Stop blaming bagmen

Question for those in the know.. is Miami back in the game? Or still playing it straight?

Does our roster or our current commits look like we are in the game?

Does VT's, UNC's, Duke's or GT's look like they're in the game?....you don't need a bagman to win this ****ty division.

I never said those schools do although it's a fact that North Carolina and VT do it as well. Never used it as a reason we don't win. There's no excuse for us not to win the ****** coastal despite it being upgraded each year.

However, it's hard to argue that our roster is better than VT or UNC at this point, recruiting rankings maybe but they are both well coached teams with better offensive systems than ours. Can't blame that on Richt. But we should be doing more with what we have than we are actually doing.

Advertisement
And the bama bs that they r a better program....rt now yea but whwn saban got there they werent winning. When he hit the trail n put his plan is place ($$$) they got mostly every target and it wasnt cuz of wins bruh. Samething with Jimbo

TF is you talkin about? Lmao.. The man won a NC at LSU before he got to Bama and Jimbo was his OC

Yea but was coming off a bad miami stint where ayers hated him and had mad negative meida attention but i get what u saying. He still wins because of the way he recruits im sorry......no one convincing me ever that college sports aint about recruiting just like the nfl draft means alot but u get to pick n choose in collegw and if ur good at it u win.

it happens but probably not as big amounts as peopke think unless its a dalvin. end of the day the kids want to go to a school where they can win and make it to NFL
that is why Saban and Meyer get kids. Same as jimbo.

Fact, saban had a top 3 recruiting class after his initial 7 win season. So those kids knew they were winning with the 7 win team that sucked the previous years too?

Btw FSU under coley started recruiting miami a lot more and getting solid guys at first like Rodney smith etc or guys we blew it with like devonta freeman. Once they became great is when they cherry picked. Dalvin cooks grandma will say hello with his multi million dollar contract in a few months.
you're an idiot. randy didn't recruit freeman because he had serious gang issues. you are clueless

Lol at you still missing the entire point of the thread. And I'm sure gang issues is the reason why Randy 'failed' to
Recruit a guy who blew up his senior year ;)

Keep trying though. The bagmen are coming.

Excerpt of an interview that Freeman did a while back. Further clarifying hipsters point. The bagmen are real and if you want elite talent you gotta pay. Maybe Freeman did have serious gang issues but no way Randy wiffed that hard on freeman especially considering he really wanted to be a cane.

"Football was always the escape plan for Freeman, who began playing organized football in fifth grade for a Pop Warner team called the Moore Park Generals.

He always dreamed of playing for the hometown Miami Hurricanes.

As a youth he spent time playing quarterback, and with his athleticism he also excelled on defense. But ever since he first started playing pickup football in the Miami housing projects, Freeman knew he was going to be a running back.

He idolized former 'Canes like Willis McGahee, Frank Gore and Clinton Portis.

"I used to have all them hanging on my wall. I used to just watch them," Freeman said. "I just knew I was going to Miami when I was 11 years old. I'd me like, 'Man, I'm gonna do that.' I used to just be saying that, but I [thought] deep down inside that I wasn't going to make it there. I didn't think I could be that good when I was that age. I just didn't know if I was on that level, but I just kept working."

Advertisement
JJ received a bama offer on October 2015. I'm pretty sure he knew all about them and the facilities etc etc blah blah blah. Still commited to us and talked the U family talk and how this was his dream school. Becomes a top 10 recruit in his position and boom bama is now his favorite while he is committed to us and wears bama gloves.
Not saying we don't play the game either but sec pockets are deeper. loyalty is a luxury item and much more expensive if your from out of state. Don't start with the maybe we cooled off on him.
Don't get me wrong I'm not blaming these kids. Don't know their situation or the pressure they're under.
But put in perspective how much cooper or Ridley was worth to bama, cook to FSU, Watson to Clemson.
To say it's not going on with 5 star recruits is ignorant. To say it's happening to every recruit is childish.
Plus they flip all the time even from top schools. Walker flipped on from bama to noles just before singling day.
But it hurts when so many from our back yard make other schools relevant.
One elite recruit can make a huge difference in a program and we always lose 3-4 a year even some who were committed.
And yes Richards is one of them and we got him. But JJ knows what he did by posting those pics with bama gloves and were all here taking the bait. But these recruits got to also expect backlash and speculation.

