Strong gone

Advertisement
Field isn’t. He is ok. It’s cool if he stays or leaves

Right, but you started from the point where Field was dead weight. And he's not.

And his players love him.

So there are multiple considerations, not just "well, Imma give this coach credit for this one, and another coach credit for another one".

I'm not saying Field is a god, but he's good. Not nearly the same problem that some of those other coaches were.

And I ain't mad at ya, just having a little difference of opinion, that's all.

I don't mind Strong leaving. Would have been fine if he stayed. What I do mind is we're getting closer and closer to spring practice and we have another coaching position to fill and Mario seems incapable of making swift, thoughtful decisions.

How the **** is it a terrible look for Miami? Keep it up with the awful takes.
Wow. We drinking early.

Our Miami Hurricanes, from a "Mario Y1 Collection of All Star Big Boy Staff" now has 3 fairly high-profile departures.

Life shall go on, but IMHO* not a great look.

*The Empirical One speaks...es verdad 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Advertisement
As many posters have alluded to, I didn't notice even marginal improvement from the LB core year over year. They continued to trot out the likes of Flagg, Keontra Smith, et al until it was evident, even to the untrained eye, that kids like Bissainthe should be playing over them.

Mario swung and tried put together a staff of names and it completely blew up in his face. Better to be doing what he's doing as opposed to running it back expecting different results.

Bryant and Washington had nothing to do with Strong.. all Mario. Popo's dad knew Mirabal. Didn't really have anything to do with him either. Pulliam I have no idea how that came on. I think Zo actually identified him in the Spring and then they pulled the trigger late without really staying in touch.

Strong is just getting older.. I was surprised to find out he was actually only a year or 2 younger than Steele. Recruiting just isn't the same as it was back in his Louisville days. You've got to be on the phone 12+ hours a day and Strong isn't willing to do that. Time to make this staff young and hungry.

if anyone listened to the Manny Navarro/Bruce Feldman podcast, which IMO is REQUIRED LISTENING FOR ANY LEGITIMATE CANE FAN, Feldman said there was a lot of dead weight, especially on the D side, a lot of guys are not working as much as Mario expects them, and expect a lot of changes. I suppose this is Exhibit B.

Advertisement
Field should move to an off field roll. He was the recruiting coordinator for Mario at Oregon. He's not on Hartley's level, but he was one of our better recruiters after Mario. Hartley actually did both well. Recruit and coach.
Like Strong (and potentially others) you're going to see guys from the offensive staff potentially move on in the coming weeks with a new OC in place. Timing isn't exactly ideal given the start of spring but it is what it is.

- One off-field analyst to keep an eye on if more shake-ups occur on the offensive side of the ball is Cody Woodiel, who assisted the tight end room in 2022. Woodiel is highly respected by coach Cristobal and if there is an opportunity to get him on the field this offseason (or next offseason), it will be explored. Woodiel has been on the road for Miami recently as he fills in for the departed Josh Gattis.
he's an OL coach I believe, at least that is his pedigree. Not sure where he would be placed with Mirabal (untouchable) and Field (excellent recruiter)???

Lots of European migration to South America aroouuuund 1945...
the Italian immigration to Argentine was at the beginning of the 20th Century (which I argue ended when Queen Elizabeth II died) when Argentine was a top 10 world economic power. unfortunately, it has been all downhill since then for Argentine, arguably the worse run country in Latin America.

Advertisement
Like Strong (and potentially others) you're going to see guys from the offensive staff potentially move on in the coming weeks with a new OC in place. Timing isn't exactly ideal given the start of spring but it is what it is.

Aside from Field I don't feel like a lot of change is needed. Kevin Smith is actually a good coach. Seems like he grinds and recruits well also. Mirabal is tied to Cristobal so we know he's not going anywhere. I'm hoping the new OC also coaches QB's. Those typically turn out to be the best. So obliviously a new WR coach and possible a new TE coach with Field going off field would be nice.

Wow. We drinking early.

Our Miami Hurricanes, from a "Mario Y1 Collection of All Star Big Boy Staff" now has 3 fairly high-profile departures.

Life shall go on, but IMHO* not a great look.

*The Empirical One speaks es verdad 🤣🤣🤣

Not as bad of a look as our record and losses to the likes of MTSU. Those Big Boys provided Big Mierda on the field.

I really need to understand why people have this perception that coordinators bringing all of their own guys underneath them. It’s not even remotely true - by that logic a head coach would only have two people on his entire staff that he chose and any coordinators would have more hires than he did with his future depending upon them. It makes zero sense. Guess according to my bring in one person here or there, but this whole concept of the coordinators choose their entire staff is ridiculous.

Because one year ago, Mario's lengthy coaching search inspired a bunch of CIS porsters to go back to school to become certified Human Resources experts. Unless I'm wrong about that, and they are just giving hot takes based on being amateur HR experts...

Advertisement
Italians were leaving for South America as far back as the mid 1800's. The founder of Ghirardelli went from Italy to Uruguay before ending up in San Francisco.

Absolutely. I was mostly making a joke.

The one that always surprises me is how many Italians immigrated to West Virginia for mining purposes, which is why the pepperoni roll is such a big staple up there.

Advertisement
Back