Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Anytime.

There is never a "best" time to invest in a quality company.

Too many folks get caught up with a "good entry point" and miss out on investing in a solid company.

However, that doesn't mean you have to invest all your money in it at once.

You could always invest 50% now and the other 1/2 later on, for example.

And since the transaction cost is now $0 at a lot of discount brokerages, you don't even have to worry about that expense anymore.

Im looking to invest in tesla whats a good entry price you guys would buy in ???

Advertisement
Advertisement
What are your guys thoughts on Moderna? I bought in at $60 - it went well into the $70’s today before retreating again. I have this thing going to $100 per share.

What are your guys thoughts on Moderna? I bought in at $60 - it went well into the $70’s today before retreating again. I have this thing going to $100 per share.
Yeah, a new analyst picked up coverage from I think Piper and came out with a price target of $100, saying he thinks Moderna's vaccine will work????

That, and their going into the NASDAQ 100 which means ETFs will be buying shares.

Keep in mind there are literally over 100 entities racing for a vaccine. Keep your finger on the buy/sell buttons.

Read back a few pages. Yes. Somewhere between 3400/3500 this market will fall back to 2600. Apple will see 325 and amazon 2200. I’ll buy at 2600, but it could see 2300 again too. Make it coming and going. 🤫 You do you. I’m only responsible for my money.
Amazon will drop 30%? Only way that happens is a split or WWIII. Good luck my man.

Advertisement
Amazon will drop 30%? Only way that happens is a split or WWIII. Good luck my man.
5551B57E-010D-4395-B886-9B8EA72F33F9.jpeg

Crazy right lol it’s never happened before. I guess 3300 to 3000 surprised you? I haven’t sold yet. I’ll wait until the S&P hits 3400. Good luck with markets that go straight up

Last edited:
Why are you bullish on this?

I could talk about VFF for hours, and I would if I wasn't slammed right now, but in summary:

*Strong operator with great management
*Increasing CN market share
*They are pursuing EU-compliant certification (their processing center is already EU compliant) - this is the holy grail, will go parabolic if they can
*Potential Emerald Heath acquisition at great value
*Good liquidity to ride out the sector struggles over some bigger competitors, even before their recent $30M raise
*Potential buybacks and dividend in the future (don't ask how I know that)
*I think the struggles that have depressed the stock price are mostly behind us (disclaimer: I've bought large chunks under $3, but have bought bits as high as $5.10 as well).
*CEO owns 20% of the company (I can't tell you how much weight that carries with me - big skin in the game)

Look, IMO the base case is VFF becoming the high quality / low cost producer in Canada and dominating market share there; the bull case is executing on the EU strategy which you will tell your grandchildren about one day of your own it.

Frankly, I've been buying more every time it goes under $4.85. I am PRAYING is crashes back under $3 or even $4 so I can plow back in again. I own a lot of common, two different calls ($5 and $6), and I sold two different puts as well.

This is an analyst note that I saved as it helped me solidify my conviction when most of the street was bagging on it. It was nice to see someone else get it:

Raymond James analysts said Aurora Cannabis Inc.'s (ACB) strong stock gains following its recent earnings look overdone compared with the subdued response to stronger numbers from Organigram Inc. (OGI.T) and Village Farms International Inc. (VFF). In a note looking at the three companies and their businesses, analysts Rahul Sarugaser and Michael Freeman said the market rewarded Aurora's better-than-expected revenue and overlooked its negative EBITDA. "You gotta be kidding me," the analysts wrote in a note to clients. Aurora's shares have gained 77% in the month to date. "As one of our observant colleagues pointed out: ACB's stock gained in value equivalent to twice that of OGI's entire market cap { about $250 million)-- or thrice that of Village Farms' (VFF) market cap (@178 million)--after reporting a net loss equivalent to about 50% of OGI's market cap, or 75% of VFF's. Let that sink in," the analysts wrote. Organigram and Village Farms (VFF) are well operated companies that consistently report positive EBITDA and are capturing market share, said the note. Aurora shares were down 4.5% premarket and are down 43% in the year to date, while the Cannabis ETF (THCX) has fallen 24% and the S&P 500 has fallen 10%.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I am happy to answer them if I can when I pop back on.

Advertisement
Rec:

ET @ $6.40

Almost 20% DIV at that price and I think the share price is going up significantly over the next 12-18 months. Anyone else want to throw their best ideas out and keep track? Let's give each other all $100,000 of MiamiMoney to play with. And see where we are on July 1, 2021.

