Sun Life Stadium Name Change?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Advertisement
It appears as though the naming rights agreement with Sun Life Financial expired in January thus ending a glorious run (http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/1/13/7537499/sun-life-stadium-name-change-coming-soon). I haven't heard of any possible replacements but wouldn't be surprised if Donna suggested Axcess Sports Stadium as a potential new moniker at some point. Any suggestions for a new name/corporate sponsor?

Maybe if they'd named the stadium churros it'd sell out for once.

Can't their management sell naming rights for a 50 year period, so the road signs don't have to constantly change? Don't they realize that the constant name change trivializes the place?

If you're going to do that, then change the name every event. For instance, our first home game could be played on SCHMO FIELD, at SLURPER STADIUM, brought to you by the BOARD OF HOT GARBAGE.

Sounds about right. IMHO

Advertisement
To me it will always be Joe Robbie Stadium. Without his commitment to the Miami Dolphins, none of this would be possible as the City of Miami and Dade County have always screwed the organization, back then and today.

Some of young pups just don't know the history. Back in the early 80's Robbie wanted the city to modernize the OB but of course they wouldn't. Robbie then proposed a plan to build with both private and public dollars and again the City and County said FU to Robbie. Last ditch effort was threatening to move the team but the NFL would not allow it. Ultimately Robbie built the stadium with his own money.

You see the issue with stadiums goes far back before the Canes. Some of the BOT members back then did not stand with Robbie so when it came time for UM to ask the City for improvements, well let's just say there were many laughs.

UM has always been a train wreck. So for those of you *****ing like girls about the stadium in which UM plays in, know that the football program you have come to admire over the years has always been asleep at the wheel. Instead of griping all the time, be thankful that Joe Robbie built a stadium, Wayne Huzienga continued and remodeled it, and now Mr. Ross is transforming it into a modern stadium. Think where UM would be playing it's games if it weren't for these three men...

Go Canes! Go Dolphins!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Good chance Runus Outourown will pick up the rights. It's been brewing for years.

As in "Thanks for coming and, as always, we welcome you to Runus Outourown Stadium!"

No insider info, though, just my gut.

It appears as though the naming rights agreement with Sun Life Financial expired in January thus ending a glorious run (http://www.thephinsider.com/2015/1/13/7537499/sun-life-stadium-name-change-coming-soon). I haven't heard of any possible replacements but wouldn't be surprised if Donna suggested Axcess Sports Stadium as a potential new moniker at some point. Any suggestions for a new name/corporate sponsor?

Maybe if they'd named the stadium churros it'd sell out for once.

Racist. SMH

Why won't anyone commit to a longer period, I was just starting to finally refer to it as "sun life"

Advertisement
Back