Strength Program - Excess Fat

C
wish we could trim the fat and these guys would just kill themselves...

Nice! Add nothing to the discussion and suggest we kill ourselves. The internet is too much for you, just go ahead and log off.

And as predicted this fūckclown NY is back with his infinitesimally small knowledge of football to claim he was right.

Please drink a gallon of hydrochloric acid followed by a gallon of bleach.

You clearly can’t discern or understand poor quarterback play, poor execution, playing down to the competition, and it’s relationship to offensive playcalling. You are a huge assclown - just stop posting - it becomes clearer with every post

LOL you've got to be kidding me. We forced four turnovers again while scoring only 24 and struggled to put away 1-7 North Carolina who is missing something like 16 players. It's ridiculous how petulant you act simply because the guy actually ended up being right. Get a grip.

We are 7-0, which is great and all, but we're consistently barely scraping by average (to be generous) teams. As someone who has actually been a defender of his playcalling, at some point you have to stop blaming players. The point is that we have enough talented skill players that Rosier doesn't have to be great or even very good for us to put up more than 24 ****ing points on 1-7 UNC while forcing FOUR TURNOVERS. Doesn't take an offensive genius to recognize that it goes beyond poor execution, which is just generic coach speak for the most part anyway. Guess we should blindly hope that we "play up" to our competition the next two weeks or we're going to get ran out of our own stadium by the only two good teams on our weak *** schedule.

richt has performed a miracle making our career benchwarmer qb who never bothered to watch film into a serviceable starter and you want to scapegoat Richt's play calling? Lol. This is why we have the dumbest fanbase in America. Our fans want us to make our transfer candidate qb learn even more complex "creative" plays when he can barely execute the plays we already have.

He really has done an unreal job with Rosier. He's an exceptional QB coach - one of the best in the business.

But how hard is running something like a jet sweep to Jeff Thomas? Unless we start forcing opposing teams' LBs to look somewhere else (guys in motion, PA jet sweeps, etc) then they are going to feast on our 1 run play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did you really just compare Richt's record to a Golden Record? That isn't an accomplishment. Why not compare him to a great coach like Randy too?

I compared Richt to his immediate predecessor (and successor).

I also used comparable time periods.

I get it though.

It doesn't fit your narrative.

UGA (Not marginally either) scored more points AFTER he Bobo was OC. I also posted the stats in another thread. Do you need it again?

I understand that you're going to just keep ignoring me on this because it doesn't fit you narrative.

I clearly said that Georgia won more games when he called plays.

It's true and you don't seem to like it so you change the subject.

Did you really just compare Richt's record to a Golden Record? That isn't an accomplishment. Why not compare him to a great coach like Randy too?

I compared Richt to his immediate predecessor (and successor).

I also used comparable time periods.

I get it though.

It doesn't fit your narrative.

Anyone is better than ALbortion.

So to review:

1. OCs don't have win/loss records

2. The point is about whether he can have success doing BOTH

3. UGA scored more points and had more yards when he wasn't doing BOTH

Are we denying the above?

Advertisement
UGA (Not marginally either) scored more points AFTER he Bobo was OC. I also posted the stats in another thread. Do you need it again?

I understand that you're going to just keep ignoring me on this because it doesn't fit you narrative.

I clearly said that Georgia won more games when he called plays.

It's true and you don't seem to like it so you change the subject.

And I explained why they won more games (see below) or are you trying to argue that scoring less points and having less yards is a good way to have success?

1. I think the difference in wins has to do with the quality of coaching in the SEC and when he coached against them. For example, Richt was 2-0 against Bama but then when Saban came in 2007, he went 1-3 against Bama.

[The records below represent Richt's record v. these teams]

Against UF:

2001: Spurrier 0-1
2002-04: Zook 1-2
2005-10: Meyer 1-5
2011-15: Muschump 3-1

Against LSU:

2001-04: Saban 1-1 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2001 and 2002)
2005-15: Miles 3-2 (Doesn't play against LSU in 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015)

Alabama

2001-02: Franchione 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2001)
2003-06: Shula 1-0 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2004, 2005 and 2006)
2006-15: Saban 1-3 (Doesn't play against Bama in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014

2. If you want to talk about the offense, then it is clear they did better on offense when Richt wasn't calling plays.

[Average Per Game Stats]

