08:30USDInitial Jobless Claims(Oct 27)217K1.15210K212K
08:30USDInitial Jobless Claims 4-week average(Oct 27)210K--208K
08:30USDNonfarm Productivity(Q3) PREL 4.7% -4.2%3.5%
08:30USDUnit Labor Costs(Q3) PREL -0.8% -1.200.7%2.2%
Interesting…
jobless claims up
non-farm productivity up
labor costs down
I don’t think we see any rate hikes this year..

Where? From everything I have seen (mostly SOUTHEAST) occupancy and rates are still very strong. Only location that I have seen recent weakness is Atlanta, due to over construction.

Still trending lower.

Still trending lower.

Thats national, and I am referring to the Sun Belt, although the rate of increases has fallen for sure and some cities in the sun belt are overbuilt (Atlanta e.g.). South Florida rents as an example, are still torrid.

Advertisement
Thats national, and I am referring to the Sun Belt, although the rate of increases has fallen for sure and some cities in the sun belt are overbuilt (Atlanta e.g.). South Florida rents as an example, are still torrid.
Even on a national level we are talking a 1.2% drop so…still torrid.

More apartments will drive rent down some and could drive home buying demand down as the cost of rent drops compared to home ownership.

Advertisement
personally, buying now isn’t a bad thing. My first home was in 2003 or 2004. Rates were 6.75-7%.
It’s not so much the rates the homes aren’t worth it in my eyes. Can build new for what these old outdated homes are asking.

I sold my house pandemic before it sky rocketed.. I’m not paying taxes on a home for 800k+ that isn’t worth it let alone a 5-6k mortgage. Most homes that were 5-600k are now 900k-1.2million where I am in Martin county.

It’s not so much the rates the homes aren’t worth it in my eyes. Can build new for what these old outdated homes are asking.

I sold my house pandemic before it sky rocketed.. I’m not paying taxes on a home for 800k+ that isn’t worth it let alone a 5-6k mortgage. Most homes that were 5-600k are now 900k-1.2million where I am in Martin county.

home prices don’t normally fall and I wouldn’t expect them to fall with the lack of supply. Thus, I would build new. In fact, I’m in the process myself

Yet a new home will sell for a lot more money than that old house that you already say is too expensive. That’s just what others are willing to pay.

Advertisement

Martin used to be a hidden gem. Not anymore.

Down $49 a month from last year. Certainly not an increase.

Miami down 0.8% from last month. I suspect the trend continues.

Last edited:
I can only pray, I’m tired of waiting to buy a house but not foolish enough to buy right now.
Same here. But it is true not only concerning buying houses but also buying any other sort of assets like, say, stocks. I still believe that we are going to witness recession and s&p500 will go down to 3500 or even lower.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back