Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
It might go down some more.
It could be im long term. I don’t mind. It’s at a 52 week low. I’m not greedy. That’s my number 1 holding. #2 and #3 are microsoft and apple.

They lowered the price of vehicles in China. What the media didn’t say it’s because Tesla would be eligible for a tax credit in China. Once they announced the price cut the Tesla website crashed on how many people were ordering Teslas online

It could be im long term. I don’t mind. It’s at a 52 week low. I’m not greedy. That’s my number 1 holding. #2 and #3 are microsoft and apple.

They lowered the price of vehicles in China. What the media didn’t say it’s because Tesla would be eligible for a tax credit in China. Once they announced the price cut the Tesla website crashed on how many people were ordering Teslas online
I own it also.

It'll rocket back up. A little Elon humour.

Advertisement
CNBC
Janet Yellen said we are winning the war on inflation
Goldman Sachs says the chance of recession is down to 35%
Oil prices will continue to drop.
analysts says that inflation is stubborn because wages are up…[makes sense]
Home prices down bigly. Imo the commodities used to build home are dropping too.

CNBC
Home prices down bigly. Imo the commodities used to build home are dropping too.
1666706640595.png

So. How does GM make over $2 billion last quarter if we're in a recession? All with price and interest rates way up.

I believe UPS made over $1 billion. Coke made billions.

I'm sure the oil companies will make several billions once again.

Advertisement
So. How does GM make over $2 billion last quarter if we're in a recession? All with price and interest rates way up.

I believe UPS made over $1 billion. Coke made billions.

I'm sure the oil companies will make several billions once again.
Plenty of companies and even whole industries have stayed in the black during recessions.

But.. those type of businesses?
With the chip shortage, demand for vehicles is still high. People are having more things delivered than ever before now that they've discovered how easy it is during Covid. Coke's stock has been down, but restaurants are still doing pretty well post-covid and that accounts for a significant amount of sales.

There's more to a recession than just a lack of profit. These things do get compartmentalized. When we had the Great Recession and several years of anemic housing industry activity down here, the market was acting like nothing had really changed up in New England. I had a relative selling storm windows who hardly saw a dip in sales. Down here in FL, the industry was crushed.

CNBC
So all the people who have been wrong on the economy for the past 6 years are hopeful?

Advertisement
With the chip shortage, demand for vehicles is still high. People are having more things delivered than ever before now that they've discovered how easy it is during Covid. Coke's stock has been down, but restaurants are still doing pretty well post-covid and that accounts for a significant amount of sales.

There's more to a recession than just a lack of profit. These things do get compartmentalized. When we had the Great Recession and several years of anemic housing industry activity down here, the market was acting like nothing had really changed up in New England. I had a relative selling storm windows who hardly saw a dip in sales. Down here in FL, the industry was crushed.
During the Great Recession we had to bail out banks. Now banks are making a killing.
because of the housing industry tanking, I may get my Pergo flooring. :75ebf9ecd:

Advertisement
From an ML Research piece on the midterms:

Split government = non-event for equities We believe a split government is largely priced into equities, particularly as little event risk has been priced into the volatility market. Historically, a split government under a Democrat president has been the best set-up for equities, with average annual returns of +16%.

The least likely scenario of a Democratic sweep would be the least favorable for equities, in our view, likely resulting in a knee-jerk sell-off (no gridlock = risk of higher taxes / policy uncertainty).

From an ML Research piece on the midterms:

Split government = non-event for equities We believe a split government is largely priced into equities, particularly as little event risk has been priced into the volatility market. Historically, a split government under a Democrat president has been the best set-up for equities, with average annual returns of +16%.

The least likely scenario of a Democratic sweep would be the least favorable for equities, in our view, likely resulting in a knee-jerk sell-off (no gridlock = risk of higher taxes / policy uncertainty).
Guess I gotta temper my expectations with the red tsunami that is coming.

thats still a split government (since Brandon is still there)
Yes that’s what I mean. They are saying that it will be a nonevent if there is a split government as it’s already priced in.

I was hoping we rally if we take the house and senate.

Advertisement
Back