Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
92439D7C-80B7-4F50-8B5F-109C89F73283.gif

I think WORK could be an interesting one.

Public for only around a year.

I like the founder running the company.

Largely recession and pandemic resistant.

In fact, it's in one of the spaces which could ultimately benefit long-term after the Wuhan virus (hopefully) disappears.

Market cap still isn't too large at under $20 B, so there's room for growth for years if it produces.

Still hard to say who the winners will be in its niche, but there are far worse companies out their than Slack.

Buying 200 WORK at $31.59 = $6,318

My "CIS portfolio" recommendations to date are:

Buy 100 Jan 21 VFF $6 call contracts at $1 (-$10,000)
Sell 100 Jan 21 VFF $4 put contracts at $1.05 (+$10,500)
(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID us .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)
Buy 10,000 LPTX $1.93 (-$19,300)
Buy 3000 ET at $6.40 (-$19,200)
Buy 1000 VFF at $4.82 (-4,820)
Buy 200 WORK at $31.59 (-$6,318)

Advertisement
I promise you would lose that comparison. By a lot.

I don’t bullshlt.

Awesome! Let's go then. Man up. Or I don't know, you can post more .gifs and tell us all how right you are all the time.

$100k start. Post your trades in real time. If the price is wrong from your date stamp, you're done. We go to July 1, 2021. Deal?

Last edited:
Awesome! Let's go then. Man up. Or I don't know, you can post more .gifs and tell us all how right you are all the time.

$100k start. Post your trades in real time. If the price is wrong from your date stamp, you're done. We go to July 1, 2021. Deal?

I don’t trade like that.

First of all, that’s a small trade for me, second of all, I could go 100% cash, right now, and kill what you make the next 5 years (at least) with what I’ve made so far in 7 months, when I set my six month strategy in December 2019.

You’re a little chihuahua snapping at a Doberman.

A few people around here know I don’t lie and I don’t bullshlt.

Advertisement
I don’t trade like that.

First of all, that’s a small trade for me, second of all, I could go 100% cash, right now, and kill what you make the next 5 years (at least) with what I’ve made so far in 7 months, when I set my six month strategy in December 2019.

You’re a little chihuahua snapping at a Doberman.

A few people around here know I don’t lie and I don’t bullshlt.

LOL. Dying. Well, for one, this is not real money. Ok, lets make it $10,000,000 so you can make up for your Napoleon complex. Get it yet? It's a competition about percentage return. PERCENTAGE RETURN. The size of the portfolio doesn't matter. Only a very stupid person would care about the actual imaginary $ amount we have to work with. Or an ******* who needs to brag on the internet. There is something to be said for modesty, look it up. But back to the issue, you know, again... percentage return. Finally getting it? No?

You don't need to "go full cash" to participate. You are starting with "full cash." Finally getting it? No?

I am not going to sink down to your petty level and comment on the size of my portfolio. But I will say one thing. The hubris and stupidity of your comments, about how sure you are that you can outperform another person you don't know by 9x says all I need to know about your emotion and intellect. Based on that, I think I will dust you. But I'm smart enough not to make assumptions. So let's find out.

So are you going to MAN up, stop ducking the challenge and take me on? Or are you going to keep trying to deflect because you're too chicken**** to go head to head with me?

Last edited:
Advertisement
One more this week lol, buying some bonds:

ENERGY TRANSFER P VAR (29278NAB9) - 10,000 @ 76.57 = $7,657

(Remember, buying those two together actually PAID us .05 per share and we still have the upside on the calls)
Buy 15,000 HBVTF at $0.228 (-3,342)
Buy 500 ARCC at $14.02 (-$7,010)
Buy 10,000 ET P VAR (29278NAB9) at 76.57 (-$7,657)

Cash: $32,853 (I have to cover the VFF puts eventually).

Updated based on all trades posted publicly in real time in this thread:

Buy 2500 CYCN @ $4.70
Buy 2000 CYCN @ $4.02

With the two CYCN trades consolidated:

Buy 4500 CYCN @ $4.40 (-$19,790)

= $13,063 cash on hand (I owe 100 VFF puts).

LOL. Dying. Well, for one, this is not real money. Ok, lets make it $10,000,000 so you can make up for your Napoleon complex. Get it yet? It's a competition about percentage return. PERCENTAGE RETURN. The size of the portfolio doesn't matter. Only a very stupid person would care about the actual imaginary $ amount we have to work with. Or an ******* who needs to brag on the internet. There is something to be said for modesty, look it up. But back to the issue, you know, again... percentage return. Finally getting it? No?

You don't need to "go full cash" to participate. You are starting with "full cash." Finally getting it? No?

I am not going to sink down to your petty level and comment on the size of my portfolio. But I will say one thing. The hubris and stupidity of your comments, about how sure you are that you can outperform another person you don't know by 9x says all I need to know about your emotion and intellect. Based on that, I think I will dust you. But I'm smart enough not to make assumptions. So let's find out.

