Sun Life

After going to some Georgia Southern games, where the student section is directly behind the opposition's bench, I like the idea. They get really rowdy and enjoy f'ing with the other teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As one of the oldest undergrads at UM right now (39 yrs old) and a lifelong Cane, I am very happy to see the student section come around the corner. Even though it is on the visitor's side, it gives a longer stretch for the obscenity laden walk the opposing team must now endure on their way to the locker room. The best part is that it's free!!!!

The good thing is that those who want to stay in the end zone can, and those who don't can go around the corner. Win-win.

if the students actually showed id give them midfield visitor sideline. Will make it look a lot better for TV. The few thousand displaced season ticket holders can move to the home sideline and/or club-level. Also, it's time to lower the prices of club-level. We need to start getting butts in the seats. Once we start getting good crowds and a good product, you can start increasing prices again.

I agree here. Pack the sidelines put the students behind the visitors bench and allow them to be rowdy since the place will be completely covered once the stadium deal is done, the only other thing I hope they do is move the seats closer to the field. I hate the swamp and everything about UFag but they got it right with how close the seats are to the field. If you sit front row you can almost grab a drink off the bench.

Last edited:
Advertisement
if the students actually showed id give them midfield visitor sideline. Will make it look a lot better for TV. The few thousand displaced season ticket holders can move to the home sideline and/or club-level. Also, it's time to lower the prices of club-level. We need to start getting butts in the seats. Once we start getting good crowds and a good product, you can start increasing prices again.

I agree here. Pack the sidelines put the students behind the visitors bench and allow them to be rowdy since the place will be completely covered once the stadium deal is done, the only other thing I hope they do is move the seats closer to the field. I hate the swamp and everything about UFag but they got it right with how close the seats are to the field. If you sit front row you can almost grab a drink off the bench.

doesnt the new renovations have the seats closer to the field? and also the students do show up to the games. if ur looking for the group that doesnt show its everyone else. the move of the student section is kinda like what we had in the oB.

been sitting in 131 section...its a corner we stand the whole time its great..team runs over to our area after the tunnel....

doesnt the new renovations have the seats closer to the field? and also the students do show up to the games. if ur looking for the group that doesnt show its everyone else. the move of the student section is kinda like what we had in the oB.
Pretty sure the student section was behind the Canes bench near the open east endzone brotha! Just sayin.

Pretty sure the student section was behind the Canes bench near the open east endzone brotha! Just sayin.

In the OB that's where it was next to the band. I'm in no way complaining about the students showing up, I know they will be there. I was saying do like that team in crapsville and put them behind visit bench.

Advertisement

100% correct.

Kinda like having studentss in the endzone when the other team is driving, now it will be a ghost town, like the east endzone

We need that roof or only night games. After the NC State game I shed an entire layer of skin like a ****ing snake.

That game was ****ing brutal. I spent all of halftime and about half of the 3rd quarter on one of the ramps thinking I was about to die.

lol. I remember going to the concession stand between the 3rd and 4th qrts aof that game and when I got to the concourse there were dozens of people sitting there under the unbrellas and tarps the stadium had set up so the fans could escape the sun and heat. The looks on everybody's face was of sheer exhaustion and defeat Not gonna lie, I thought long and hard about keeping my *** on that concourse and in the shade for the rest of the game but did manage to drag myself back out into that oven for the rest of the game and that exciting finish.

Advertisement
We need that roof or only night games. After the NC State game I shed an entire layer of skin like a ****ing snake.

That game was ****ing brutal. I spent all of halftime and about half of the 3rd quarter on one of the ramps thinking I was about to die.

lol. I remember going to the concession stand between the 3rd and 4th qrts aof that game and when I got to the concourse there were dozens of people sitting there under the unbrellas and tarps the stadium had set up so the fans could escape the sun and heat. The looks on everybody's face was of sheer exhaustion and defeat Not gonna lie, I thought long and hard about keeping my *** on that concourse and in the shade for the rest of the game but did manage to drag myself back out into that oven for the rest of the game and that exciting finish.
I spent 40 bucks on water in that game.Almost passed out.Keep my hat soaked with water.Was awesome.

100% correct.

ya my b. i was trying to say we werent in the endzone bc that was the open end but obviously didnt come off that way. i got to experience the OB (growing up and as a student) and SLS (as a student and now afterwards) and being sortve in the corners going spilling over to the sidelines is much better than having the noisiest part just in the endzones

Advertisement
Back