Strengths and Weaknesses - Next year

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
Not gonna lie the 3 wins have me hopeful again.

Can you football aficionados tell me where we look good and bad next year? Off the top of my head:

Strengths:

Dline, secondary , TE, QB

Weaknesses:

OL, LB, WR

Good enough:

Running back

Really looking for input and opinions not a bash session

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not gonna lie the 3 wins have me hopeful again.

Can you football aficionados tell me where we look good and bad next year? Off the top of my head:

Strengths:

Dline, secondary , TE, QB

Weaknesses:

OL, LB, WR

Good enough:

Running back

Really looking for input and opinions not a bash session
I actually think OL might be a strength. Lots of solid experience for them and they're improving.

Agree that LB and WR will be weaknesses and I'd throw TE in there. As of right now we only have one that's solid I believe.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jeff Thomas likely gone.

Thomas is no doubt talented, but hasn't been an impact player or been consistent in our offenses after 3 years. At least 3, maybe 4 guys passed him in value cathing the ball this season. He might benifit from a change of scenery like Cager did. I think those costly mistakes against Florida are in his head, just like they got into Baxta's and rendered him ineffective when we needed it most - but that's kickers.

Next year will start off much better with a veteran QB (who as of today, with those 6 TD passes, holds the single game record at Miami, and for tying the most amount of points put up by a Miami team since they've been in he ACC). He's had a year running the system.

The OL will be much improved. They had to grow up fast, and willl become a strength next year. They are starting to gel as a unit and playing well together - eliminating sacks, picking up blitzes, opening some running lanes, getting to the 2nd level - it takes time. Severe growing pains were rough but I said if they got through it, it would pay dividens. It will be the best O-line we've started with in a while.

TE will be among the best in NCAA, WR will be hard to replace #2, but we will be OK.

The Aussie punter will be even better - **** he just goes out and does his job.

We will have a few disrupters on the D-Line and #15 will be among the leaders in sacks, hurries and TFL.

Weaknesses: Can we find a consistnet kicker? Hopefully the guys getting some time at LB this year are ready.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back