Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

To clarify, I am speaking only on economics, not financial pain on individuals. The reason your 401k is going down is because of the fear of current and future inflation. Inflation simply means that demand exceeds supply, so prices go up, and its a huge enemy of most people. If we have $6 a gallon gasoline, as JPM is predicting, that hurts the vast majority of Americans. Elon Musk, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates couldnt give a ****.

Food, energy and shelter are the three biggest expenses of most individuals. Successive governments have generally effed this up, and the current administration is comprised of economic idiots. For example, the war on oil discourages oil firms from drilling, so you end up with tight oil supplies and possible shortages, which lead to inflation. Remember who is hurt the most from inflation?

Then the administration is pushing EV's, which are expensive, so the buyers are typically the wealthy. The government also hands out $7,500 tax credit, which again helps the wealthy, not the vast majority of Americans. Since there are shortages of the materials needed to make the batteries, EV prices have gone way up, which is inflationary. Who gets hurt the most from inflation?

Hope that helps.
President Biden can calm down inflation tomorrow if he changes course on his energy policies.

Cutting back on unnecessary regulations, reinstating oil and gas leases and the keystones pipeline.

He could also have Michigan Governor Whitmere back off on shutting down the pipeline that runs from Canada thru her state (600,000 barrels a day). If she is allowed to do this watch out inflation.

Advertisement
There are already layoffs. My company is coming if it’s “best year” and an amazing quarter and we are facing layoffs. Excuse me, they calling it business unit hygiene. I’m probably ****ed.
I've been there a couple of times myself. I hope you make it through.

Well you got me there ,

Just thinking here , so raising rates is to slow down everyone from purchasing by making money expensive therefore inflation ease down do to low purchases.

Remember, I’m like millions of Americans who put trust in the nation’s economists to do what’s right.
So if I was thinking before all this in making a large purchase and now rates increasing us middle class says nope to expensive not now.

Is this what is in getting out of inflation means?

I just looked at my 401K and it lost thousands ?

One thing I do know very soon us middle class will only buy essentials and nothing else , then stores and companies will start laying us all off.

Your thoughts
seems correct to me

Advertisement
To clarify, I am speaking only on economics, not financial pain on individuals. The reason your 401k is going down is because of the fear of current and future inflation. Inflation simply means that demand exceeds supply, so prices go up, and its a huge enemy of most people. If we have $6 a gallon gasoline, as JPM is predicting, that hurts the vast majority of Americans. Elon Musk, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates couldnt give a ****.

Food, energy and shelter are the three biggest expenses of most individuals. Successive governments have generally effed this up, and the current administration is comprised of economic idiots. For example, the war on oil discourages oil firms from drilling, so you end up with tight oil supplies and possible shortages, which lead to inflation. Remember who is hurt the most from inflation?

Then the administration is pushing EV's, which are expensive, so the buyers are typically the wealthy. The government also hands out $7,500 tax credit, which again helps the wealthy, not the vast majority of Americans. Since there are shortages of the materials needed to make the batteries, EV prices have gone way up, which is inflationary. Who gets hurt the most from inflation?

Hope that helps.
Thank you appreciate help 🎯

You clarified well , I’m just trying to get a grip on this mess our leadership in this country has made and we’re all given the invoice that’s PASS DUE.

Okay, what do you predict the markets will do for the rest of the year? How much more to the downside?
Remember what they say about opinions....the risks continue to be to the downside (I posted some of them earlier). So be patient until at least some risks go away or we get some positive catalysts. Also, focus on solid companies with great balance sheets, think of the '70s, not about most of the stuff discussed in this thread.

Advertisement
Okay, what do you predict the markets will do for the rest of the year? How much more to the downside?
I believe the Nasdaq is down over 20+% so we have given back last years gains. The Dow and the S&P are down 15-18%.
We still have high employment and demand. The world is experiencing supply issues too, so right now higher interest rates are needed to lessen consumption. The catch 22 is that companies are lowering projections and are dropping in value. This doesn’t necessarily mean a recession. It will be interesting to see what consumers will be spending on during the summer months. I’m still nibbling at companies that are loaded with cash like AAPL, but I’m not buying large amounts. That said, it’s hard and painful to look at the loses at the end of the day. ….

I believe the Nasdaq is down over 20+% so we have given back last years gains. The Dow and the S&P are down 15-18%.
We still have high employment and demand. The world is experiencing supply issues too, so right now higher interest rates are needed to lessen consumption. The catch 22 is that companies are lowering projections and are dropping in value. This doesn’t necessarily mean a recession. It will be interesting to see what consumers will be spending on during the summer months. I’m still nibbling at companies that are loaded with cash like AAPL, but I’m not buying large amounts. That said, it’s hard and painful to look at the loses at the end of the day. ….
I'm 100% cash, except for Galaxy.

Advertisement
When does the bi-partisan $1 trillion infrastructure bill kick in? I have seen nothing.

Don't need to catch the bottom and have big losses.

I'm fortunate. Well diversified across many asset classes - free and clear on my RE holdings.
If that’s how you feel then good for you. This possible recession is not anywhere near what happened when W was leaving office. Banks had to be propped up by the government and the S&P hit 666.
If I would of held my stocks back then, and not sold , I would be $300,000 richer.
It not a matter of if the mkt will pop up but when.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If that’s how you feel then good for you. This possible recession is not anywhere near what happened when W was leaving office. Banks had to be propped up by the government and the S&P hit 666.
If I would of held my stocks back then, and not sold , I would be $300,000 richer.
It not a matter of if the mkt will pop up but when.
Gotcha. I'm on another off the grid adventure soon and I don't want to be caught long.

Advertisement
Back