So are you going to MAN up, stop ducking the challenge and take me on? Or are you going to keep trying to deflect because you're too chicken**** to go head to head with me?

You’re unhinged.

I only deal in real money.

I’ve already shown you what my one-year return it is. I’ll have to dig it up but I think it’s around 80 or 90%. Do you remember? You seemed to be so interested in it

Just so you know. I’m not a penny ante stock picker.

I invest for the long run for me and my family’s future.

I’ve been blessed or lucky or both.

I’m not sure what it is you want me to do. Do you want me pick some stocks right now. That’s not how I invest. I do my research and invest for the medium and long term.

Am I supposed to change the way I invest because you want to have some fake internet mano a mano?

I mean I suppose I can send you what my portfolio is if that’s what you’re interested in. But I promise you both in volume and return it beats you by a mile. I can tell just from how you post. Maybe you should just stop being so jealous of me and try to increase your wealth instead of taking blind shots at me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’re unhinged.

I only deal in real money.

I’ve already shown you what my one-year return it is. I’ll have to dig it up but I think it’s around 80 or 90%. Do you remember? You seemed to be so interested in it

Just so you know. I’m not a penny ante stock picker.

I invest for the long run for me and my family’s future.

I’ve been blessed or lucky or both.

I’m not sure what it is you want me to do. Do you want me pick some stocks right now. That’s not how I invest. I do my research and invest for the medium and long term.

Am I supposed to change the way I invest because you want to have some fake internet mano a mano?

I mean I suppose I can send you what my portfolio is if that’s what you’re interested in. But I promise you both in volume and return it beats you by a mile. I can tell just from how you post. Maybe you should just stop being so jealous of me and try to increase your wealth instead of taking blind shots at me.

"Unhinged," sure, buddy. Keep trying to distract everyone from what's happening here.

You run your mouth and you've been called out. Step up. You are clearly scared to go up against me. No? Prove it. I am calling out all your BS. No one cares what you SAY you've made in the past. If you did well, great. Many of us did. We just have more class than to brag about it on a message board and try to live off our past luck. This thread is for sharing opportunities. Sharing PAST ideas is counter-productive and just makes you look like an ***. No one cares about how you invest, or any of your other whiny, stalling posts.

Stop with all your excuses and distractions. There is only one way to do this. We pick stocks, bonds, options, whatever. I don't care. Me vs. you. Live, logged here in this thread. May the better man win. I made it a year competition. Plenty long enough. You can buy when you want, buy and hold, trade a ton in and out, whatever YOU think will delver the best results. Nothing else matters.

The only thing that matters is PERFORMANCE.

Are you in? Or are you going to chicken out in front of this whole board?

"Unhinged," sure, buddy. Keep trying to distract everyone from what's happening here.

You run your mouth and you've been called out. Step up. You are clearly scared to go up against me. No? Prove it. I am calling out all your BS. No one cares what you SAY you've made in the past. If you did well, great. Many of us did. We just have more class than to brag about it on a message board and try to live off our past luck. This thread is for sharing opportunities. Sharing PAST ideas is counter-productive and just makes you look like an ***. No one cares about how you invest, or any of your other whiny, stalling posts.

Stop with all your excuses and distractions. There is only one way to do this. We pick stocks, bonds, options, whatever. I don't care. Me vs. you. Live, logged here in this thread. May the better man win. I made it a year competition. Plenty long enough. You can buy when you want, buy and hold, trade a ton in and out, whatever YOU think will delver the best results. Nothing else matters.

The only thing that matters is PERFORMANCE.

Are you in? Or are you going to chicken out in front of this whole board?

You’re literally nuts.

Am I in for what? Exactly what is it that you want?

EDIT: Here’s my ROR...you happy now. Or do you want me to throw darts while we hold hands. I only deal in the real world with real money.

if you can beat this yearly rate of return then you’re a better investor than I am - and congratulations

63D917BC-7D35-499A-BEAA-A7D99F89350F.jpeg

Last edited:
2 very solid companies.

And both have produced well since having gone public.

I prefer MA a bit more than V, but they are both very good ones.

If you continue holding them for any period of time, your returns should look even better.

And better.

Just want to leave this post from May 9 here :cool:

+50.58% on FB and +22.98% on V.

You’re literally nuts.

Am I in for what? Exactly what is it that you want?

EDIT: Here’s my ROR...you happy now. Or do you want me to throw darts while we hold hands. I only deal in the real world with real money.

if you can beat this yearly rate of return then you’re a better investor than I am - and congratulations

View attachment 122465
Awesome return dude I hit 200% today so I’m happy. I only started with a little and I’m on a mission to get to 500k.

Advertisement
Back