Strong gone

My international finance teacher at Miami was a guy with a German name from Argentina and had been a director at an Israeli bank in Miami.
200.gif

Advertisement
That first Natty UGA won that little ****** came out of that booth high steppin down the hallway. Biggest mistake Manny made was letting him go.
Brother,

I'll die on the hill that he is a great coach and recruiter. His list of TEs recruited, committed, and end up being in the NFL is going to be long.

I was a fan when he was here, and remain so. He'd fit in well with what Mario wants from an energy, hustle, and grind mentality.

BRING THE BOY HOME.

No...There's only 1 staff and thats Mario's staff. Did Garrett Riley bring his own staff to clemson? Did Jim Knowles bring his staff to Ohio State ? Is Reese hiring his own staff at Bama? Briles hire anybody at Tcu?
I will counter with:

Comparing apples to donuts re NC winning HC's and Mario:
Clearly no one in CFB is being compared to Saban- he can do whatever he wants and do it differently.
Dabo has won two rings as a HC, he can do what he pleases, for now (they're ready for some adapting there)

OSU has been to the playoff under Day, but even he had to hand over OC duties. Things are changing up there bc he's being forced to change.
TCU = Sonny Dykes is an O coach, Mario isn't a D coach. Briles has to be seen as a rental anyway, they just made the PO

Miami/Mario: 5-7, 0 rings as HC, 0 CFBPO apps
Not known as a schematic coach by anyone in the b'ness, espc compared to Saban, Day or Dykes.
Staff cohesion seemed to be an issue in '22.

Advertisement
Brother,

I'll die on the hill that he is a great coach and recruiter. His list of TEs recruited, committed, and end up being in the NFL is going to be long.

I was a fan when he was here, and remain so. He'd fit in well with what Mario wants from an energy, hustle, and grind mentality.

BRING THE BOY HOME.
Dude was straight ENERGY. Players loved him, he talked like he permanently lost his voice lmao.

He was a southern boy in his lifted F-150 who also clearly enjoyed being at UM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I will counter with:

Comparing apples to donuts re NC winning HC's and Mario:
Clearly no one in CFB is being compared to Saban- he can do whatever he wants and do it differently.
Dabo has won two rings as a HC, he can do what he pleases, for now (they're ready for some adapting there)

OSU has been to the playoff under Day, but even he had to hand over OC duties. Things are changing up there bc he's being forced to change.
TCU = Sonny Dykes is an O coach, Mario isn't a D coach. Briles has to be seen as a rental anyway, they just made the PO

Miami/Mario: 5-7, 0 rings as HC, 0 CFBPO apps
Not known as a schematic coach by anyone in the b'ness, espc compared to Saban, Day or Dykes.
Staff cohesion seemed to be an issue in '22.

Ok go back before the National Championships. When Dabo brought in Brentt Venables he was on the hotseat and Venables was one of the top DC's in all of college football and yet Venables didn't make any hires. Before Georgia won a national championship Kirby never let any of his coordinators hire their own staff. Show me where this letting a coordinator hire his own staff has happened at and the team has gone on to be highly successful

Advertisement
Brother,

BRING THE BOY HOME.
Technically he is already home lol. He is from ga and is a uga alum

I was a fan of Strong, but him moving on is probably in everyone's best interest. He left us with some good young LBs.Good luck Coach Strong. Hopefully our next LB coach will be dynamic and favorable in Guidry's system.

Skinner doesn't committ to Manny and Field. He came because of Mario.
This is such a lazy argument. Field has to sell the HC he works for. The head coach plays a role in EVERY recruitment, they are the face of the program.

It doesn’t make Field a bad recruiter, especially when his role has been documented in multiple recruitments beyond just the South Florida rep and ties he has.

Mario played a role. Field is a good recruiter. Not mutually exclusive things.

Advertisement
Back