Stuart Miller

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
ok. I did it like a nut. I wrote a detailed email to him today. Hopefully, he digests it.
I focused on the financial element and the fact that the firing of golden is inevitable so why
make the new president have to handle it while golden ruins the program even more.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i wrote it based on a financial perspective for the university and how leaving this inevitable firing to donnas successor will only make more of a mess for the new coach to clean up. Al Golden is costing this university alot of money to be here. enough with the charity case. guys a mid major coach and needs to be at akron or toldeo or FIU

Advertisement
i wrote it based on a financial perspective for the university and how leaving this inevitable firing to donnas successor will only make more of a mess for the new coach to clean up. Al Golden is costing this university alot of money to be here. enough with the charity case. guys a mid major coach and needs to be at akron or toldeo or FIU

How do you figure he's costing them money?
Season tix were at a several year high and they have revenue sharing in the ACC.

merchandise sales are down, tv contracts, no major bowl appearances, empty stadium, etc. He is being paid to lose.

ok. I did it like a nut. I wrote a detailed email to him today. Hopefully, he digests it.
I focused on the financial element and the fact that the firing of golden is inevitable so why
make the new president have to handle it while golden ruins the program even more.

Share his email.

Advertisement
merchandise sales are down, tv contracts, no major bowl appearances, empty stadium, etc. He is being paid to lose.

I really hope you provided better reasons than that.
You have no clue about merchandise sales
TV contract, what??
Major bowl?, revenue sharing in the conference
Empty stadium, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but considering season tickets were up that's another guess at best.

Advertisement
there were other reasons like his performance numbers that can't be denied but lets be real. it goes back to money. this program is not far away.

Season tix were at a several year high and they have revenue sharing in the ACC.

If you have to ask that question, you won't understand the answer.

exactly. there was a time a you would see miami shirts, hats, etc all over the northeast. we were a national brand
now people dont even talk about miami. an empty stadium means weak ticket sales and no one is buying merchandise at the
stadium. Do you also think we dont bring in more money if we play on abc saturday night instead of ESPN2 or ESPNU? come on.

exactly. there was a time a you would see miami shirts, hats, etc all over the northeast. we were a national brand
now people dont even talk about miami. an empty stadium means weak ticket sales and no one is buying merchandise at the
stadium. Do you also think we dont bring in more money if we play on abc saturday night instead of ESPN2 or ESPNU? come on.

All I'll say is does anyone think Howard or Jimmy reaped the financial benefit from their championship years? It takes years to build a brand. One 10 win season doesn't do it. And it takes years to destroy a brand. Just because you have, comparatively speaking, a handful of hopeful fans purchasing season tickets doesn't mean youre getting every dollar out of your teams marketing potential that you can. Get a winner in here and you're revenue would SKYROCKET. And that's why Golden is costing us money. The extra 1.5 mil would be more than justified with our first ACCCG win. Chew on that.

Advertisement
Back