Strong gone

Advertisement
Watch for Tommy Restivo to coach LB. He was DC at UMass for 2 years and was Guidry's DC for 1 year at McNeese. Also, was co-DC at UMass with Aazaar Abdul-Rahim... if they want to replace Addae and add some familiarity to the staff.

sling-blade-i-like-the-way-you-talk1.gif

Watch for Tommy Restivo to coach LB. He was DC at UMass for 2 years and was Guidry's DC for 1 year at McNeese. Also, was co-DC at UMass with Aazaar Abdul-Rahim... if they want to replace Addae and add some familiarity to the staff.
Restivo has more links to Charlie Strong than to Guidry.

Advertisement
You've got to let the new DC bring in his own staff, surely?

The defensive side could use an upgrade in recruiters. And now it just lost its best one.

You can’t let him handpick his staff if he’s going to go the way of Enos and bring in a bunch of recruiting duds. The hire to replace Strong has to be a recruiting superstar.

I can dig that. Also coached at South Florida (with Strong 👀) so he's familiar with the recruiting also.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Currently out of coaching and brokering real-estate though. May not happen.. but the connection to Abdul-Rahim is there to possibly circle back that direction and replace Addae.

Honestly had no idea he was out of coaching. Red flag? Lost the drive or no job opportunities?

He's had success as a DC at the FCS level and as a position coach. Odd he's not coaching unless he made the decision for a career change.

Advertisement
Honestly had no idea he was out of coaching. Red flag? Lost the drive or no job opportunities?

He's had success as a DC at the FCS level and as a position coach. Odd he's not coaching unless he made the decision for a career change.
Getting let go from UMass, arguably the worst FBS job there is, probably isn't doing him any favors. He may have gave it up.

The more I research him beyond the connection to Strong and Guidry the more I lean to avoid it.. red flag being out of coaching, doesn't seem like a great recruiter anyway.

Advertisement
Back