Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Watch teledoc.... moving big this month for some reason.. Almost sold because it did nothing for 6 months.. Now flying 207 to 292 in half a month

What's going on with these? I'm Hearing redit club? or some pumpers? or some crew spreading rumors?
Reddit's wallstreetbets board is trying (successfully) to force short squeezes. I am sure @Cryptical Envelopment can give a much more coherent and eloquent summary, but at a high level they are essentially mining for stocks that have super high short percent of floats and some other characteristics and are collectively forcing a short squeeze. So GameStop was the big one that got headlines. Now they are trying to mimic this with these other companies. The SEC of Canada halted BB trading and called their leadership to ask what was going on, and they pretty much told them we have no idea.

Reddit's wallstreetbets board is trying (successfully) to force short squeezes. I am sure @Cryptical Envelopment can give a much more coherent and eloquent summary, but at a high level they are essentially mining for stocks that have super high short percent of floats and some other characteristics and are collectively forcing a short squeeze. So GameStop was the big one that got headlines. Now they are trying to mimic this with these other companies. The SEC of Canada halted BB trading and called their leadership to ask what was going on, and they pretty much told them we have no idea.

I've never spent a second on Reddit in my life on purpose. But yes, its called a short attack, and I guess the message board minions are rising up and wreaking havoc. The first ones to buy and the first ones to sell will crush it, but many will get screwed and the infighting will start. I'd guess. I'm not a complicated trader. I buy undervalued companies that I think will become fairly valued. I am in the information business. I try not to get into the idiocy. That said, I did buy a GME put yesterday out of spite. Current gain is 30%... might dip out... might ride it until this thing crashes. Not sure.

Last edited:
I've never spent a second on Reddit in my life on purpose. But yes, its called a short attack, and I guess the message board minions are rising up and wreaking havoc. The first ones to buy and the first ones to sell will crush it, but many will get screwed and the infighting will start. I'd guess. I'm not a complicated trader. I buy undervalued companies that I think will become fairly valued. I am in the information business. I try not to get into the idiocy. That said, I did buy a GME put yesterday out of spite. Current gain is 30%... might dip out... might ride it until this thing crashes. Not sure.
Did not mean to imply in any way you were on WSB or mimicking their picks or doing what they do, just you could explain their strategy better than I ever could.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m in BB at $12.86. We’re at 19 and change after hours. Reddit is creating a ground swell of interest to move these stocks. TSLA was before GME and there will be more after. That said, I don’t think GME is done. Time will tell though.

I’m in BB at $12.86. We’re at 19 and change after hours. Reddit is creating a ground swell of interest to move these stocks. TSLA was before GME and there will be more after. That said, I don’t think GME is done. Time will tell though.

I'm about to short it again. Well, buy puts.

Advertisement
Watch teledoc.... moving big this month for some reason.. Almost sold because it did nothing for 6 months.. Now flying 207 to 292 in half a month
Got mine at 191 and put a trailing stop on last night. Looks anlittle overbought...but i will back cheaper.

**** all 3 of my stops triggered. Tdoc, twist, and pacb.

Last edited:
Advertisement
GameStop up 50% after hours Tuesday night. Talk AMC IS next to run.
Can SEC stop this? It’s not illegal

Advertisement
Back