Stop using money as an excuse!!

When Oregon hired Cristobal, it was for about 2.7 million, so less than Diaz. Richt was making about 4.1 million before his extension through 2023, most coaches don't negotiate their salary down in contract extensions so he likely was getting a bump up to about 4.7 million (and possibly up to around 5 million). Cristobal just got an extension that pays him an average of $4.55 million a year through 2025 (it goes up each year through 2025). That means almost 3 years ago, Richt was going to have an average annual salary that was MORE than Cristobal's new average salary through 2025. Oh and throw on top of Richt's 4.7-5 million another 1.5 million that was supposed to go to hiring a top OC.

Stop with the Miami doesn't pay coaches nonsense.
Go look up college coaches salaries in 2021. All public information. $4.5M ain’t ****!

Advertisement
Why do we ALWAYS use money as an excuse? It's absurd to me. I'll be honest. I was naive to the administrative piece of football for a while. At least up until I was about 22( I'm 33 now).

Although, I understand a lot more, about football administrative procedures these days, I still can't see money as an excuse not to field a better product.

If someone can explain to me how schools like Boise, App State, Wisconsin, now UCF, **** I feel like West Virginia is better at finding coaches than Miami.

Are these school budgets soo much bigger than UMs?

Or do these administration's under stand their brand, their recruiting geography, and match the coach to this understanding?

What gives? What can't Miami find great coaches that fit Miami football, consistently?

The problem is not money.

The problem is that we're not allowed to use that money the way certain favored schools are allowed to.

We tried to use our money and got slapped with sanctions. Other programs are protected.

Why do we ALWAYS use money as an excuse? It's absurd to me. I'll be honest. I was naive to the administrative piece of football for a while. At least up until I was about 22( I'm 33 now).

Although, I understand a lot more, about football administrative procedures these days, I still can't see money as an excuse not to field a better product.

If someone can explain to me how schools like Boise, App State, Wisconsin, now UCF, **** I feel like West Virginia is better at finding coaches than Miami.

Are these school budgets soo much bigger than UMs?

Or do these administration's under stand their brand, their recruiting geography, and match the coach to this understanding?

What gives? What can't Miami find great coaches that fit Miami football, consistently?
the school don't want to spend the money. its simple

The money excuse is loser talk. When Rick was hired they offered Dave Arenda $1 mil+ a year to be DC. I wonder what this team would look like today if Aranda took the job instead of Lispy?

Advertisement
Go look up college coaches salaries in 2021. All public information. $4.5M ain’t ****!

Go look up college coach salaries in 2016. Richt's salary of about 4.1 million (before any incentives or bonuses which are usually in cfb HC contracts) would have put him around #17 in the country, just behind Dan Mullen at 4.2 million and well ahead of Kirby Smart at $3.75 million, and Kyle Whittingham at 3.6 million. You must think UGA doesn't play big boy football and pay it coaches top dollar since Richt's replacement was making considerably less than Richt was in 2016.

Richt got a multiyear extension after the 2017 season through 2023 that likely bumped his salary close to 5 million, if not higher (when coaches get a contract extension after a big season, it's not normally for a few extra hundred thousand per year). If he made 5 million in 2018, that would have put him at or near the top 10 (about 5 coaches tied at 5 million).

This myth of Miami only looking for bargain price coaches was put to bed a long time ago- Richt broke that trend (I felt at the time it was a very lazy hire- now THAT is Miami's real M.O.) but if you want to continue being wrong and claiming that Miami refuses to pay for HCs, then go ahead and continue in your wrongness.

You do realize Wisconsin pays their coach over $4M a year. Manny is at $3.1M lol He would be number 14 in the Big 10 above only Mike Locksley. He would be second to last in the SEC ahead of Vandy’s coach, Manny ranks around 50th in the country in terms of Head coach salaries. At the bottom of the P5. We’re penny penching on coaches and wanting $100 results lol. This is Miami. The administration isn’t serious about winning football championships. If you don’t think money matters your crazy Af!
Richt was paid a lot more than manny. They pay manny that cause that’s what both parties agreed he was worth at that time. They can afford to pay more to someone worth more

Advertisement
The problem is not money.

The problem is that we're not allowed to use that money the way certain favored schools are allowed to.

We tried to use our money and got slapped with sanctions. Other programs are protected.
The Sanctions handed down in 95 were not about "using our money" In the Bama...Clemson & Georgia sense...it was mainly Pell Grant fraud.

The Sanctions handed down in 95 were not about "using our money" In the Bama...Clemson & Georgia sense...it was mainly Pell Grant fraud.

I'm talking about us actually losing schollies and getting threatened with the death penalty for rinky dink yacht parties and Benihana steak dinners from that Ponzi scheming weirdo, Shapiro. Meanwhile other programs are allowed to spend MILLIONS each year to buy the best 5 star players.

Money is not the problem. The problem is that we're not allowed to use what money we do have. Change that and you'll change Miami's ceiling from VT to Bama.

What small private school anywhere is even having the success we have?

Money is a huge factor in winning

Per a census in 2020 :
The University of Miami has an udg population of over 11k. A total student population of slightly over 17k including grad students

By comparison
-ND has a udg population of 8,700 & total student population of 12,600
(They were just in the CFP)

-Stanford University has a udg population of 6,300, total student population of a shade under 17k
(They’ve won 9+ games in 8 of the last 12 yrs, including 3 conference titles, and 5 divisional titles)

Other athletic programs, like Vandy (baseball), Duke (basketball) all have smaller student populations than Miami. Those r just a couple off the top of my head. The “small private school” excuse is a bit played.

Also, those schools r ranked higher academically, have higher acceptance rates, higher tuitions and smaller student bodies, yet have found athletic successes far greater than ours since 2010, alone.

Advertisement
Back