Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Nio
China is in a bad place with companies like AAPL leaving…however their electric car industry is ahead of ours, but there are restrictions on imports.
I'll agree with you as in a whole EV industry yes. But no one is ahead of Musk. Our ICE companies are fooked. Took too long to change. Look for a major merger between the bigs.

Advertisement
Rejoice at S&P 5000!
I’m getting conservative in my old age. The big older companies seem to be rising faster than the newcomers in so many fields. Yes sometimes you pick a big winner, but slow and steady wins the race. Lately the big companies aren’t moving up slowly. They are pounding the competition. What a run…especially in tech.

I’m getting conservative in my old age. The big older companies seem to be rising faster than the newcomers in so many fields. Yes sometimes you pick a big winner, but slow and steady wins the race. Lately the big companies aren’t moving up slowly. They are pounding the competition. What a run…especially in tech.
Invest in the longterm and invest in large caps. Always beats the bonds.

can anyone explain why someone should invest in the sp500 when it’s rate of growth is almost the same as the m2 supply(4% when factoring in m2)? While I get that it at least keeps you from losing money, it doesn’t actually build a lot wealth. This is coming from someone that has lived off of his spy investment in the past.

the growth to 5000 could simply be getting it back in line with M2. The Fed is shedding assets on its balance sheet which is killing M2 and the 500 is growing thus we should be getting closer to balanced every month.

it seems that real wealth is built privately not via public companies,

Last edited:
Advertisement
Crazy 3 months, my account has increased 36% since November 1st.

And that’s with Tesla holding me back. It has become my #3 holding and maybe become my #4 holding if DWAC continues its trend and gets to $50

Last edited:
Crazy 3 months, my account has increased 36% since November 1st.

And that’s with Tesla holding me back. It has become my #3 holding and maybe become my #4 holding if DWAC continues its trend and gets to $50
I’m up 10% for this year. Don’t have november numbers.
Biggest % loser is Digital Turbine.
Biggest $ loser is Tesla
Biggest % gainer- Nvidia
Biggest $ gainer- Nvidia

Advertisement
Went all in on NVDA a little over two weeks ago and up 21%!

Huge, huge trade for me.
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

can anyone explain why someone should invest in the sp500 when it’s rate of growth is almost the same as the m2 supply(4% when factoring in m2)? While I get that it at least keeps you from losing money, it doesn’t actually build a lot wealth. This is coming from someone that has lived off of his spy investment in the past.

the growth to 5000 could simply be getting it back in line with M2. The Fed is shedding assets on its balance sheet which is killing M2 and the 500 is growing thus we should be getting closer to balanced every month.

Being in the stock market and owning public companies is usually secondary income. Owning VOO or SPY gives an investor diversity, with low fees and usually a better return than fixed income. It’s a great investment for newbies and should be a part of their investment strategy. [401k]. Look up the return for 1 year, 5 years and further out. There is also a small dividend.

Being in the stock market and owning public companies is usually secondary income. Owning VOO or SPY gives an investor diversity, with low fees and usually a better return than fixed income. It’s a great investment for newbies and should be a part of their investment strategy. [401k]. Look up the return for 1 year, 5 years and further out. There is also a small dividend.

Look up the return minus the growth of m2 over the last 25years=4%. Clearly, you missed my point.

Look up the return minus the growth of m2 over the last 25years=4%. Clearly, you missed my point.
If you are talking about the money supply affect on inflation and interest rates, than I haven’t. If not, please explain.
The S&P clearly beats bonds, mm funds, CD’s and cash and is safe passive investment. VOO ans SPY, one year out has returned over 23% this year. That is what I am saying. Of course there are better investments in individual stocks and private investments if you pick the right ones, take more risk or have the funds to do so.

Advertisement
If you are talking about the money supply affect on inflation and interest rates, than I haven’t. If not, please explain.
The S&P clearly beats bonds, mm funds, CD’s and cash and is safe passive investment. VOO ans SPY, one year out has returned over 23% this year. That is what I am saying. Of course there are better investments in individual stocks and private investments if you pick the right ones, take more risk or have the funds to do so.
There is a very good reason why billionaires are happy with a 2% return

Advertisement

That may be so, but the vast majority or people do not have access to non-public investments. If you don’t own your own business and aren’t going through real estate, then what are you left with?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back