Richt as the OC

Total Offense: 433
Scoring Offense: 29

Total Offense: 385
Scoring Offense: 32

Total Offense: 380
Scoring Offense: 27

Total Offense: 405
Scoring Offense: 28

Total Offense: 391
Scoring Offense: 30

Total Offense: 312
Scoring Offense: 25

Average with Richt as the OC

Total Offense (avg): 384
Scoring Offense (avg): 28.5

Bobo as the OC

Total Offense: 376
Scoring Offense: 33

Total Offense: 426
Scoring Offense: 31

Total Offense: 362
Scoring Offense: 29

Total Offense: 385

Total Offense: 409

Total Offense: 468
Scoring Offense: 38

Total Offense: 484
Scoring Offense: 37

Total Offense: 459
Scoring Offense: 41

Average with Bobo as the OC

Total Offense (avg): 421
Scoring Offense (avg): 34.1

Do you understand that this is about whether Richt can have success doing both? He is not just the OC (like he was at FSU), he is the HC. It is not as simple.

That's why I posted the Georgia numbers, too.

More wins per season (playing less games) and 2 SEC Championships compared to 0.

Georgia was better when he called plays.

Period.

You're wrong.

Advertisement

See, this is just an intellectually lazy argument.

Richt has been better than every predecessor or successor in his entire career.

But you bring up Al Golden.

That's because you have a weird narrative that you want to push.

So to review:

1. OCs don't have win/loss records

This is one of the dumbest points on a board full of dumb points.

The OC is a part of the coaching staff. The goal is to win games.

But somehow because the OC doesn't get a win/loss record assigned to him (what rule is that?) then wins don't matter or aren't important to that position.

I can't believe you're making this point.

Perhaps it was more than Richt considering the output didn't change (prior to him being OC).

It's very hard to inherit a championship offense and not regress at all.

Then he followed it up at Georgia and Miami with better offenses.

And again you dismiss the majority of the post.

And UGA had a better offense when he wasn't the OC. Again, this is about doing BOTH. Beating ALbortion or Randy is easy.

Advertisement
3. UGA scored more points and had more yards when he wasn't doing BOTH

And won less games, lost more games and started the "Fire Richt" movement.

Georgia was less successful as a football program when Richt wasn't engaged in play-calling.

Fact.

You can't argue this so you change the subject.

Never said that. Loosen the tinfoil helmet and you could (potentially) see that.

Your argument is that OC's don't have win/loss records so it can't be used.

I'm quoting you accurately.

It's just a really dumb argument and so you're trying to massage it.

Advertisement

See, this is just an intellectually lazy argument.

Richt has been better than every predecessor or successor in his entire career.

But you bring up Al Golden.

That's because you have a weird narrative that you want to push.

You can't even follow the conversation. You brought up that bullchit about ALbortion, you are making some argument about out performing a predecessor. I didn't bring that up.

I agree he is better than ALbortion and Donnan. I never said the opposite.

I also didn't know the goal was to simply out perform your predecessor/successor. I thought the goal was to win championships.

Would anybody disagree that the 10th coach needs to be a veteran offensive guy that can help Richt? Thomas Brown and Job Richt aren't exactly X's and O's gurus. Richt needs some help.

The one thing I do really appreciate about Mark's play calling is that he has a great feel for the game. He's often a step ahead of DC's, even if the play doesn't work out (screens when he's anticipating blitz, draws when opposing teams drop 8, etc).

I think his two-minute O play calling has been spot on (he mixes in draw plays when defenses are on their heels, he isn't afraid to take what the defense gives us, e.g. bubble screens, and run them over and over again. He rarely outthinks himself).

He has a good idea of when we need to get in hurry up mode because maybe the guys are just going through the motions.

And last but not least, his clock management has been really good.

My only real gripe is with the scheme itself - mostly the lack of creativity in the run game. I'd also like to see more crossing patterns and pick plays.

2. The point is about whether he can have success doing BOTH

He did!

They had more success when he was then when he wasn't!

10.2 wins per season, 2 SEC titles

vs.

9.5 wins per season, 0 SEC titles

I thought the goal was to win national championships. Not 10.2 wins per season or to out perform the predecessors.

I also explained (part of the reason) why they won more games (when he did BOTH).

And again you dismiss the majority of the post.

What am I dismissing?

You're just making a dumb point.

Richt's resume is clear.

He wins more games when he's engaged in play-calling.

Period.

You seem to think OC's shouldn't be concerned with winning games.

Advertisement
Back