Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

We won’t see another elimination of the deficit in our lifetimes if we don’t agree that both spending cuts and tax hikes are necessary.
Hasn’t it been shown that tax cuts actually help increase the economy and government still takes in more money?

Advertisement
Good point, but the Fed has this one weapon, and it will kill the economy and cause pain. We need to cut spending and add revenue. None of which Congress wants to do. Some of the bills that were passed, takes years to bring to fruition, like the infrastructure bill. Where do we cut, that won’t cause major hurt and how do we increase revenue without fairness?

@TheEye

I already wrote what little effect taxing billionaires has, there is only one solution, cut spending. Raising taxes is a Jim Croce line, you are spitting into the wind.

Its not what either party wants, and especially the Communists on the left want to keep spending, because it makes the population dependent on them.

Hasn’t it been shown that tax cuts actually help increase the economy and government still takes in more money?
Increase the economy? That’s a completely different subject now, isn’t it?

I think you just proved my point.

I was talking about REDUCING inflation NOT contributing to it.

Advertisement
@TheEye

I already wrote what little effect taxing billionaires has, there is only one solution, cut spending. Raising taxes is a Jim Croce line, you are spitting into the wind.

Its not what either party wants, and especially the Communists on the left want to keep spending, because it makes the population dependent on them.
Once you give something, it’s hard to take it away.

With the S&P at 3700, I think we have a better chance of hitting 4000 rather than 3300.
Bear Mkt. Rally.
A lot of stocks are not affected by rising rates

Last edited:
Once you give something, it’s hard to take it away.
The problem is there's never any introspection to actually spend responsibly. How many reports of wasteful spending have we seen where dozens of duplicate programs are out there. There are tons of NEA and NIH grants that do not need to be spent, at least until things get under control.

Increase the economy? That’s a completely different subject now, isn’t it?

I think you just proved my point.

I was talking about REDUCING inflation NOT contributing to it.
Are you saying a thriving economy has to have massive inflation? The inflation would probably be more due to a restricted economy where there aren’t enough goods nor competition to keep costs down.

Advertisement
The problem is there's never any introspection to actually spend responsibly. How many reports of wasteful spending have we seen where dozens of duplicate programs are out there. There are tons of NEA and NIH grants that do not need to be spent, at least until things get under control.
These government posts should be filled with mgt. that has private sector experience.
Unfortunately the system is built for pork which leads to donations to Congress. Only term limits would stop it, but who would vote that that..lol

These government posts should be filled with mgt. that has private sector experience.
Unfortunately the system is built for pork which leads to donations to Congress. Only term limits would stop it, but who would vote that that..lol
Supposedly a convention of states is close to getting enough states together to start a process for states to impose limits on the federal government.

I pray we get there.

Are you saying a thriving economy has to have massive inflation? The inflation would probably be more due to a restricted economy where there aren’t enough goods nor competition to keep costs down.
I’m saying that in an inflationary environment, anything contributing to a growing economy is adding fuel to the fire.

Advertisement
CNBC is saying the Fed will raise rates 75 bps, in November, than afterwards 50. If that’s so, it’s probably why we have a good day, as the market doesn’t like uncertainty and the market has, hopefully, priced these hikes in.
50 shows we are seeing inflation going down.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's what the Fed is trying to do..
I understand. I also realize that they have been tasked with it when they have one tool because the government has decided it has absolutely zero self control no matter how much it hurts people. I can still think there are better options and we would be much better off without the strangleholds on supply and the government overspending.

I understand. I also realize that they have been tasked with it when they have one tool because the government has decided it has absolutely zero self control no matter how much it hurts people. I can still think there are better options and we would be much better off without the strangleholds on supply and the government overspending.
Unfortunately, the Fed, kept interest rates too low and monetary easing too long. Add covid and Ukraine and we have a clusterfuq.

now is not the time to own Chinese stocks, for obvious reasons..:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

watching Tesla.

Last edited:
I think we go up from here and 2023 is going to be big.
all this recession news and we are going up..

Advertisement
Back