Btw FSU under coley started recruiting miami a lot more and getting solid guys at first like Rodney smith etc or guys we blew it with like devonta freeman. Once they became great is when they cherry picked. Dalvin cooks grandma will say hello with his multi million dollar contract in a few months.
you're an idiot. randy didn't recruit freeman because he had serious gang issues. you are clueless

Lol at you still missing the entire point of the thread. And I'm sure gang issues is the reason why Randy 'failed' to

Excerpt of an interview that Freeman did a while back. Further clarifying hipsters point. The bagmen are real and if you want elite talent you gotta pay. Maybe Freeman did have serious gang issues but no way Randy wiffed that hard on freeman especially considering he really wanted to be a cane.

"Football was always the escape plan for Freeman, who began playing organized football in fifth grade for a Pop Warner team called the Moore Park Generals.

As a youth he spent time playing quarterback, and with his athleticism he also excelled on defense. But ever since he first started playing pickup football in the Miami housing projects, Freeman knew he was going to be a running back.

"I used to have all them hanging on my wall. I used to just watch them," Freeman said. "I just knew I was going to Miami when I was 11 years old. I'd me like, 'Man, I'm gonna do that.' I used to just be saying that, but I [thought] deep down inside that I wasn't going to make it there. I didn't think I could be that good when I was that age. I just didn't know if I was on that level, but I just kept working."

Freeman committed to FSU when he was a jr backup to Gainer and listed as a 2* by ESPN and Scout. Rivals didn't even have him evaluated when he committed.

I remember Canestimes was shocked that FSU even offered a 2* backup "scrub." I highly doubt that we were outbid but simply Shannon got caught sleeping at the wheel again for an under the radar recruit...

Freeman committed to FSU when he was a jr backup to Gainer and listed as a 2* by ESPN and Scout. Rivals didn't even have him evaluated when he committed.

I remember Canestimes was shocked that FSU even offered a 2* backup "scrub." I highly doubt that we were outbid but simply Shannon got caught sleeping at the wheel again for an under the radar recruit...
randy never even considered looking at him.

Yeah, think you're right mostly because freeman blew up his senior year. But gott**** when these kids are literally in your backyard how do you not know the who's who of talent....just saying.

Advertisement

Yeah, think you're right mostly because freeman blew up his senior year. But gott**** when these kids are literally in your backyard how do you not know the who's who of talent....just saying.
here's something to look up. How many central kids did Randy bring to Miami? Sad and true, when you see the number. I was told, and I'm not sure if it's true, he never stepped foot on the campus once. Ever

Last edited:

RS thought we were deep enough at RB and wasn't high on Freeman... Freeman was a backup to Gainer he didn't get much burn until his senior year... We had Miller and James as our future with Miller being the star. Then we brought in three 4 star backs highlighted by Storm and Clements.... And lets not gorget he had Duke committed 2 years before he graduated. He thought we was set. I wasn't big on Freeman (still sort of feel our fanbase over hypes him) but the truth is, he was better than every back except Miller and Duke... So it was a miss but when talking about major studs we missed on, I wouldn't put him in the same category as Cook, PP, Cooper, Ridley, or even Skai Moore.

here's something to look up. How many central kids did Randy bring to Miami? Sad and true, when you see the number. I was told, and I'm not sure if it's true, he never stepped foot on the campus once. Ever

Outside of Freeman, how many of those kids were Miami caliber or even above average D1 caliber? RS knew all about that Central team, he just didn't think the players they had to offer was good. Now was he right or wrong is another topic. Majority of the Central team during that time weren't great college players. They were good high school players but weren't much of college players. Freeman was the best one but even he only had 1 good college season where he broke 1k.

