Straight Facts For All You Suckers

We’re fine. Manny is the guy to lead this program (for a myriad of reasons). If I were him - I’d extend Lashlee ASAP.

We have serious weaknesses at WR, OL and LB. All were exposed tonight. Have no idea what we do at QB next season.

I predicted 7-4 early this year. We may actually get to 8-3. Manny is building a decent program.

Advertisement
I think it's TBD on Manny. He's shown a willingness to adjust. Has shown some promising signs, like brining in Lashlee which will pay off in the long run. Baker though has been a terrible hire, and he's got to mix things up. For most coaches, it takes a season or two to find the right mix of assistants. Took Dabo like four years until he found the right mix.

He's trash. His only hope is handing over the defense to somebody more capable and play CEO.

Advertisement
Anyone that thought we were going to walk into Death Valley tonight and beat them was kidding themselves. That's a monster a decade in the making, with no financial constraints.

I wanted Diaz fired after losing to FIU, La Tech and Duke last year, but he's had a fantastic offseason and the team has looked pretty good this year.

The jury is still out on him, but let's see how the team bounces back against the rest of the schedule. That's the telling thing for a HC in my book - can he keep the team motivated and focused after a big loss.

If he wins 9 / 10 games and gets us into that 'best of the rest' pack (rarefied air for us), we're well positioned to make that jump to the national stage. The class he brought in after finishing 6-7 was ridiculous. If we win 10 games for a couple of years I can only salivate at how good the recruiting will be.

Mario would have brought in a real staff here.
Yeah, for what it's worth if Manny doesn't work out, Cristobal has badly wanted this job for years. Guy's entire family is located in Miami, and he'd jump at the chance to come back here.

He interviewed for the job in 2010 and expressed major interest in 2015 and in the 24 hours after Richt retired. If given the opportunity he'd take it.

Advertisement
And the school will make another lazy and CHEAP hire.
Yeah they could. Personally, I think if Manny doesn't work out the next hire is Cristobal. Guy has wanted the job for years and would jump at the chance to come back. Still not sold on him though, want to see how Oregon looks this year.

I'm not gonna talk about the sloppy penalties of an undisciplined team for the 100th time. Or how recruiting misses rear their ugly head. Or why this is the worst WR group here in over 25 years.

I'm here to slap the public with this one, undeniable, necessary fact: Miami will remain a fraud and a small-time clown operation until it gets serious and hires a proven head coach.

We did it one time over the last 15 years, and he won 10 games and the division before becoming senile and having a heart attack.

But he still proves the point. Miami needs a real coach to win. Until we go out and hand over some money to a dude with a track record of actually winning games at a Power 5 school and competently running a program, we'll be stuck in a spin cycle of faqq0t **** forever.

We had that chance with Dan Mullen multiple times. Same with Mike Leach. Rumors are same with Lane Kiffin. We chose to be cheap and/or dumb.

Miami is a bush league operation from the top down. We don't have the time or luxury to keep gambling on the lazy promotions from within to our coordinators. Didn't work with Coker. Didn't work with Shannon. Isn't working with Manny. Several at this university are content collecting their ACC cut and making sure everyone is having fun. Few are serious about winning, and the ones who are seem to have no clue what the f they're doing.

Until someone gets serious about being a winning football program this is what you'll get. And you'll like it.

So stop being surprised or disappointed, JABRONIS.
Been thinking and saying this for about 15 years. Problem is no one with authority at this school gives a final ****, so why should I?

Advertisement
Who the **** is going to come here? The mistakes of the past are irrelevant now. The only “big name” (if you want to call is that) is Mario. And the jury is out on him too.
Manny is the better option then Mario. The results show that. Mario won the pac-12 yes, but that’s not as impressive as manny beating the coastal teams in the ACC. Mario needs to prove he can go 6-6 in the ACC first. Then I think we can consider him

Crybaby. Teams lose games. Teams lose on the road to the number 1 ranked team in the country. The season isnt over. Drink a beer and get some *****. Be a man not a ******* fanook

A few points:

1. Leach did more with less at smaller programs. Both his stops at TTech and Wazzu his stretch was the most success this programs had in decades.

2. Kiffin recruits like a mad man and won 10 games at SC. Then back-to-back double digit winning seasons at FAU. He's still only 45.

3. Yes, Richt worked. He had this program a first double-digit win season for the first time in 14 years. He had the most successful two-year stretch since 2003. He had one bad year as he became too old and flamed out. He was also loyal to his son and did one of the rare honorable things in this profession by just walking away.

Mario is a guy who's out there right now, has coached at big programs for HOFers, has proven he can recruit at a high level, and has won double digit games.

Point being we need to sack up and make a big move for a proven guy. This thing is mired in a culture of mediocrity and amateurism and the only way to snap that cycle is to bring in a coach with some on-field proof and recruiting clout.

The last time we did it we won our division for the first time ever.

Advertisement
Crybaby. Teams lose games. Teams lose on the road to the number 1 ranked team in the country. The season isnt over. Drink a beer and get some *****. Be a man not a ******* fanook

Perfectly exemplifies the cuck attitude of acceptance of failure that runs rampant throughout this program and its fanbase.

Nah you just cry every time we lose. Its ok to lose. We weren't winning a Natty this year and every sane person knows this. You're just an attention seeking snowflake. Woe is me. Depressing *** *****. The season ain't over and there is lots of football left to be played. Lots of reason for optimism. Be a fan. Stop being a try hard reporter on a message board so you can say "I told you so". That won't pay your bills or make you happy.

It's one thing to lose. It's another to not be competitive with TWO weeks to prepare. There is zero shame in losing to Clemson, at Clemson. The issue arises when the team doesn't look prepared and the game plan wasn't inspiring. Virginia played better against Clemson than we did.

And those of you *****ing about the talent at some of the defensive positions like LB and CB.....well all I can say is Manny has been here long enough to where he's accountable for the recruiting of those respective depth charts.

We bought out Mandy from Temple. TEMPLE!!! The program that gave us Folden. We're letting a fan "learn" on the job.
The only thing he is learning is to hire assistants to buy him time. Kiffin would have been sick here...

Advertisement
Back