Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I'm far from an expert...I got pretty lucky. I did read that Disney has only used less than 5% of its land holdings. Don't hold me to it, but that kept me pretty optimistic along with Disney+ and ESPN.

Disney owns so much **** now that those perks are the least of theirworries

Advertisement
I thought that was signed into federal law already ? Do states have to still approve it at the state level ?
All states have to approve on their level what form it will take. Physical betting, full mobile, partial mobile. Didn't realize but it's up to 11 states now that offer either full or partial betting on the internet with more to come.

All states have to approve on their level what form it will take. Physical betting, full mobile, partial mobile. Didn't realize but it's up to 11 states now that offer either full or partial betting on the internet with more to come.

What do you suggest putting some extra cash into to capitalize on this? Draftkings?

There are arguments for both but with the amount of money pumped into the system the last 12 years inflation is more likely imo. Ray Dalio has spoken about it coming for years.

Ray Dalio is not someone that I follow for economic forecasts. In fact, economics is not his field. He just guesses, like a lot of other people in the financial world.

Phd Economists can also be full of shlt, but I’m not sure Dalio has a track record for successfully predicting macroeconomic trends.

We may get hyper-inflation, or not at a all - haven’t seen any convincing evidence either way.

Advertisement
Ray Dalio is not someone that I follow for economic forecasts. In fact, economics is not his field. He just guesses, like a lot of other people in the financial world.

Phd Economists can also be full of shlt, but I’m not sure Dalio has a track record for successfully predicting macroeconomic trends.

We may get hyper-inflation, or not at a all - haven’t seen any convincing evidence either way.

In this environment i'll side with market makers over market observers.

What do you suggest putting some extra cash into to capitalize on this? Draftkings?
I really haven't followed the online gambling and don't know much about it to make any recommendation on an individual stock. That said, I'm big into ETFs and options. I personally would go with the ETF BETZ and it includes those stocks previously listed.

Love to hear people's opinions...

A. What the **** is going on? This thing should be tanking

B. What are you looking at or buying? Or are you in all cash...

Oil stocks are waaay down. Royal Dutch Shell has been trading in the mid to low $30’s. If you look at where they’ve been over the last 5 years and add to that what would happen to the worlds economy if they failed it’s a no brainer buy. 1 barrel of oil supplies a families entire energy needs for 5 years. No other form of energy can compete. The infrastructure to extract said oil is in place. When the economy turns around it’s not going to be in a position to invest in green energy therefore the stocks will rise as will the gas prices. I’m also killing it on apple.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oil stocks are waaay down. Royal Dutch Shell has been trading in the mid to low $30’s. If you look at where they’ve been over the last 5 years and add to that what would happen to the worlds economy if they failed it’s a no brainer buy. 1 barrel of oil supplies a families entire energy needs for 5 years. No other form of energy can compete. The infrastructure to extract said oil is in place. When the economy turns around it’s not going to be in a position to invest in green energy therefore the stocks will rise as will the gas prices. I’m also killing it on apple.
One barrel of oil is 42 gallons which gets you about 20 gallons of gas 10 gallons of diesel and a few gallons of jet fuel not even close to supplying a family for five years.

I believe Dalio's "all weather portfolio" says as much right? That he can't predict the future, but when re-balanced appropriately, his hedge fund methodology is best suited to take advanatage of a wide array of economic conditions.

I believe Dalio's "all weather portfolio" says as much right? That he can't predict the future, but when re-balanced appropriately, his hedge fund methodology is best suited to take advanatage of a wide array of economic conditions.

He’s had success as a hedge fund manager, so have a lot of other people. That doesn’t mean he’s good on a multi-factorial hyper-inflation forecast, that’s not an area of his expertise. Just like I’m not, and just because I beat his averages doesn’t mean I’m ready to be a hedge fund manager...even though my portfolio outperforms 90% of the funds out there.

Advertisement
The market views the risk/reward ratio in equities as relatively good to fixed income/cash.

I wouldn't touch buying equities with a 30 foot poll right now and remain short.

But if you're not a long-term investor and you're coming here for input, you might as well just put your cash in a barrel and burn it.

Turbulent markets break inexperienced traders.

this may be the single worst piece of advice ever posted on any message board in the history of message boards. if someone took your awful advice they just lost out on the greatest 15 day surge in the history of the Dow Jones.

Let's hear you unpack your conspiracies about us not being 25+trillion in debt with 16% unemployment. Or let's hear literally any of your equity knowledge besides your generic gambling response. The same one usually muttered by people who don't know wtf they're talking about.

22 trillion and 13.3% unemployment

Advertisement
this may be the single worst piece of advice ever posted on any message board in the history of message boards. if someone took your awful advice they just lost out on the greatest 15 day surge in the history of the Dow Jones.
Greatest 90 days!

This is why I invest my own money and don’t hand it over to someone that’s going to charge me 1 - 3%. Although for most people, this is exactly what they should do. Either that, or just invest in an index fund. And be passive.

But I like to invest my own money I have my own personal stock basket. I have nobody to blame but myself if things go sideways. Plus I get that juice going which makes it fun. Why let somebody else have the fun?

Truth. I went in 80% equities and 20% call options (which all went bonkers) and crusted it all off by selling a bunch of puts which have all nicely expired worthless or are down big and heading there. Don’t be scared. Good companies aren’t available at a discount very often.

It is still not too late to invest. Look at the 52 week highs of most of these companies. You are not buying at the historical tops today. If you are still feeling antsy, have some extra cash for dips but do not let success scare you out of investing.
Carnival cruise lines will go up from these levels. So will Disney and Exxon and others that got hit. Take a look at banks at these levels. Hasbro is off its highs. Also consider stocks that thrive in a second wave of covid. JNJ. Chlorox, UPS, Amazon. All are good.

Advertisement
Back