Strengths and Weaknesses - Next year

Advertisement
Not gonna lie the 3 wins have me hopeful again.

Can you football aficionados tell me where we look good and bad next year? Off the top of my head:

Strengths:

Dline, secondary , TE, QB

Weaknesses:

OL, LB, WR

Good enough:

Running back

Really looking for input and opinions not a bash session

I agree with all the strengths... As far as the weaknesses I agree with all except WR. I don’t think that’s been a weakness at all I just feel we started out not giving our QB time to get the ball to them. We have some dynamic playmakers at WR. I’ll give u the nod on “Good Enough” for our running backs but honestly I can see the RB room being elite!!! Even if Deejay leaves we still have Cam, Lingard, Chaney and I’m starting to believe we pull Knighton which would only make it better. Though it’s viewed as a longshot landing Flowe would make our LB group above average

Can you football aficionados tell me where we look good and bad next year? Off the top of my head:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

OL, LB, WR

Good enough:

Running back

WR will not be weak Payton better than Anyone we got out there now.

Advertisement

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

OL, LB, WR

Good enough:

Running back

Team will have experinece issue at linebacker but that's about it. The roster will get alot more quality depth. Keep in mind Manny is monster in the portal too. We coming up. Small steps lead to big leaps. The quitters all quit and went elsewhere, team is going to be sick next year. We have to continue to develop players. What I see from this staff is amazing. They dont need high 4 and 5 star players they can coach see(Clark and Nelson) see(Wiggins and Harley) see( Miller and Rousseau) see (William's at qb) team has some pieces plus we add future is bright

Advertisement
LB will be a weakness, but returning LB production has the weakest correlation to defensive success. Meaning if you’re going to lose your starters and be weak somewhere, LB is where you want it to be at.

I like everything else in terms of talent v. experience.

Nah

McCloud
Joyner
Steed
Jennings Jr
Huff
Brooks
Nothing you just typed there should make you feel ok about lb. almost none but McCollum have played much. You see Joyner hit wrong hole today and that rb went straight up middle for like 70 yards?. It’s why Shaq went back in. Steed is always hurt and Jennings hasn’t done much. I do like brooks

We got 3 more games in this ***** this year. Translating to next year? Not easy.

Advertisement

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

OL, LB, WR

Good enough:

Running back

Compare our roster to anybody else on our schedule? Outside of the top 5 every team has some holes in terms quality and depth. We should be an 10-11 win team next year, no questions asked. We aren’t ready for the big boys but we should dominate the schedule. We have talent and experience.

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

OL, LB, WR

Good enough:

Running back

O line should get better and wr we have guys emerging. Wiggins and harley will be a really solid duo and pope and peyton behind them are good. And I think we are ok at linebacker no disrespect to shaq and Pinckney's but the guys replacing them are way more athletic. I would say our weakness will be. Lb and that's about it and lb is just because lack of experience but I think they could be better than shaq and pinck if they play smart

I think everybody is vastly underestimating what great athletes can do at linebacker. Huff, McCloud and Brooks are all great athletes. McCloud should put it together and it helps having a good D line and an experienced secondary behind you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back