA very jealous!

Advertisement
Renfro info is legit.

EDIT: This is DMoney

Last edited by a moderator:
Renfrow (that's apparently how you spell it) is a big boy at 6-6 310 pounds. Was a 260lb DE coming out of HS. Looked for film on the kid but couldn't find any right off the bat, but here's his profile and an article from SBNation

Profile:
http://www.virginiasports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/justin_renfrow_799840.html

Edit: Rick posted the article 1st so here's another one from SBNation talking about how Renfrow is no longer on UVA's updated 2013 roster:
http://www.streakingthelawn.com/foo...otball-2013-roster-justin-renfrow-mike-london

Last edited:
Advertisement
The more d line help the better. My dream is for the staff to be able to redshirt Earl Moore. I love how hard this staff is working to build this roster.

People forget that Seantrel's potential is top 5 1st round draft pick. Was jake long better than Seantrel as a prospect.
We've all just been waiting for him to put it together. None of that "he's a right tackle" crap.
He's a tackle who prefers the right side. Doesn't mean he can't play left tackle.

Something doesn't add up to me about a 6'5 310 athletic DT who hasn't contributed in 4 years, but we need all the help we can get. Might be he has a bone to pick with UVA and will be very useful in that game.

Advertisement
He will be a senior, so if it works out great & if I doesn't we can just loose him in the depth chart. We only have 77 on scholarship according to insidetheu, so a one year rental won't hurt.

Seems to me that the way the staff is adding all these bodies/players for depth or what not this year, that they're plannin' to try to win major this year.

Advertisement
Something doesn't add up to me about a 6'5 310 athletic DT who hasn't contributed in 4 years, but we need all the help we can get. Might be he has a bone to pick with UVA and will be very useful in that game.

6'5 310 athletic DT doesn't equal talent... There's nothing wrong with a guy who didn't pan out, he'll be a big body to eat space, likely a good rotational guy.

### UM picked up its 25 oral commitment for 2014 late Saturday night when Deerfield Beach running back Brandon Powell committed.

huh?

Advertisement
Back