So in summary, my "CIS portfolio" recommendations to date are:

Buy 100 Jan 21 VFF $6 call contracts at $1 (-$10,000)
Sell 100 Jan 21 VFF $4 put contracts at $1.05 (+$10,500)
(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID out .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)
Buy 10,000 LPTX $1.93 (-$19,300)
Buy 3000 ET at $6.40 (-$19,200)

Cash on hand: $62,000

We are either going to Lugars or an angry weirdo will call me names. I'll be ok:)

Anyone up for the challenge?

Updated. Again, simulated $100K portfolio.

My "CIS portfolio" recommendations to date are:

Buy 100 Jan 21 VFF $6 call contracts at $1 (-$10,000)
Sell 100 Jan 21 VFF $4 put contracts at $1.05 (+$10,500)
(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID us .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)
Buy 10,000 LPTX $1.93 (-$19,300)
Buy 3000 ET at $6.40 (-$19,200)
Buy 1000 VFF at $4.82 (-4,820)

Cash on hand: $57,180

Last edited:
I could talk about VFF for hours, and I would if I wasn't slammed right now, but in summary:

*They are pursuing EU-compliant certification (their processing center is already EU compliant) - this is the holy grail, will go parabolic if they can
*Good liquidity to ride out the sector struggles over some bigger competitors, even before their recent $30M raise
*I think the struggles that have depressed the stock price are mostly behind us (disclaimer: I've bought large chunks under $3, but have bought bits as high as $5.10 as well).
*CEO owns 20% of the company (I can't tell you how much weight that carries with me - big skin in the game)

Look, IMO the base case is VFF becoming the high quality / low cost producer in Canada and dominating market share there; the bull case is executing on the EU strategy which you will tell your grandchildren about one day of your own it.

Frankly, I've been buying more every time it goes under $4.85. I am PRAYING is crashes back under $3 or even $4 so I can plow back in again. I own a lot of common, two different calls ($5 and $6), and I sold two different puts as well.

This is an analyst note that I saved as it helped me solidify my conviction when most of the street was bagging on it. It was nice to see someone else get it:

Raymond James analysts said Aurora Cannabis Inc.'s (ACB) strong stock gains following its recent earnings look overdone compared with the subdued response to stronger numbers from Organigram Inc. (OGI.T) and Village Farms International Inc. (VFF). In a note looking at the three companies and their businesses, analysts Rahul Sarugaser and Michael Freeman said the market rewarded Aurora's better-than-expected revenue and overlooked its negative EBITDA. "You gotta be kidding me," the analysts wrote in a note to clients. Aurora's shares have gained 77% in the month to date. "As one of our observant colleagues pointed out: ACB's stock gained in value equivalent to twice that of OGI's entire market cap { about $250 million)-- or thrice that of Village Farms' (VFF) market cap (@178 million)--after reporting a net loss equivalent to about 50% of OGI's market cap, or 75% of VFF's. Let that sink in," the analysts wrote. Organigram and Village Farms (VFF) are well operated companies that consistently report positive EBITDA and are capturing market share, said the note. Aurora shares were down 4.5% premarket and are down 43% in the year to date, while the Cannabis ETF (THCX) has fallen 24% and the S&P 500 has fallen 10%.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I am happy to answer them if I can when I pop back on.

How do you feel about IIPR and ACRGF?

I don’t know enough about them to offer a valid opinion. NLY and VFF are my best bets in each space respectively. I think there is a lot of fear baked into NLY, but 93% of their paper is gov’t backed.

I like and own ARCC as well.

Advertisement

Appreciate the info. I've got some cash on hand. What price range do you foresee this going to? Over $10?

Appreciate the info. I've got some cash on hand. What price range do you foresee this going to? Over $10?

Thanks! Once I get my psych review and they let me out of here, I'm going to make all these trades with real money!

Just kidding. No bull****, yes, over $10. I am hoping for $8+ by EOY, thus my Jan options. I don't spin or hedge so I am giving you my real thoughts without leaving myself room for error. I am looking for $11-$15 base case, $40-$60 if the EU game miraculously comes to fruition. Don't give me grief if to only goes to $9:)

Anytime.

There is never a "best" time to invest in a quality company.

Too many folks get caught up with a "good entry point" and miss out on investing in a solid company.

However, that doesn't mean you have to invest all your money in it at once.

You could always invest 50% now and the other 1/2 later on, for example.

And since the transaction cost is now $0 at a lot of discount brokerages, you don't even have to worry about that expense anymore.

Iipr. Had it sold it. Messed that up. I want to get back in.

Advertisement
Back