Stubborn Coaching Staff?

252cane

All-ACC
I hate to ask this **** but with 6 games in they are still trying to force the same ****. This oline is not for zone blocking and the constant rotation. The oline is huge and when they stop that zone **** they were good. Why can't the d make adjustments until the 2nd half and why do they keep forcing this cover 2 3-4. You have to adjust your scheme to your players and they seem to keep forcing things that are not working.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So yall are satisfied with everything because we are 6-0 with only 1 team having a winning record. I thing golden is a good coach and i didn't say fire anybody but changes are needed. When this slow developing zone block **** goes against good defenses plays get ate up look at uf. We ran the ball because unc d is not good.

Advertisement
The zone blocking was working just ******* fine when Crawford drove us 85 yards all the way down the field.

**** outta here son.

I like the power running game and vote that we not move OL to different positions unless it's absolutely necessary that we do so. I also like zone blocking because it gives us a variety of running schemes and forces defenses to prepare for both. I expect that against Wake you'll see a lot of zone blocking and at FSU we'll see more power running formations.

lol how is it stubborn when they abandoned the pass late in that game to rely on an unproven second string RB to carry us to the W. stubborn would be them letting morris carry us to a W. they changed it up by running it down their throats in the second half and limiting morris drop backs

to be honest i didnt think the zone blocking had anything to do with it, guys were just getting beat, the other team was playing with some fire

and about our adjustments on D, what happens a lot with teams is that they change up their gameplan before playing us

remember people we are a undefeated top 10 team, people are going to be gunning for us, so they are going to be throwing in some curve balls at us

give credit to the coaching staff for making the right adjustments at half time to come out to victory

Last edited:
Advertisement
to be honest i didnt think the zone blocking had anything to do with it, guys were just getting beat, the other team was playing with some fire

and about the adjustments on D, what happens a lot with teams is that they change up their gameplan before playing us

remember people we are a undefeated top 10 team, people are going to be gunning for us, so they are going to be throwing in some curve balls at us

give credit to the coaching staff for making the right adjustments at half time to come out to victory

this is our also first true road game at a place we ALWAYS struggle.

411.gif

I don't think they changed their defense for us. They just played with more intensity at the start and our offense helped them by giving them extra possessions. I agree the coaching staff deserves credit for making the adjustments to overcome Morris' poor play.

and about the adjustments on D, what happens a lot with teams is that they change up their gameplan before playing us

Advertisement
These so called miami fans are full of ****. The same ones with there chest out today was the same ones trashing the team and staff yet they pull out the win so it's ok. This 15 yards off **** will continue to get picked apart by a good qb. But you guys can keep on thinking you are going to beat good teams giving up 500 yards and allowing them to hit 70% of passes. **** 6-0 i want them to beat good teams and win the acc and a nc.

I normally don't over react to porsters. But there are soo many idiots on this board after last night's win. I'm about to lose it.

OP is this your first year as a Canes fan? because clearly you haven't watched this Oline unit the last 3-4 years? For the last 3 years we've watched these same guys with all the potential in the world FAIL to create running lanes and open up holes for our running backs. Coley comes in and goes to more ZONE blocking scheme and all of a sudden we are running for 200 yards a game. All of sudden a guy like Dallas Crawford is running for 137 yards in 3 quarters of work. Then we UNC adjusted to the ZONE run we went back to the power run game...and guess what...it was open for the taking. ZONE blocking is really the only thing this group of OLineman has ever done well (and pass protection).

There are a lot of overreacting idiot porsters out today. Stop looking for these *** *** BS grips. you look like a ***** who doesn't know football. Ppl on here wanted Kehole fired last year after we couldn't get 1 yard against K State or ND. now we are running at will on ppl and you say we the line isn't good at Zone blocking...but what makes you look like more of an idiot is the fact that you make this post the day after we run for 200 yards using primary zone blocking...

I don't think they changed their defense for us. They just played with more intensity at the start and our offense helped them by giving them extra possessions. I agree the coaching staff deserves credit for making the adjustments to overcome Morris' poor play.

my post was more about teams offense more than their defense, when i mentioned about the adjustments on D i was talking about us, teams will be gunning for us now and we have to be ready

Advertisement
Back