Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I just saw Musk basically saying that he’s going to say what he wants, even if it cost him money.
I guess he doesn’t care about his investors.

Advertisement
I just saw Musk basically saying that he’s going to say what he wants, even if it cost him money.
I don’t even represent billions in assets and I don’t share all of my opinions online. Somethings are best left to private conversation.

Remember that earlier in this thread you criticized energy companies for thinking of their shareholders first.

BTW, Elon owns roughly 25% of Tesla, and together with his buddies own roughly 1/3.

Wow Nvidia headed back near ATH.

1684431704373.jpeg

Advertisement
If you're referencing his Soros comments, he's just stating what everyone already knows. That good old George is a far left defend the police nut. Probably not necessary to say it, but refreshing to hear.

And, I doubt many politically inclined investors are going to change their Tesla purchase plans.

LOL, really man. The guy has been one of the most polarizing figures for how long now? He farts in the wind and makes mountains move . If an investor is oblivious to that, I would say that is on the investor.

Advertisement
If you're referencing his Soros comments, he's just stating what everyone already knows. That good old George is a far left defend the police nut. Probably not necessary to say it, but refreshing to hear.

And, I doubt many politically inclined investors are going to change their Tesla purchase plans.

Chris Farley Hello GIF

The "opposite day" named Inflation Reduction act has a huge EV loophole - if a car is leased (not purchased), it still qualifies for the tax credit. So if Tesla decides to import cars from its China giga factory and sell them only thru leases, they would still qualify.

My understanding (not sure though) is also that cars EV's built in Mexico and Canada also qualify for the EV credit.

The above is part of the reason Joe Munchkin has been railing against the act and Biden, he purportedly feels betrayed.
EVs must be built in North America and contain a certain increasing threshold by year of Battery components to qualify for $3,750, and a certain increasing threshold by year of Battery Minerals to qualify for another $3,750. Those are for the consumer. Manufacturers of Battery cells qualify for a certain $/GWh produced in the US.

Batteries are the new oil. This is how we secure Battery production in the US.

The lease thing is a real loophole right now though.

EVs must be built in North America and contain a certain increasing threshold by year of Battery components to qualify for $3,750, and a certain increasing threshold by year of Battery Minerals to qualify for another $3,750. Those are for the consumer. Manufacturers of Battery cells qualify for a certain $/GWh produced in the US.

Batteries are the new oil. This is how we secure Battery production in the US.

The lease thing is a real loophole right now though.

Leasing is not the only loophole

Advertisement
On the debt limit, Republicans are telling McCarthy to end talks and Dems are telling Biden to pass it without Republicans. It’s good that both sides are unhappy. Biden said if they reached a compromise and some Republicans do not want to pass it, then there will be enough Dems to help pass it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yahoo news..today
Federal Reserve Chair Jay Powell said Friday future decisions on interest rate moves will be made on a "meeting by meeting" basis after an aggressive campaign.

interdasting.

When is the public going to see both budgets? Right now 70% of voters do not want to see a default. Dems and Republicans are blaming each other and the pubic has no idea what each budget proposal contains.
More proof that we have a broken government that believes we are too stupid to understand even black and white issues. It’s insulting. I’m sure that both sides have big donors nervous.

When is the public going to see both budgets? Right now 70% of voters do not want to see a default. Dems and Republicans are blaming each other and the pubic has no idea what each budget proposal contains.
More proof that we have a broken government that believes we are too stupid to understand even black and white issues. It’s insulting. I’m sure that both sides have big donors nervous.
This is perhaps your most salient comment ever.

Advertisement
Back