Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
With the bond market (and other areas) flashing danger signs....

Amigo, a few takes from this am on the bond market. Certainly some divergent views, but its good to see a thesis or two as well that dovetail with what I've been thinking (hoping:) )?

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.17.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 9.17.50 AM.png

@Cryptical Envelopment

Thanks for the write up. The market is indeed in a goldilocks scenario, and on a macro level is certainly going against what the bond market is flashing, but below the surface, what is working best now is not the reopening stocks, we are back to large cap tech, Covid stocks like Docu, etc., and not energy, materials, copper, wood, industrials, etc. I lightened up this week for me and my clients.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Loaded up on CELH, AMD, VFF , and PENN calls in the last week.

Dipping my toe into options. Shouldve done this sooner.
Added some more apple and Google. Was planning on some AMD too, and then it went up 8% or whatever. Good problem to have as a holder. I shall hold. Still thinking of adding some DKNG in the near future as well.

Added some more apple and Google. Was planning on some AMD too, and then it went up 8% or whatever. Good problem to have as a holder. I shall hold. Still thinking of adding some DKNG in the near future as well.
AMD is stringing together some monster quarters, they're overdue. Intel just continues to fall on their face. DNKG is looking attractive heading into FB season.

AMD is stringing together some monster quarters, they're overdue. Intel just continues to fall on their face. DNKG is looking attractive heading into FB season.
Was talking with a friend about this, but what do you think AMD can hit as a market cap? Right now, its about 117b with a 39 PE ratio. Nvda is 485b with a 91 PE ratio. But their earnings seem to keep rising and rising. Seems like there is a lot of room to run still.

Advertisement
Was talking with a friend about this, but what do you think AMD can hit as a market cap? Right now, its about 117b with a 39 PE ratio. Nvda is 485b with a 91 PE ratio. But their earnings seem to keep rising and rising. Seems like there is a lot of room to run still.

With both companies still trying to complete mergers it's really hard to tell. The one thing that puts a cap on AMD long term for me is the eventual death of X86 architecture. Nvidia is poised to lead the race to switch to ARM architecture. Looking too far into the future with semiconductors is tough though, Moore's law always brings opportunities for innovation.

With both companies still trying to complete mergers it's really hard to tell. The one thing that puts a cap on AMD long term for me is the eventual death of X86 architecture. Nvidia is poised to lead the race to switch to ARM architecture. Looking too far into the future with semiconductors is tough though, Moore's law always brings opportunities for innovation.

Are you worried about Apple producing their own silicon and how it might affect the stand-alone chip makers?

Are you worried about Apple producing their own silicon and how it might affect the stand-alone chip makers?
The M1 in it's current form as far as I know isn't designed to compete for data center, gaming, or crypto mining market share. Apple has never targeted any of those in the past but who knows what future generations of Apple ARM chips bring. They seem to be locked into their retail focused ecosystem of apps and products. Bigger margins, less competition.

Advertisement
Just take it slow. Remember one small event can put a call underwater and you go to 0. Research selling puts too. I've posted a lot about it in here.

I'm just kind of pecking around right now on a separate account buying a few contracts on different time frames so I can watch the mechanics play out. Definitely interested in the some more advanced strategies but i need to finish my www.babypips.com classes lol. My line of work is all about taking advantage of spreads and arbitrage on LME / COMEX spreads so i definitely understand a lot of the concepts.

Advertisement
Back