Striker

I like what I saw from Gil last year. In the few opportunities he got, he looked like a playmaker. He also has the ability to get behind the line of scrimmage and blow a play up. His speed is fine, he's not gonna run step for step with a WR, but a linebacker wouldn't either. This will be his 3rd year, I'm looking for him to have a big season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This will be the only defensive battle to watch closely since I think we all agree most of the other positions are pretty much locked up outside of the DJ Ivey vs Christian Williams CB battle.

Who will come out on top between Gil and Keontra. I thought Gil had some bright moments and am not ready to give up on him. He has the look of a Striker and a lot of times the light comes on late for these kids. He needs valuable reps in order to become comfortable because Romeo Finley was so good at the position it was impossible to take him out.

Man to Man speed was Gilbert's problem. Keontra maybe better suited, but I haven't seen him enough to know.
Gil was also a redshirt Freshman, my hopes he continues to develop and adds a little more speed. I feel like Smith and Frierson are going to be a great duo at Striker.

I think we should use actual tweeners at the position instead of treating it as a third safety. That would be great...

Oh wrong conversation. Sorry...

Who would fit that description? Maybe a DJ Ivey? Feel like our depth at CB makes that impossible, but I keep wondering if he could have a Redwine like impact at S or even striker.

Advertisement
Back