Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

VFF at $4.68 is a good entry point to take a solid position. I've been buying. It's insane that its not at $7-$10 right now, even with the peripheral headwinds. Not sure what you mean by "putting a little on the options." Are you writing or buying the NOV $4 puts? If writing, I would be surprised if you get forced to buy the stock. I think you will pocket the premium. But that's why that put last traded at $0.21 - you're not going to get a lot for it. But yes worse case is you're buying VFF at $3.79. Yum.

FYI there is a big "playing favorites" thing with a lot of unprofessional moderation going on here. I've been banned twice now for things that people get away with every day. So I can't guarantee I will be around to comment on the trades I've put forth. Just a note so no one is left hanging if it goes down. I can't believe I had to actually write that, but here we are.
You ****ed off somebody and they reported you. Well this sucks.

Advertisement
VFF at $4.68 is a good entry point to take a solid position. I've been buying. It's insane that its not at $7-$10 right now, even with the peripheral headwinds. Not sure what you mean by "putting a little on the options." Are you writing or buying the NOV $4 puts? If writing, I would be surprised if you get forced to buy the stock. I think you will pocket the premium. But that's why that put last traded at $0.21 - you're not going to get a lot for it. But yes worse case is you're buying VFF at $3.79. Yum.

FYI there is a big "playing favorites" thing with a lot of unprofessional moderation going on here. I've been banned twice now for things that people get away with every day. So I can't guarantee I will be around to comment on the trades I've put forth. Just a note so no one is left hanging if it goes down. I can't believe I had to actually write that, but here we are.
Why did you get banned? If it's related to anything in this thread then that's dumb af. Mods need to chill out.

How do you like OKTA? Too late to get in?
September earnings report were solid. Notably, operating income, net income, and EPS were all positive numbers, up from losses the year before. Adj gross margin and adj subscription gross margin at 78.9% and 82.8%, were the highest they have ever been, RPO was up 56% yoy, net expansion rate was 121%, up from 118% a year ago.

I rarely look at price or EV/S. I just examine how good a company is and if there's any sign in weakening of growth in revenues or gross margin. If its going up, then its doing what I want it to do.

OKTA is a low conviction stock right now. I think my top 4 are better.

Not sure if that helps. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Wow. I know people in nyc working in hospitals. This sht isn’t a hoax. Nursing homes down here are getting hit hard. Nyc had this in the community and had no clue it was there until sht hit the fan and it was too late.
The subways and all those people packed in together is a totally different way of life than Most of America.
Sofla has the bulk of deaths in the state for that same reason. No politics at all man. Metropolitan cities are the bulk of the deaths. Don’t see Kalispel Montana getting hit for a reason.
I’m working in s fla, and seeing this **** every day... otherwise healthy people circling the drain. We don’t any nursing homes in my zone and def don’t have subways. It’s real. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Want some crypto exposure? F’ing great opp to buy BRPHF right now... $1.99 fantastic price. NOW NOW NOW CIS RED ALERT.

Basically the potential Blackstone of crypto.

So bad news, some absurd news, a bit of good news, and some great news.

CYCN got crushed when they released their sickle cell data last week. Complete bust. I tried to come on here to advise anyone who bought to pare back their position the day before, but alas, a Napoleonic Lord of the Pixels decided to cut off my access to this website. You can blame him for part of your losses, or lost profits since we bought it cheap, I will own the rest. I'm sorry. Good news is CYCN's Alzheimer's data was promising, and I've been buying it back in the $2's. So we're hopefully not done with it.

The "now now now red alert" trade we made that I quoted above, BRPHF, is up 90% in just 30 days. This is a longterm hold for me. But its nice to get that big pop to start. I hope some got in on this. Crypto-universe exposure.

And yes, I still love VFF more than taco-making moonwalking kittens.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So bad news, some absurd news, a bit of good news, and some great news.

CYCN got crushed when they released their sickle cell data last week. Complete bust. I tried to come on here to advise anyone who bought to pare back their position the day before, but alas, a Napoleonic Lord of the Pixels decided to cut off my access to this website. You can blame him for part of your losses, or lost profits, I will own the rest. I'm sorry. Good news is CYCN's Alzheimer's data was promising, and I've been buying it back in the $2's. So we're hopefully not done with it.

The "now now now red alert" trade we made that I quoted above, BRPHF, is up 90% in just 30 days. This is a longterm hold for me. But its nice to get that big pop to start. I hope some got in on this. Crypto-universe exposure.

And yes, I still love VFF more than taco-making moonwalking kittens.

The marijuana space sure looks poised for a resurgence if dems sweep. Built my own basket.

VFF
GWPH
IIPR
TCNNF
HRVSF
OGI
VLNCF
CGC
ACB
TLRY

I got out of the stock market in February and have been buying houses at 3% with all the cash. My risk: governments won't let me evict people and I pick enough bad apples as tenants. There is a chance I'll take another look at the stock market in 2021 or 2022. TINA is winning as of now. That doesn't mean the stocks are really worth their current prices. More stimulus likely extends the TINA for another 3-6 months. At some point, the Feds can't keep writing checks without extremely negative consequences.

Stocks I like:
Zoom
Amazon
Apple
Tesla
Peleton
Paycom
Docusign
Visa
Mastercard
MongoDB
Zendesk
Microsoft

Advertisement
Have any of you looked into Relief Therapeutics (RLFTF)? From what I was able to find it seems like they have a promising therapeutic for COVID. Besides getting FDA approval, the # of total share has me worried about potential upside.

Advertisement
The real risk to the stock market is disputed election results imo. A dem sweep short term means a flood of stimulus and liquidity which should artificially float markets for awhile.

I can see that. I’m guessing this won’t be done for a while after Election Day.

Why did you get banned? If it's related to anything in this thread then that's dumb af. Mods need to chill out.
Not related to this thread. I posted what I had to say in my stickied thread on the Eye in the Sky board.

Now I’m moving this thread to the sports board where you all can continue without interruption and action for P rhymes with analytics references and things of that sort. On the 2 main boards it can’t happen. That’s said, I am leaving a permanent redirect on the main board as well so that it doesn’t get missed.

All I know is my 401 K never lost a dime with COVID-19 and now it’s averaging 8.5% and I’m at super conservative level.

My Allianz is hovering around 6.5% solid .
Just love our profit sharing at work.

House $50K left , I may milk it an extra year at work to knock mortgage out we’ll see.

House worth $600K

21/2 years left till retirement or till mortgage paid.

Paying yourself FIRST month compounding interest 45 years of it ❤️❤️ IT 👍

I know most of you guys blow this away but I’ve struggled for many years a very tough life .

I thank God I’ve got some nice savings to retire with EXCLUDING SS I never banked on it but the $4000.00 or do a month just gravy excluding 10% tax on it.

I’m excited 45 nine stop years of working coming to a conclusion 🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back