Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

All I know is my 401 K never lost a dime with COVID-19 and now it’s averaging 8.5% and I’m at super conservative level.

My Allianz is hovering around 6.5% solid .
Just love our profit sharing at work.

House $50K left , I may milk it an extra year at work to knock mortgage out we’ll see.

House worth $600K

21/2 years left till retirement or till mortgage paid.

Paying yourself FIRST month compounding interest 45 years of it ❤️❤️ IT 👍

I know most of you guys blow this away but I’ve struggled for many years a very tough life .

I thank God I’ve got some nice savings to retire with EXCLUDING SS I never banked on it but the $4000.00 or do a month just gravy excluding 10% tax on it.

I’m excited 45 nine stop years of working coming to a conclusion 🙌

GOCANES

Congrats. I believe in pay yourself first too.

Advertisement
Not related to this thread. I posted what I had to say in my stickied thread on the Eye in the Sky board.

Now I’m moving this thread to the sports board where you all can continue without interruption and action for P rhymes with analytics references and things of that sort. On the 2 main boards it can’t happen. That’s said, I am leaving a permanent redirect on the main board as well so that it doesn’t get missed.

LOL, ok. Yes, go post in your own-private-Idaho of a make-fun-of-board members and University of Miami alumni and financial supporters thread. Thanks for updating everyone. You are definitely the solution, not the problem. Your tireless dedication and the dozens of hours a week you spend keeping these pixels in order is so very much appreciated. Not sure what you'd do without this... sorry, I mean I am not sure what this board would do without you.

I am sure you will ban me again (for a made up reason you will pull out of thin air again) for this post (how DARE a poster not kiss your *** or defend themselves!), even though I am not breaking a single rule. Have fun, I will be ok. Some of our lives don't revolve around a message board.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 12.13.33 PM.png

Last edited:
All I know is my 401 K never lost a dime with COVID-19 and now it’s averaging 8.5% and I’m at super conservative level.

My Allianz is hovering around 6.5% solid .
Just love our profit sharing at work.

House $50K left , I may milk it an extra year at work to knock mortgage out we’ll see.

House worth $600K

21/2 years left till retirement or till mortgage paid.

Paying yourself FIRST month compounding interest 45 years of it ❤️❤️ IT 👍

I know most of you guys blow this away but I’ve struggled for many years a very tough life .

I thank God I’ve got some nice savings to retire with EXCLUDING SS I never banked on it but the $4000.00 or do a month just gravy excluding 10% tax on it.

I’m excited 45 nine stop years of working coming to a conclusion 🙌

GOCANES
Congratulations on you fiscal situation! Work hard, save early and avoid debt (except for RE) these are the 3 keys.

We've been mortgage free for years and our place is worth 7 figures as well as our 401k plans. I get approached all the time with so called can't miss investments. I say what for, we've already made it. We stay in ETFs and 1 or 2 top blue chips?

Go Canes!

I see Lord of the Pixels moved this thread to Siberia. He did it to take a shot at me, sorry you all got caught up in it. And that's supposed to be a guy who is in charge here lol. Amusing.

Anyway, the VFF and Emerald vote was approved by both parties. VFF will now own 100% of PSF in the next week. Plan is on schedule.

With near certain Biden's win and likely mandate, it will be very good for VFF moving forward. The brass ring is of course fully legal cannabis in the U.S. The US market opens, VFF goes rocketship.

Congratulations on you fiscal situation! Work hard, save early and avoid debt (except for RE) these are the 3 keys.

We've been mortgage free for years and our place is worth 7 figures as well as our 401k plans. I get approached all the time with so called can't miss investments. I say what for, we've already made it. We stay in ETFs and 1 or 2 top blue chips?

Go Canes!

Congratulations! Now completely unwind that and take out a new 2.5% fixed mortgage and use that money to make 7%+ in the bond market. That's a free 4.5% for you on someone else's money. Fixed coupons, but even better yields right now as a lot of quality is discounted. Buy great companies that aren't going out of business like ET, GE and the financials and you don't have to worry about the whims of the stock market.

Step #2: profit.

Money is practically free right now and too many people are running away from it.

Advertisement
Congratulations! Now completely unwind that and take out a new 2.5% fixed mortgage and use that money to make 7%+ in the bond market. That's a free 4.5% for you on someone else's money. Fixed coupons, but even better yields right now as a lot of quality is discounted. Buy great companies that aren't going out of business like ET, GE and the financials and you don't have to worry about the whims of the stock market.

Step #2: profit.

Money is practically free right now and too many people are running away from it.
LOL, you've got it all down.

Conservative now, super aggressive in the past. I'm averaging 13% over the past 20 years, this year up 18%.

What we do is gift the kids x amount per year and that stops when we're gone. The remainder goes to charity.

LOL, you've got it all down.

Conservative now, super aggressive in the past. I'm averaging 13% over the past 20 years, this year up 18%.

What we do is gift the kids x amount per year and that stops when we're gone. The remainder goes to charity.

That's great, I am happy for you and where you are in life! There is just basically an arbitrage situation out there practically with how cheap money is. I am not saying put it all in equities, or equities at all (though my model is 20% equities for these funds), but you can find an automatic 5-10% right now, with someone else's money! It's like not bending down to pick up a $20 bill because you have $200 in your wallet:).

Advertisement
That's great, I am happy for you and where you are in life! There is just basically an arbitrage situation out there practically with how cheap money is. I am not saying put it all in equities, or equities at all (though my model is 20% equities for these funds), but you can find an automatic 5-10% right now, with someone else's money! It's like not bending down to pick up a $20 bill because you have $200 in your wallet:).
Right. Such a great industry to be in, if you educate yourself.

Advertisement
Lowes was doing very well. Don't know anything about HD.
I think the same thought applies to both, though don’t know much about Lowe’s management. People spend there when the economy is growing and they do projects or buy new houses but they also spend during downturns when doing home improvement stuff. Plus, these days people are spending on their houses because there ain’t much else to spend on.

I think the same thought applies to both, though don’t know much about Lowe’s management. People spend there when the economy is growing and they do projects or buy new houses but they also spend during downturns when doing home improvement stuff. Plus, these days people are spending on their houses because there ain’t much else to spend on.
Don't think you can go wrong with either.

Advertisement
This place still a thing, or is everyone letting the Lord of the Pixels kill it?

VFF up 18.38% today
VFF Jan '21 $6 calls up 93.75% today
VFF Jan '21 $5 calls up 76.67% today

Last edited:
Want some crypto exposure? F’ing great opp to buy BRPHF right now... $1.99 fantastic price. NOW NOW NOW CIS RED ALERT.

Basically the potential Blackstone of crypto.

Closed at $4.01 today. We're up over 101%. Great long term hold but also a good time to take some profits here and maybe buy back lower.

Time to make it on the way back down. The market (S&P) should pull back from here, sometime soon, to 2600. It’s my opinion. If you think I’m wrong... buy, buy, buy!!!!!

You started shorting around S&P 3300, right? Are you still sticking with a pull back to 2600? Back above 3500 today...

This place still a thing, or is everyone letting the Lord of the Pixels kill it?

VFF up 18.38% today
VFF Jan '21 $6 calls up 93.75% today
VFF Jan '21 $5 calls up 76.67% today
Been adding some blue chips for the long haul... Microsoft and Visa specifically. May pick up a share or two of google and/or amazon and thinking of adding some Apple, as well.

Advertisement
Back