Suckers

Saltycane

Sophomore
Premium
Everyone that didn’t see this coming and those that say it’s not over are sucker. Until they show me something differently this is a 4-5 loss team. They lose the next two weeks, they lose against FSU, and I am chalking Louisville as a loss.

Tonight wasn’t one mistake although they had the chance to sneak it out despite MC ******** this team.

1. MC hadncuffed this offense calling for a run heavy game, I assume because of the rain. This wasn’t a Dawson game plan. Dawson would have gone for the jugular.

2. After the William’s int they went conservative and only got 3 when they should have thrown the ball on first down Vs running up the middle.

3. I am sure MC isn’t calling plays at the end of the game but when he sees that they ran the ball on 2nd down when all they needed was a kneel down then he should have ran over there and said kneel on the ball.

4. When GT got the ball back they should have brought pressure rather than play prevent, especially because all they needed was a FG.

I have been done with this team for awhile and although I watch and root I gave up my season tickets and make plans without caring if the canes are playing because they have ruined my saturdays for the last 20 years and I refuse to believe anything is different.

Advertisement
TVD didn't have his best game but they didn't help him when they reverted back to the Gattis offense. Run, run, throw all night long.

Advertisement
Why go through life this miserable? The loss was embarrassing but the program is clearly heading in the right direction. It needed a full tear down and that is what was done. You can’t expect miracle turnarounds in one offseason. We probably are a 4 loss team but that is improvement from last year and we likely lose even less next year. Mario screwed up and the stadium experience is a disaster but there are positive things happening.

Everyone that didn’t see this coming and those that say it’s not over are sucker. Until they show me something differently this is a 4-5 loss team. They lose the next two weeks, they lose against FSU, and I am chalking Louisville as a loss.

Tonight wasn’t one mistake although they had the chance to sneak it out despite MC ******** this team.

1. MC hadncuffed this offense calling for a run heavy game, I assume because of the rain. This wasn’t a Dawson game plan. Dawson would have gone for the jugular.

2. After the William’s int they went conservative and only got 3 when they should have thrown the ball on first down Vs running up the middle.

3. I am sure MC isn’t calling plays at the end of the game but when he sees that they ran the ball on 2nd down when all they needed was a kneel down then he should have ran over there and said kneel on the ball.

4. When GT got the ball back they should have brought pressure rather than play prevent, especially because all they needed was a FG.

I have been done with this team for awhile and although I watch and root I gave up my season tickets and make plans without caring if the canes are playing because they have ruined my saturdays for the last 20 years and I refuse to believe anything is different.
Then stay off the board and stop with the "I told you so" diatribe.

Advertisement

yet here you are friend.

I’ve gotten pretty apathetic to this team losing, even the Middle Tenn, last year. I just laughed and turned the game off at half time.

Not gonna lie, this loss stung though, and really difficult to reconcile what I just witnessed.

I shouldn’t be surprised this team found a new way to lose. I’ve seen us give up 4th and 19 to NC, I’ve seen muffed catches on punts against FL and AnM. Half back passes in the snow etc.

I’ve never seen anything quite like this though.
I’m still in shock.

I’ve gotten pretty apathetic to this team losing, even the Middle Tenn, last year. I just laughed and turned the game off at half time.

Not gonna lie, this loss stung though, and really difficult to reconcile what I just witnessed.

I shouldn’t be surprised this team found a new way to lose. I’ve seen us give up 4th and 19 to NC, I’ve seen muffed catches on punts against FL and AnM. Half back passes in the snow etc.

I’ve never seen anything quite like this though.
I’m still in shock.
it stung bc this team felt like it had a chance to be special. like they (staff and players) were putting it together to have a special run

Yep. I'm thinking 7-5 is best they can do this year. Play in "The Who Cares! Bowl" and probably lose. It's hard to keep watching as the team regularly loses games it should win. Poor officiating, no doubt. But, up and coming teams don't get into a position where the refs can beat them. Unless something crazy happens, like they beat UNC and FSU, I will find other things to do on Saturday afternoons. Fair weather fan? Hard to tell since there has been so little fair weather in the last 20 years.

Advertisement
Yep. I'm thinking 7-5 is best they can do this year. Play in "The Who Cares! Bowl" and probably lose. It's hard to keep watching as the team regularly loses games it should win. Poor officiating, no doubt. But, up and coming teams don't get into a position where the refs can beat them. Unless something crazy happens, like they beat UNC and FSU, I will find other things to do on Saturday afternoons. Fair weather fan? Hard to tell since there has been so little fair weather in the last 20 years.
I would feel bad for you but there are fans of the program around before 83. Now that was a drought.

Enjoy your Saturdays.

I seriously think that a bunch of you guys are happy the Canes lost. You just want to be right. "Look at me, I told you we would suck!!!"

Take a year off from football. It will do you good.

Advertisement
Why wouldn’t the game plan be heavy run against GT

Bingo.

It just didn’t work as well as I’m sure the staff expected it to. I haven’t had the heart to rewatch yet, but the backs averaged 3.75 YPC. Not good by any means but not a tragedy. We just didn’t pop many big runs. They only had 3 TFLs on designed runs, it’s not like we were getting blown up in the backfield we just didn’t have many explosives.

But coming into the game GT was one of the worst run defenses in the country. I’d have tried to run the ball a ton too.

Wouldn’t a sucker be someone who cares so little about this team that they feel the need to come write a short story on a message board about this team to tell us all how little they care about this team?!?!
Perhaps I’m a sucker for taking time out of my day to read your porst and respond….

Why wouldn’t the game plan be heavy run against GT
Maybe because the #1 wr in America was in the stadium on a visit and it would be nice if you showed some explosives in the passing game. Needless to say we played in a phone both most of the night then when we did throw the route combos were not good (mesh concepts) spacing etc. Ended up taking an embarrassing L with a long run of 14 yds all night with all the running we did.

Advertisement
Back