Suckeyestreit

****, someone resurrects a 1 year old thread to try to make a point about a TV sports analyst
I wish I had that amount of disposable time on my hands.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Herbstreit denied OP a date. Now he's out for vengeance. This whole thread is incredibly creepy.

Wow, did you ask your mom upstairs for that comeback? I guess you want to emphasize how much you slobber on ole Kirky, huh?

Oh look:

Herbstreit on the 2018 Canes (hint: it's all about Rosier)

Da Gawd speaks...I don't need to get beyond the Herald's pay wall to know it will is mostly "hedge my bets fluff, but pointing out a critical weakness to seed doubt after they win and depress Miami's poll numbers as long as I can."

Dude plays you like a violin.

****, someone resurrects a 1 year old thread to try to make a point about a TV sports analyst
I wish I had that amount of disposable time on my hands.

No, some of us are thinkers that can deduce action based on motive and explain it pretty quickly...Others have to spend as much time as you did trying to remember that tired comeback.

Advertisement
No, some of us are thinkers that can deduce action based on motive and explain it pretty quickly...Others have to spend as much time as you did trying to remember that tired comeback.
I think you misunderstand why a lot of cane fans give him a pass. Yes he is a suckeye, and Yes he is gonna try and rep them on the sly, but as far as being the worst of the cane hater journalists out there, he doesn’t even come close.

He was ridiculous on the CFB show a day or 2 ago, pulling excuse after excuse out of his *** with hypotheticals like "What if he gave all his money to the #MeToo movement?" (he actually said that) to try to sway public opinion in favor of Urbie, & in the cloud of bs, essentially concluded that in a few months or years no one will think about this after he's won so many more games & his legacy would be preserved.

There's no doubt that ESPN has an agenda. Herbie is no different. He gave us our due when we were loaded with future Hall of Famers like any respectable CFB analyst should have. Nothing more. Bottom line, he's a Buckeye & SEC-slurping ESPN's lead analyst. What the U is building is definitely not in his best interest.

Wow, did you ask your mom upstairs for that comeback? I guess you want to emphasize how much you slobber on ole Kirky, huh?

Oh look:

Herbstreit on the 2018 Canes (hint: it's all about Rosier)

Da Gawd speaks...I don't need to get beyond the Herald's pay wall to know it will is mostly "hedge my bets fluff, but pointing out a critical weakness to seed doubt after they win and depress Miami's poll numbers as long as I can."

Dude plays you like a violin.

I think we know who’s getting played like a violin, dude has his fingers so far up your butt that you look like a human bowling ball.

You really need to get over this , you’re giving him way too much time and energy.

Advertisement
First of all you men wearing ladies garments need to put it in perspective.it's one think to be a fan then to be an analyst.herbie gave his assessment of what he thought.instead of griping like you got a woman's part.go out there prove them wrong.until the canes that next step of beating good teams like Clemson,Bama the perception around the country won't change about our canes.that's what 15 yrs of mediocrity will get you.

I think we know who’s getting played like a violin, dude has his fingers so far up your butt that you look like a human bowling ball.

You really need to get over this , you’re giving him way too much time and energy.

Funny, you are sure working hard to stop a fellow 'Cane fan from criticizing your beloved Herbie and Suckeyes. Of course, it makes sense if you are not really a Cane Fan...What time are you and Terry having a drink at the Akron Bar he is a partner in?

Anyone who has been an objective educated Canes fan knows Herbstreit has been consistently positive towards the Canes but also blatantly honest. When we weren’t good he said so. He moved out of Columbus years ago because of OSU fans. He picked us to play Clemson again in ACC title game but picked us to lose. That’s his opinion and every other analyst will agree with him. It’s up to us to prove them wrong.

F ESPN as a production company, journalism outlet and crew. And if you down with ESPN the f you too
ESPN U, F U TOO!!

HeavyUltimateBluebottlejellyfish-small.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
You guys are falling for it. OP is Herbstreit's troll account. He posts some weird creepy stuff about himself to make it seem like there are real life basement gimps obsessing over him.

F ESPN as a production company, journalism outlet and crew. And if you down with ESPN the f you too

You are hilarious...if you are boycotting espn, good luck watching CFB games live. ESPN also has a partnership with ABC so, I guess you are missing most of our games this season...

