Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Tomorrow will be interesting. We get to see PPI numbers ‘which measures the average changes in prices in primary markets of the US by producers of commodities in all states of processing. Changes in the PPI are widely followed as an indicator of commodity inflation’. We get to see the numbers with and without food and energy.
08:30USDContinuing Jobless Claims(Mar 29)1.817M--1.789M
08:30USDInitial Jobless Claims(Apr 5) TRADE NOW211K-0.70215K222K
08:30USDInitial Jobless Claims 4-week average(Apr 5)214.25K--214.5K
08:30USDProducer Price Index (MoM)(Mar) TRADE NOW0.2% -0.310.3%0.6%
08:30USDProducer Price Index (YoY)(Mar) TRADE NOW2.1% -0.252.2%1.6%
08:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(Mar)0.2% 0.000.2%0.3%
08:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(Mar) TRADE NOW2.4% 0.402.3%2%
PPI MoM down
PPI YoY down
MoM ex food and energy down
YoY ex food and energy up
Initial jobless claims down
Another view on inflation…decent numbers

If you are thinking where to invest. Amazon CEO- ‘AI could be one of the largest technological transformations in decades’.

If you are thinking where to invest. Amazon CEO- ‘AI could be one of the largest technological transformations in decades’.
What does Krugman think? He's usually pretty smart with future trends.

Advertisement

I get it that AI will change the world. I've used it myself as a programmer and walked away thinking we aren't as close as people think. Why? It works great for simple use cases but not complex tasks with tons of variables/use cases. For example: driving a car is 80-90% the same **** but the last 10-20% of use cases are so random that data doesn't exist frequently to help create patterns for AI. Thus, we keep inching toward driverless cars but never get them.

As for investing in AI for big gains, it is easy to invest in the big tech(Nvidia, Tesla, Intel, Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft...) because they are already ahead. The real upside for these could be 10-20 years from now and I'm guessing there is a small cap that is on the verge of something big that will be a major shift in tech that has massive upside. The other way to look at this would be data storage and data centers as AI requires TON of data thus: hardware and software (Nvidia, hard drives, servers, storage software).

I get it that AI will change the world. I've used it myself as a programmer and walked away thinking we aren't as close as people think. Why? It works great for simple use cases but not complex tasks with tons of variables/use cases. For example: driving a car is 80-90% the same **** but the last 10-20% of use cases are so random that data doesn't exist frequently to help create patterns for AI. Thus, we keep inching toward driverless cars but never get them.

As for investing in AI for big gains, it is easy to invest in the big tech(Nvidia, Tesla, Intel, Amazon, Apple, Google, Microsoft...) because they are already ahead. The real upside for these could be 10-20 years from now and I'm guessing there is a small cap that is on the verge of something big that will be a major shift in tech that has massive upside. The other way to look at this would be data storage and data centers as AI requires TON of data thus: hardware and software (Nvidia, hard drives, servers, storage software).
Driverless cars will probably be when 100% of cars are on the program so they can all talk to each other. Not before.

Advertisement

Get it while you can..it’s only going to expand. Personally,I’m waiting for AI ****.

Advertisement

NVDA is crushing it and we are in the 3rd inning here. Broadcom is another great play. All the morons claiming their P/E is too high are nuts. They have no competitors and the announcement of their new chip with software puts them light speed ahead of AMD Intel. meta saying they are going to make chips makes me laugh

Advertisement
Ahhh no.. Novo is CEO of Galaxy... The drug company, I'm constantly buying. Big things from them. They didn't tank. Galaxy dropped 20 %
Got it. Looking for buying opportunity again for novo. Sold around $137. Looking for another entry lol.

I have a Tesla with the Full Self Driving and I turned it off, for the bolded reason.

Advertisement
Back