Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Shhhhh!!! Hear that? It's the deafening silence of all those L1beRtAriaNs in Silicon Valley. Government shouldn't pick winners and loserssss derp derp derppppp!!!!

Kinda cute how Peter Thiel's fund somehow managed to pull all of their money out before SVB's collapse too. That dude has perfect timing- almost akin to someone that would be pumping up crypto to the dupes of the public as he's dumping it all himself.

Again, the regulators failed. Again, there were opportunities to reinstate the regulations.

You're still seeing this through a partisan lens. The point is that leadership failed us at every turn. That could be by removing regulations or failing to put them in place if necessary. The simple fact is there were some measures in place to supposedly prevent this and the regulators failed to properly do their job. Would it have mattered what regulations were in place if the regulators are too incompetent to follow them? There is a single point of failure here and the lack of redundancy and checks and balances should be disturbing to anyone not looking for a partisan axe to grind.

The people responsible for ensuring the integrity of our banking system are not doing so.

Management failed, the regulators failed, the BOD failed (Barney freakin Frank!), the internal auditors failed, the external auditors, et al. If it wasnt so serious, it would be comical.

Again, the regulators failed. Again, there were opportunities to reinstate the regulations.

You're still seeing this through a partisan lens. The point is that leadership failed us at every turn. That could be by removing regulations or failing to put them in place if necessary. The simple fact is there were some measures in place to supposedly prevent this and the regulators failed to properly do their job. Would it have mattered what regulations were in place if the regulators are too incompetent to follow them? There is a single point of failure here and the lack of redundancy and checks and balances should be disturbing to anyone not looking for a partisan axe to grind.

The people responsible for ensuring the integrity of our banking system are not doing so.

Advertisement
Honestly about 10 banks might fall in the next 2 weeks,

If youre bank is not a top 5 bank i would take some cash out to be safe not alot just to get by for a few days.
I'd say any over $250B but you never know how badly our regulators failed us yet again. When do these criminals who have now been involved in two sets of bank runs get to see bars?!

Advertisement
The 10yr yield is already 3.5% which means 30-year mortgages should be down to 6-6.2% again thus warming the real estate market again. Banks may increase the spread due to the risks in the market right now. The FED raising rates may cause the 10 year to increase some.

Foxes in charge of the henhouse
Do you mean the lack of Congressional oversight on the CFPB? I agree, but what does that have to do with this? The argument has supposedly been that raising the threshold of regulation from $50 billion to $250 billion was the problem.

None of which accounts for other Fed and CA regulators not catching this. Instead of worrying about how you can use this politically, maybe worry about how it's going to hurt the rest of the country.

The 10yr yield is already 3.5% which means 30-year mortgages should be down to 6-6.2% again thus warming the real estate market again. Banks may increase the spread due to the risks in the market right now. The FED raising rates may cause the 10 year to increase some.

My concern for a long time has been stagflation.....

Do you mean the lack of Congressional oversight on the CFPB? I agree, but what does that have to do with this? The argument has supposedly been that raising the threshold of regulation from $50 billion to $250 billion was the problem.

None of which accounts for other Fed and CA regulators not catching this. Instead of worrying about how you can use this politically, maybe worry about how it's going to hurt the rest of the country.
This isn't the time for the thoughts and prayers playbook. The regulators who failed and the parties involved in dismantling regulations should be put on notice so that corrective action can be taken. Line them up on a wall. R's and D's.

Advertisement
My concern for a long time has been stagflation.....
I'm not sure I'm concerned about it but I do think we are in a stagflation period of 3-6 years. If they simply stabilize money supply around 5-10% growth vs 70% then negative 10% (cycles), we likely get past this ugly period in 3 years or less. Instead, the FED is likely to hike causing -10% or worse followed by dropping rates leading to cause >10% growth...

This isn't the time for the thoughts and prayers playbook. The regulators who failed and the parties involved in dismantling regulations should be put on notice so that corrective action can be taken. Line them up on a wall. R's and D's.
Frank goes first!

There's a zero percent chance anyone will ever be held to account. It's just not the way public sector works. Fix that first.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I'm concerned about it but I do think we are in a stagflation period of 3-6 years. If they simply stabilize money supply around 5-10% growth vs 70% then negative 10% (cycles), we likely get past this ugly period in 3 years or less. Instead, the FED is likely to hike causing -10% or worse followed by dropping rates leading to cause >10% growth...

I am not implying its a high probability, but as time goes on, the possibility grows and grows.

Since we are discussing Stocks, anyone buying bank/brokerage stocks that have been hammered by association? Schwab for example has 80% insured holdings of $7T assets yet the stock price has dropped from $80 to 50ish with PE around $16. I have a funny feeling we could see lower lows as more banks (First Republic) fail but this is an interesting stock to watch.

Advertisement
Back