Strange line movement

Advertisement
vegas knows less than we do

we're the bunch of weirdos hounding internet forums the night before the game

it just means that most people waited until the night before to bet

I agree. They HAVE been WAY off with us this. Only -5.5 vs Duke then home dogs VT,ND.

Who tf cares?...

People that bet sports.

So?

It has zero impact on the actual game. We literally have posters wetting their pants over a betting line. That's one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

Remind me what the ND line was again?

When did you check my pants? I didn’t even notice you in there.

ND was favored, I think 3.5. The VT line also swung by 6-7 in our direction during the week of the game. When a line moves this strongly in one direction, it tends to be a good indicator of what happens in the game. If you’re not nervous, great. I am. If that makes me a puzzy in your eyes or something, I can live with that.

Advertisement
Who tf cares?...

People that bet sports.

So?

It has zero impact on the actual game. We literally have posters wetting their pants over a betting line. That's one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

Remind me what the ND line was again?

When did you check my pants? I didn’t even notice you in there.

ND was favored, I think 3.5. The VT line also swung by 6-7 in our direction during the week of the game. When a line moves this strongly in one direction, it tends to be a good indicator of what happens in the game. If you’re not nervous, great. I am. If that makes me a puzzy in your eyes or something, I can live with that.
ND was favored by 3.5, but the vig increased late in our favor so it's apples and oranges compared to our line vs Pitt so far. Too much ignorance in this thread by some to even make it worth explaining why it matters. Some posters don't want facts to get in the way of their little circle jerk. Still over 12 hours before kickoff to hopefully see it climb in our favor, though.

it's probably people looking at the weather and seeing we haven't played on the road in a month. gonna be a tough game, i don't blame ppl for doubting us

we still get the dub tho

Advertisement
vegas knows less than we do

we're the bunch of weirdos hounding internet forums the night before the game

it just means that most people waited until the night before to bet

I agree. They HAVE been WAY off with us this. Only -5.5 vs Duke then home dogs VT,ND.

If I recall correctly in the 24-48 hours before gametime against VT line moved nearly 6 points. The line opened with us -3 and was +3 very quickly but by game time it was close to us being favored by 3 again. There was alot of movement for that game.

I’m super worried about this game. First road game in practically a month. At noon the day after Thanksgiving. Against a team everyone in the world is overlooking and assuming we beat. Wish I could say I disagreed with the action betting the line down.

Go ahead and neg, my fear level is high right now.

41B32E3A-37A8-41E4-BD93-7A84732E5F6F.gif

Advertisement
I’m super worried about this game. First road game in practically a month. At noon the day after Thanksgiving. Against a team everyone in the world is overlooking and assuming we beat. Wish I could say I disagreed with the action betting the line down.

Go ahead and neg, my fear level is high right now.

No you're just a ******.. nothing wrong with that..

Smart play is Canes. UVA QB was in the zone for 3 quarters. He looked like Brady.
Pitt frosh QB and offense in trouble. Line movement overreaction to letdown game.

Advertisement
i hope this entire thread is all just a joke. are you actually allowing a betting line to make you nervous about this game? how in the fvck does that make sense? how does the line movement all of the sudden make our chances of winning any less? explain this to me.

Why is the smart money important for average bettors? For one thing the smart money is what is going to move the line in a game. If you can have a sense of which side the smart money is on and how aggressively it is on that side then you can time your bets to get the best possible price for your opinion. That might sound complicated, but it really isn’t. Let’s say for example that your handicapping has led you to really like a three point underdog in a football game. If the smart money is on your side of the game as well then the odds are only going to get worse for you – you’re team will become two point underdogs or worse. In that case it would make sense to make the bet as soon as you can to get the best price – especially if you can bet to get the key number on your side. On the other hand, if the smart money is on the other side then there is a good chance that the odds for your side are only going to get better the longer you wait, so there is no reason to bet before you have to.

If true, the shift in the line is significant, because no matter how closely you follow the Canes know that the smart money has MUCH better information than you. A line that quickly drops approximately 3 points typically points to an injury, suspension(s) or information not available to the general public.

Finally, subscribe to the rule (unless you are a bettor) don't worry about the things you can't control as tomorrow will come soon enough.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back