Summer A enrollees

Advertisement
He will never start here.

You’re better than that. ... guys that we thought would never be any good: Armbrister, Gauthier, Shane McDermott, Sheldrick Redwine, Olson Pierre, Odenigbo, Gunter, many thought Berrios wouldn’t contribute... Romeo Davis (okay, just kidding on this one). Point is, let’s see how coaches develop him first. The Cleveland Browns have a pretty good QB who was a walk-on at one point.

You’re better than that. ... guys that we thought would never be any good: Armbrister, Gauthier, Shane McDermott, Sheldrick Redwine, Olson Pierre, Ofenogbo, Gunter, many thought Berrios wouldn’t contribute... Romeo Davis (okay, just kidding I’m this one). Point is, let’s see how coaches develop him first. The Cleveland Browns have a pretty good QB who was a walk-on at one point.
QB is different. There is only one of those who starts.

Whoever wins the job this year will be starting for two years at least. Do u think Matocha starts over TVD? Or maybe a guy like Garcia in 2021? I don't see it happening. I see Matocha staying until he graduates (maybe before) and then transferring to a Go5 school.

Couch is here.

Advertisement
Couch is by far my favorite underdog of the class. I think some people are sleeping on him. I know everyone wants to RS him because of his weight. But I just don't see it happening. Now that he has a real S&C and nutrition program, he'll get where he needs to be in the next 3 months. And he will be too good a cover corner to keep off the field.

this fan base is crazy man. Doubting Couch but over the years i have seen the same people build up kids that were straight bums. his only issue is weight. hes playing this year. rumph and the staff has confidence in him.

QB is different. There is only one of those who starts.

Whoever wins the job this year will be starting for two years at least. Do u think Matocha starts over TVD? Or maybe a guy like Garcia in 2021? I don't see it happening. I see Matocha staying until he graduates (maybe before) and then transferring to a Go5 school.
There’s no possible way to tell. I don’t get why u seem so confident. All positions are hard to project. He could end up a stud 3 years from now and you’ll look real stupid. Don’t get these type of comments.

this fan base is crazy man. Doubting Couch but over the years i have seen the same people build up kids that were straight bums. his only issue is weight. hes playing this year. rumph and the staff has confidence in him.
I rather have a kid who’s issue is weight than skill. Weight is something an 18 year old can eassily fix. This kid has the skill to play here.

Advertisement
That's the biggest reason they eat

Agreed. Getting kids in January so they can start the nutrition and training side of things is huge. Obviously playbook is important also, but you can’t oversell how important the nutrition is for these kids. That’s why you see a lot of them gain 10-20 within the first few months they are on campus. 99% of them don’t have access to that type of nutrition and training previous to stepping on campus.

Advertisement
Curious how Couch can enroll but not Keontra Smith and Cam Williams. They go to the same school. I wonder if the other two have credits or something to finish....

Advertisement
He was listed as that but lost weight when he “retired” last season, he said that in his interview a couple months back. He will be more than fine, this year is all about getting in a proper weight training program and strengthening his wrist

Agree. Putting on the weight should be the least of our worries. This kid is a freak physically. Guys like him lift weights all summer, eat chicken breast and broccoli 3 times a day and by Sept when he posts his pics with him looking like a cyborg and was made in a lab by freak scientists the fanbase will start wondering why he cant play this year. lol. The ole' "Look at Phillips! Hes ready now! Hes not staying past next season anyway so why are we wasting a RS year!" posts will start to show up instantly.

Its the mental part I am worried about. How long will it take him to mentally get ready for next season. We will need him asap because we are losing 3 DEs (Hill, Patchan, Garvin) and will only have 2 returning with any real game experience. (Rousseau and Harvey). Maybe we get lucky and Garvin stays but doubt it.

Advertisement
Back