Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I am a dumb poor that has a hard time understanding or even conceptualizing this crypto ****. But having read a lot of these porsts I am following the Luna thing.

The 17-19% interest returns that CE was touting for Luna or terra or ust. Are the people who did that the ones I’m reading about staking and couldn’t sell on the way down and lost it all?
Basically. Luna is currently trading at a penny, down 99.9% from its ATH.

Advertisement
I am a dumb poor that has a hard time understanding or even conceptualizing this crypto ****. But having read a lot of these porsts I am following the Luna thing.

The 17-19% interest returns that CE was touting for Luna or terra or ust. Are the people who did that the ones I’m reading about staking and couldn’t sell on the way down and lost it all?
It sucks too because nobody could have predicted this would happen in the way it did. There is talk about some high level firms having involvement in the collapse as well. I'm not sure if that was brought up yet

MULN - Mullen Automotive -- Releases Prelim Results Q2

Positive Cash on Hand from share issuance - $65 million cash on hand now
Reduced Debt
Increased Assets - Over $100 million now
Reduced Tax Liabilities - Down from $4.2M to $2.8M

Reservations for MULLEN FIVE have more than doubled.

Stocks are hurt by rate hikes.
Cash is hurt by inflation.
Real Estate may be slowing but still growing.
I paid down most of my ARM on an investment condo in Jan with stock selling.
Rent is still a promising source of income.

I am assuming about 2 years of Fed meetings before they stop raising rates.

Assume 1/4 percentage point hike being good news as opposed to the 1/2 percentage point hike we saw. May see a bounce up for stocks if the Fed is more doveish than predicted. Sell the dead cat bounce. Put in buy orders after the panic sell.

Assume 1/4 percentage point hike being good news as opposed to the 1/2 percentage point hike we saw. May see a bounce up for stocks if the Fed is more doveish than predicted. Sell the dead cat bounce. Put in buy orders after the panic sell.
I'm looking at a 70k profit off of a house I bought and lived in for three years. The housing market is insane and there is no way it can sustain itself at these current prices. This is a house in Alabama mind you, not some large metropolis area.

Advertisement
I'm looking at a 70k profit off of a house I bought and lived in for three years. The housing market is insane and there is no way it can sustain itself at these current prices. This is a house in Alabama mind you, not some large metropolis area.
I built a house in Punta Gorda last year for $312,500, and moved in in December. Granted, I have added a pool now, but I could list my home for at least $650,000, and likely $700,000. My neighbor is putting their on the market for $550,000, 1 less bedroom, 20 years old, and 700 sq ft smaller. The real estate market here is absurd.

Where in Alabama? I had a home in Prattville for a couple years.

I built a house in Punta Gorda last year for $312,500, and moved in in December. Granted, I have added a pool now, but I could list my home for at least $650,000, and likely $700,000. My neighbor is putting their on the market for $550,000, 1 less bedroom, 20 years old, and 700 sq ft smaller. The real estate market here is absurd.

Where in Alabama? I had a home in Prattville for a couple years.
Over in Phenix City near Ft. Benning. I am moving to San Bernadino county for my next duty station, but I wont be buying in this market. I have a feeling that it will all come down soon and I dont want to be caught on the wrong side of it.

Over in Phenix City near Ft. Benning. I am moving to San Bernadino county for my next duty station, but I wont be buying in this market. I have a feeling that it will all come down soon and I dont want to be caught on the wrong side of it.
I think it is best to buy when mortgage rates rise above 7%. Pay down the mortgage early or possibly refinance if the rates drop. These low rates are still way below historic average.
I don’t expect a housing collapse, but the rising prices have plateaued a bit. Some asking prices are dropping from the original listing.
Again, don’t expect a bubble pop here, but the air’s being slowly let out of the balloon.

Advertisement
I had a 120% profit on my home in 5 years in East Tennessee. This market experiences very low fluctuations normally, but this time it’s even reached the outlying areas here. Bonkers.

Advertisement
But calm that down. I hope to move there in 5 years or so.
Fast And Furious Mia GIF by The Fast Saga

Oh absolutely. They’ve almost single handedly destroyed the market. locals can’t compete with a cash offer that’s 30k over asking.
Was in Chattanooga with some friends last weekend. They were complaining about this exact thing. Even a big market like Atlanta has felt this, with buyers from
CA, DC, NY, MA, etc.

We generally agree, except that I think that with the Fed at 1% and inflation at 8%, they need to raise a full point now,

Advertisement
Was in Chattanooga with some friends last weekend. They were complaining about this exact thing. Even a big market like Atlanta has felt this, with buyers from
CA, DC, NY, MA, etc.

You have heard me on this topic before. The core issues are: folks dont want to live in cold climates/high tax states/anti business states, and we have chronically underbuilt residential housing ever since the Great Recession. Since those two megatrends arent changing any time soon.......

On a related topic, most Class B and higher rental buildings in the sun belt are running in the upper 90's in occupancy, which is why rents have risen so much, there is no place to move to. The reason for the run on houses is that builders for many years have built studios and 1-2 bedroom apts. So if someone has a large family and doesnt want to buy, they are forced to either rent two apartments or rent a house.

Last edited:
I wonder if that has to do with the mass exodus of homesteaders from Cali. I know a bunch that moved to eastern Tennessee.

Californians are moving mostly to nearby states, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, etc. Some are moving to the southeast. The allure of Tennessee is no state income tax, so they save 13.3% on both active and passive income.

We generally agree, except that I think that with the Fed at 1% and inflation at 8%, they need to raise a full point now,
I think fear of the Fed and inflation is going to help. .5 may be enough for the next meeting.

Advertisement
Back