Outside of Freeman, how many of those kids were Miami caliber or even above average D1 caliber? RS knew all about that Central team, he just didn't think the players they had to offer was good. Now was he right or wrong is another topic. Majority of the Central team during that time weren't great college players. They were good high school players but weren't much of college players. Freeman was the best one but even he only had 1 good college season where he broke 1k.
Randy was an elitist and lazy. This is just one example of many. I'll never forgive him for putting politics before the program. He will always be donna's *****. Solid evaluator of talent. Much better than most.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You guys sound pathetic. The reason studs like this would leave is because the other programs are better than ours. I'm sure Bama has to pay these kids to decide against choosing us. Have some dignity.
let me help you. saben has a few things going for him that we don't. kirby and jimbo learned from the best. it's a VERY simple set up. asst coaches have "recruiting" bonuses. this money is only for paying cash for kids. it's direct, not traceable and never finds it's way back to the head ball coach. if a coach gets a $200,000 bonus, minus 40% tax, it leaves him 120,000 to give the families. they DO NOT give kids cash. haven't you ever wondered why some programs pay THAT MUCH MORE to their assistants, than other similar programs. they pay just the handlers and families. the town has some very wealthy guys that help family directly after the kids sign. the position coaches are in charge of directing them to said helpers. if you think it's not real and organized, you're just asleep. it's just the way it's always been.

sounds like a lot of speculation and utter bull****. Richt just isn't an elite recruiter.

What are you talking about? I'm mocking the idiots who blame bagmen for the reason that we can't make the most of what we have and lose to garbage teams. Freeman didn't even start until his senior year. He was a major major whiff by the staff who didn't even start recruiting him until late. Then barrow the shady priest tried to get him out of his letter of commitment in the following fall.

You guys are too funny.

We have enough talent to be 6-1 minimum right now. It's our coaching that has been the problem. Stop blaming mythical bagmen. Have some dignity. Lol.

E
You guys sound pathetic. The reason studs like this would leave is because the other programs are better than ours. I'm sure Bama has to pay these kids to decide against choosing us. Have some dignity.

Uhhh, no. Don't ostrich like you do.

Also, when Alabama sucked....how did they stack 4-5 star depth immediately when "other programs were better"..?

If you choose not to deal in reality, please don't demand that other join you in fantasyland.

One day you will notice that "parity" in college football went out the window a while back at it relates to who can $tay the most relevant year in and year out dollar wise...and yes, that includes "active" boosters.

A post with merit would be about UM not cheating as professionally or paying as well, not denying the existence of it...lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Uhhh, no. Don't ostrich like you do.

Also, when Alabama sucked....how did they stack 4-5 star depth immediately when "other programs were better"..?

If you choose not to deal in reality, please don't demand that other join you in fantasyland.

One day you will notice that "parity" in college football went out the window a while back at it relates to who can $tay the most relevant year in and year out dollar wise...and yes, that includes "active" boosters.
Saban hired an amazing staff with great recruiters like lance Thompson, Kevin Steele, etc as soon as he got there. He was. Previous nfl coach of the dolphins who won a national championship at lsu. Not hard to see why guys would want to play for him. He got
Guys in his initial years like Terrence Cody (juco), and three star guys like Mark Ingram as well. Sorry to
Burst your little bubble that he actually has a n eye for talent and knows how to develop them (as well as build a staff).

Keep dreaming and blaming other programs for the reasons why we have been trash since the early part of the century. I'm sure those mythical bagmen have prevented us from winning our crappy division or allowing boat loads of other talent from our region to other non-Alabama programs too. Lol.

Give it up, loser.

You must not be from Miami if you think bagman aren't real. They even have some bagman for Pop warner down here.

SEC recruits have posted pictures with thousands of dollars in cash to social media. How can anyone not think bagman are not real????

Bama only uses "bagmen" now for very special recruits. They were using "bagmen" on about every recruit during the first 2 years of sabens arrival.

Advertisement
Back