Strengths and Weaknesses - Next year

Advertisement
I think the defense is actually gonna be really good.

Everyone except Knowles is back in the secondary. This defense relies on experienced safety play. Hall took his lumps this year, but he’s getting better. He, Bubba, Carter, and Keontra Smith should be a nice rotation. Blades, Ivey, Bandy, Couch, and Williams should be fine at CB.

DL should have plenty of talent.

We lose Shaq and 56, but what we lose in experience, we likely gain in speed.

McCloud, Brooks, Huff, and Frierson at striker is a rangy group.

Offensively, literally everybody on the OL is back. Jarren will have a full season under his belt. Most of the skill talent is back.

Even if Deejay leaves, Harris, Lingard, and “Wolf Man” Don Chaney Jr. has plenty of talent.

I heard we might even be looking at a grad transfer kicker.

My main concern is the offense.

The last two weeks have been encouraging, but the season numbers are still abysmal.

Coming into the game, we were 87th in total offense, and dead-*** last in 3rd down conversion %.

Will one year of experience fix all of that?

Advertisement
It's an even-year which means Miami comes to Atlanta next year. **** yeah! Us Atlanta Canes show out at Bobby Dodd. It WONT be three straight.

Linebackers will be tough to replace but if the DL improves like it should, that will help.

another year in the weight room for Silvera and Rousseau? Lawd...
Agree, and skies the limit for Nesta, as long as he stays healthy. Could be something special.

Advertisement
I think the defense is actually gonna be really good.

Everyone except Knowles is back in the secondary. This defense relies on experienced safety play. Hall took his lumps this year, but he’s getting better. He, Bubba, Carter, and Keontra Smith should be a nice rotation. Blades, Ivey, Bandy, Couch, and Williams should be fine at CB.

DL should have plenty of talent.

We lose Shaq and 56, but what we lose in experience, we likely gain in speed.

McCloud, Brooks, Huff, and Frierson at striker is a rangy group.

Offensively, literally everybody on the OL is back. Jarren will have a full season under his belt. Most of the skill talent is back.

Even if Deejay leaves, Harris, Lingard, and “Wolf Man” Don Chaney Jr. has plenty of talent.

I heard we might even be looking at a grad transfer kicker.

My main concern is the offense.

The last two weeks have been encouraging, but the season numbers are still abysmal.

Coming into the game, we were 87th in total offense, and dead-*** last in 3rd down conversion %.

Will one year of experience fix all of that?
We could see a big jump in the OL. The WR look good.

LB and special teams look like weak spots next year. I hope we can find a good kicker to replace Baxa.
The grad transfer K from Columbia Oren Milstein? We’ll see what it is soon enough

Price will be fine. Watched him very closely during warmups before game and at half. He missed 2 kicks out of atleast 20. His 40 yard attempts were going half way up the uprights. He has perfect form. The game experience he gets this year is perfect for him going in to next year. Personally not worried about him.

Price will be fine. Watched him very closely during warmups before game and at half. He missed 2 kicks out of atleast 20. His 40 yard attempts were going half way up the uprights. He has perfect form. The game experience he gets this year is perfect for him going in to next year. Personally not worried about him.
He kicks with confidence. And does not seem to have the deer in headlight looks the other kickers have.

Advertisement
LB's gonna be the thinnest and maybe worst core since 2008 if i'm being honest.
How are we thin we got Joyner Jennings steed mccloud Brooks huff plus the freshman from 20 class and we play with basically a third safety in with the striker spot so that’s not a weakness other then experience

Our zone concepts are still trash. We need to have the ability to be multiple on defense without being asked. That is still a huge weakness for us.

We need an infusion of speed on defense. If/when Bubba is healthy- our Safeties will be that much better. but, with what we have returning on the line, and in our secondary, we should be nasty. Hopefully Baker fails forward like Manny did As a PC.

Flowe or bust. We add this young WARRIOR, put Sam next to him, and we are instantly more athletic at LB. It’s lights out in the middle.

BOTTOM LINE - we need more speed. Hopefully Bubba, Sam and FLOWE are the ticket.

Ill will put next years Dline up against anyone in the country! Phillips, GR15, and Nesta are certified studs! And if Garvin comes back and returns to form.... watch out! Everyone in the secondary SHOULD be back too. I'm not worried about our LBs. As said earlier, what we lose in experience, we make up for in speed.

I think Osborn will be the toughest to replace. JT4 could definitely fill those shoes but he's gotta stay focused.

Advertisement
I think RB could be a strength or a weakness, depending on who decides to leave. DeeJay could leave because he has a family to feed now. Linguard could leave based on rumors of him or his family not being happy here.
If either stays, I think they combine with Cam and maybe Chaney if he's game ready, and RB is a strength.
If both leave, we have Cam and Chaney, who will be a question mark. I don't thing Burns is an every down back. This could make RB a weakness.
Now if Knighton decides to jump on board...

Nothing you just typed there should make you feel ok about lb. almost none but McCollum have played much. You see Joyner hit wrong hole today and that rb went straight up middle for like 70 yards?. It’s why Shaq went back in. Steed is always hurt and Jennings hasn’t done much. I do like brooks

So you like Brooks and he hasnt played much either my point is theres talent there they just need an opportunity unlike this year we literally didnt have any bodies.

Joyner played well in the Spring game Jennings and Steed have been in the program jus been behind older guys it's the Miami way its called next man up

Advertisement
Back