Y'all keep saying that ESPN would love nothing more than to see the Canes out of the national picture. Do y'all realize that some of the highest CFB ratings ESPN or ABC have ever had is with Miami on the tube? Why would a conglomerate TV company such as ABC/ESPN not want to have UM on the up so they can continue enjoying high TV ratings? Please keep in mind that high ratings equals more money for these TV networks. Whether a particular analyst or broadcaster doesn't like our program, is on them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but let's slow down with the paranoia. It's starting to get outta hand with some of y'all and a bit creepy.

If a Mark May or Finebaum say something slick about the U, fuggem! Let's just keep it movin. Enough with all the whinin' & $hi+

Oh and for the record, I enjoy listening to Mr. Hirby. I think him and Desmond are 2 of the better CFB analysts on TV. If Herbstreit were such a hater than why would he say these things

Several mentions of Miami football in Kirk Herbstreit’s preseason awards

GO CANES!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Y'all keep saying that ESPN would love nothing more than to see the Canes out of the national picture. Do y'all realize that some of the highest CFB ratings ESPN or ABC have ever had is with Miami on the tube? Why would a conglomerate TV company such as ABC/ESPN not want to have UM on the up so they can continue enjoying high TV ratings? Please keep in mind that high ratings equals more money for these TV networks. Whether a particular analyst or broadcaster doesn't like our program, is on them. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but let's slow down with the paranoia. It's starting to get outta hand with some of y'all and a bit creepy.

If a Mark May or Finebaum say something slick about the U, fuggem! Let's just keep it movin. Enough with all the whinin' & $hi+

Oh and for the record, I enjoy listening to Mr. Hirby. I think him and Desmond are 2 of the better CFB analysts on TV. If Herbstreit were such a hater than why would he say these things

Several mentions of Miami football in Kirk Herbstreit’s preseason awards

GO CANES!!!

Time to run some wind sprints coach, because you failed to prepare appropriately:

ESPN's Profits Can Still Grow, But Cord-Cutting Is A Real Threat

Miami's ratings have little to do with ESPN's bottom line, it's cable subscribers. B1G added weaklings Rutgers and Maryland just so their B1G network would be carried in NYC/DC metros and reap a bounty of subscribers, Indeed, ESPN is already carried (and charged for) by South Florida Cable providers because of the Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, and the state schools. UMiami could go bust tommorow and it wouldn't effect ESPN's bottom line in any significant manner. Heck, The Turnover Chain was more valuable to ESPN then the 'Canes themselves, since it gave their (now mostly cheap, thanks to firings) dumb "embrace debate" talking heads something they could easily understand and opine on, rather than paying huge $um$ for live sports. ESPN is now mostly talk and talk is, literally, cheap.

There is no "paranoia," but being aware of commentator bias is part of the critical thinking process when you consume the content.

Again, if you would rather be ignorant, go ahead and keep your head firmly entombed in terra firma.

B
Time to run some wind sprints coach, because you failed to prepare appropriately:

ESPN's Profits Can Still Grow, But Cord-Cutting Is A Real Threat

Miami's ratings have little to do with ESPN's bottom line, it's cable subscribers. B1G added weaklings Rutgers and Maryland just so their B1G network would be carried in NYC/DC metros and reap a bounty of subscribers, Indeed, ESPN is already carried (and charged for) by South Florida Cable providers because of the Heat, Marlins, Dolphins, and the state schools. UMiami could go bust tommorow and it wouldn't effect ESPN's bottom line in any significant manner. Heck, The Turnover Chain was more valuable to ESPN then the 'Canes themselves, since it gave their (now mostly cheap, thanks to firings) dumb "embrace debate" talking heads something they could easily understand and opine on, rather than paying huge $um$ for live sports. ESPN is now mostly talk and talk is, literally, cheap.

There is no "paranoia," but being aware of commentator bias is part of the critical thinking process when you consume the content.

Again, if you would rather be ignorant, go ahead and keep your head firmly entombed in terra firma.

I guess attracting the advertising dollars and sponsors aren't contingent of good tv ratings. Listen, I understand the point you're trying to make, but let's stop the nonsense that every critic or analyst out there who doesn't give the U a thumbs up is out to get us. Everyone out there isn't going to be a homer like Joe Zagacki. As much of I love listening to him talk about The U, I can appreciate the objectiveness of a national pundit like Hirby or Howard. Enough of the crabbin'. Let's roll!!

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Back