Strong gone

Advertisement
He's no Hartley...

...but who is?

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC
My brother is a UGA fan. Makes me sick hearing about Hartley all the **** time.

Without a doubt. But there's only so much DVD can do as an off-field recruiter. Field has to initiate a lot of it and he does a good job.

He's better suited off-field.
I mean how good of a recruiter is Kevin Smith? RB coach is a Recruiting position imo. I don’t see the problem with Field moving there or something if Mario wants to keep him on for his recruiting. Same with Coley…

My question is why wait this long to make changes though? and when is the timeline we announce a new LB coach? @Cribby will this hire move swiftly as well?

Advertisement
according to 247, he was responsible for Skinner and Riley's commitments. is that enough research for ya?
Idk if 247 or Rivals etc lists Head Coaches in recruitment battles. Otherwise we'd see a ton of Nick Saban/Kirby Smart avatars, which we don't. So hard to prove either of you as right or wrong here.

I mean how good of a recruiter is Kevin Smith? RB coach is a Recruiting position imo. I don’t see the problem with Field moving there or something if Mario wants to keep him on for his recruiting. Same with Coley…
I nearly said I would take coley as a RB coach. I can’t gauge Kevin smith very well.

So he’s basically butthurt he didn’t get a shot at the DC job? I get both sides of this situation, so if he’s upset probably best to move on so he doesn’t disrupt.
I don't see it as being butthurt. I think he basically said he wasn't given the option to return (even at LB). Could be wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This place wouldn't be the same without you leading the Million Mope March.
So Ironic that you complain about me picking fights…I wasn’t even talking to you. And nothing I said was wrong. A year ago, No one would have accepted or tried to justify 5-7 and having to replace both coordinators and at least 2 other coaches. Steele left for a better gig but he didn’t look irreplaceable. But you need a PhD in HR to appropriately characterize the cluster unfolding since our season ended right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crazy how I've been on here since 2011.. 2011 until I started using this account in 2014 I was just a lurker... every single time there was an opening on the defensive staff we talked about Charlie Strong, TRob, Rumph, and Kuligowski (among others)

Now we've had all 4 of them in relatively recent year and all 4 collectively went down in flames and we would never bring them up for an opening again.

Meanwhile, the best position coaches we have had in terms of recruiting and developing, in that same time frame, have been Banda and Todd Hartley.. and absolutely no one on here knew their names prior to Richt hiring them.

Advertisement
Back