STOOPS to FSU (Rumor)

Sounds like a move to make boosters happy and a name for fans to get behind.

All talk has Kendal Briles staying on in a Head Coach In Waiting type role; which makes it sounds like Stoops is coming in for a quick couple of years to bring stability and reset their program.

Mark Richt showed up a tired 55-year old after 15 years at Georgia and he only lasted three years.

Can't imagine a 60-year old Stoops has enough in the tank to go any longer than that before they turn the keys over to Briles .... which makes you wonder why he'd do it, outside of a paycheck as it will take a hot minute for Florida State's sh1tshow to get turned around.

The difference is that Richt stubbornly and foolishly wanted be HC and to run the offense and keep his son as QB/semi OC...

He would have done fine if he just played CEO and hired a good OC and QB coach.

Advertisement
Can you imagine the buyout number Stoops will demand?

It won’t be in dollars he will use Willie Taggarts as currency.

Stoops: “My buyout is 1 Willie Taggart for every season remaining on my contract when/if I am fired”

Booster: “That’s like 100 million dollars”

Stoops: “Uh yeah that’s the point. Also if I get fired after less than 2 seasons I get to become School President.”

Advertisement
I highly doubt Bob Stoops is taking a serious look at FSU, much less coaching college football at all. Dude retired from one of the best gigs in college football for health reasons. Why on earth would he come to Talahassee to oversee a rebuild - and it's not just a talent rebuild; FSU culture is a mess right now. You're talking 2-4 years minimum to get that program upright again.

All talk has Kendal Briles staying on in a Head Coach In Waiting type role; which makes it sounds like Stoops is coming in for a quick couple of years to bring stability and reset their program.

Mark Richt showed up a tired 55-year old after 15 years at Georgia and he only lasted three years.

Can't imagine a 60-year old Stoops has enough in the tank to go any longer than that before they turn the keys over to Briles .... which makes you wonder why he'd do it, outside of a paycheck as it will take a hot minute for Florida State's sh1tshow to get turned around.
This is why I think the Bob Stoops buyout number would be stupidly high. It's a complete rebuild there, and there will be hard times. FSU, and their fans, think they can just win now with a good coach. They are all entitled, spoiled brats, not wanting to make the hard decisions to fix the culture.

Advertisement

Does Mack Brown North Carolina rings a bell to you?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just find me any old *** HC who will be miserable there because this job is going to be a nightmare for somebody

The only thing about this that does not make sense is that we had some "porsters" around CIS saying that he wanted to retire because his dad died way too early.

What has changed the last couple years? Does he not care about his health anymore?
Makes me wonder if there were other issues in Oklahoma that he just needed to get away from and sweep under the rug. (But that is pure speculation on my behalf.)

Advertisement
The only thing about this that does not make sense is that we had some "porsters" around CIS saying that he wanted to retire because his dad died way too early.

What has changed the last couple years? Does he not care about his health anymore?
Makes me wonder if there were other issues in Oklahoma that he just needed to get away from and sweep under the rug. (But that is pure speculation on my behalf.)

Probably just got burned out and needed a break. Health excuse is pretty good because it is hard for people to knock it.

Advertisement
Back