Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Thanks for your charts on major US calamities and the subsequent rebounds. I've shown that to many friends, and they're glad I did.

My pleasure. But please note that it was particular to "invasions" not "US calamities."

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 10.41.18 AM.png

Advertisement
Not answering the above question....but...if you're looking for a good high risk astronomical reward stock...

MULN. Been day trading it for a month. Broke first resistance level today. Personal opinion...only a matter of time til it regains what it lost since Nov and goes even further.

Advertisement
That depends on what sort of portfolio you have. Is 50k going to be a tiny percent or a large percent of your entire investment portfolio?
It's a generic question. My brother in law is selling all of his DVC contracts and in that discussion, he was saying it's difficult to know where to leave it for a couple of years.

It's just money that will be sitting idle for a while until he uses it to build a shop on his property.

Cryptical are you still in CELO? I was thinking of selling out of my position in it and buying more LUNA.
Yes. I sold 10% in the $8’s when it popped over $10 to buy more LUNA when it was maybe in the 30s but yes. We saw how it can pop. I think it’s legit and I’m being patient with it.

My contact there left and even while I think it’s legit and will go, I swapped all my Celo for $rune and $magic as I think they have a better chance to go parabolic than Celo at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's a generic question. My brother in law is selling all of his DVC contracts and in that discussion, he was saying it's difficult to know where to leave it for a couple of years.

It's just money that will be sitting idle for a while until he uses it to build a shop on his property.
If he needs the money in a couple years then I'd consider a good dividend stock. Altria (MO) pays a 7% dividend and, they'be been raising the dividend every year for 50 years. While a lot of stocks are still down YTD, Altria is up 7.5%.

The bulk of their business is still tobacco, but their big into vaping and own part of Abinbev.

The reason I ask is because it depends on how large his portfolio is already. For instance if he has 1 million invested and he just sold one of his positions. Then it wouldn't be a bad idea finding a particular company he thinks will grow in the next couple of years and throw his 50k into that stock. Or if he thinks a particular sector will grow over the next couple of years then find an ETF that mirrors it and throw that 50k into that. Depending on the stock/sector I would most likely dollar cost average into it.

Now lets say most of ones money is in cash/real estate/etc. and this 50k is going to be the only stock investment. I personally, wouldn't throw it all into one stock. I would pick 10+ stocks/etfs/etc. and dollar cost average into those positions.

Advertisement
Cheers!

Do you think this is a standard run up to earnings? Big volume has me thinking Bitgo, uplist and maybe more?

Zero idea. It's so thin, and so many different entities have tried to manipulate it over the last year, I don't get too granular.

Could easily be a short squeeze, could be a whale(s) dipping his balls, could be a momentum trade, could be inside info that either BitGo or uplist is about to pop... or it could just be the market starting to find it/figure out how undervalued it is as Novo has been on TV a bunch lately... you know I'm big time zoom out on Galaxy. I'm not in this for a 3x.

The reason I ask is because it depends on how large his portfolio is already. For instance if he has 1 million invested and he just sold one of his positions. Then it wouldn't be a bad idea finding a particular company he thinks will grow in the next couple of years and throw his 50k into that stock. Or if he thinks a particular sector will grow over the next couple of years then find an ETF that mirrors it and throw that 50k into that. Depending on the stock/sector I would most likely dollar cost average into it.

Now lets say most of ones money is in cash/real estate/etc. and this 50k is going to be the only stock investment. I personally, wouldn't throw it all into one stock. I would pick 10+ stocks/etfs/etc. and dollar cost average into those positions.
That's the first time I've seen dollar cost averaging used here. That deserves two thumbs up.

That's the first time I've seen dollar cost averaging used here. That deserves two thumbs up.
That is what I would do personally if I was in either of those positions. Once he decides which of the 2 routes he is going to take, I could go further into detail. Because if this is money he really wants for his shop and he throws it all into 1 stock. Even if its a "good" stock, a lot can happen in 2-3 years.

That is what I would do personally if I was in either of those positions. Once he decides which of the 2 routes he is going to take, I could go further into detail. Because if this is money he really wants for his shop and he throws it all into 1 stock. Even if its a "good" stock, a lot can happen in 2-3 years.
Knowing him, he'll buy something to flip, like cars from the auction.

I keep trying to encourage him to actually invest, but I can't be too judgemental, he's doing quite well for himself.

Advertisement
Back